MP Mod Manager

Good news. I tested mods that update game database. New Civs and mods like the krakatoa fix seem to work well in my short internal testings (Could select the civs and the game / the krakatoa fix was applied to the database).
SQL-Files are not supported yet.

Thank you for working on this, Firaxis would rather see modders go themselves than support them on MP.
Have you tried it with scenarios?
Scenarios. Haven't thought about them yet. A quick look into game files tells me they are using *.modinfo files just like mods. All I have to do is add those into my mods search pattern. Will check if it works soon.

There was no change in the AI Multiplayer mod. Perhaps this is a bug I haven't seen yet. Can you give me a save where this bug happens?
Do you mean empty deal bug or "no longer valid" bug?
I'll give you autosave the next time we gather for session (been three days already) for sure, but the second one is harder to get.

Do you mean empty deal bug or "no longer valid" bug?
I'll give you autosave the next time we gather for session (been three days already) for sure, but the second one is harder to get.

I'm interested in any bugs affecting gameplay. If a player cannot accept a deal, because it is no longer valid, than I need the save just befor this happens and the save where the deal was proposed. Be aware: Deals may not be valid. Only send me the saves if nothing happend that would have made a deal invalid.

If the AI bugs the Player without reason, e.g. 'empty deals' or out of context responses, I'll need the save just befor this happens.

I'm interested in any bugs affecting gameplay. If a player cannot accept a deal, because it is no longer valid, than I need the save just befor this happens and the save where the deal was proposed. Be aware: Deals may not be valid. Only send me the saves if nothing happend that would have made a deal invalid.

If the AI bugs the Player without reason, e.g. 'empty deals' or out of context responses, I'll need the save just befor this happens.
https://www.mediafire.com/?b941s1epgqz6dzw
I belive this happens when multiplae AI propose a deal and you agree to it.

Three players, I play as India, load and agree to the first AI proposal after this turn.

The new version of your mod-manager works pretty great. I had not one single issue with the program itself. I found however two mods which should be working from what I can tell but don't (They are load just fine, but ingame are not in effect. I confirmed both working without using the mod manager)

They are both from bloublou on the steam workshop named "Religion - Beliefs Expansion Pack" and "Promotions - Expansion Pack".

Might you have some time to look into that matter, perhaps?

Sincerely
Cellandine

Do I not really get, what you two are talking about, or...?

AI denounces me/ her already all the time with the AI Diplomacy Mod, when I play with my over LAN.
But a human cannot denounce an other human. That's a problem, because the AI reacts on denounciations.

Registered just to post this - JDH, amazing work man. This mod is fantastic, and my MP group enjoys it very much. The AI is gimped enough as it is since you can't select a difficulty level for them, it's nice that we at least can give them some diplomacy teeth.

Thanks for putting forth the time to fix this.

But a human cannot denounce an other human. That's a problem, because the AI reacts on denounciations.

Ah, I see, thanks!

We found a new bug which happens only with the new version. When we start the game via the manager with our chosen mods as usual, the game will always fail to mod in the first attempt (there is only the normal menu instead of the modded one) It always works with the second attempt right after the first. (same bug on both computers)

I also found that when you activate more than 6 mods and join/ create a game, the "check" wether both players have the same mods will fail and say something along the lines of "Cellandine check failed: Mod X not active/found" where x is always all mods after the first 5 of the activation order. This happens for the host when he creates the game as well as all joining players, which will be kicked after a short while.

Sincerely
Cellandine

Great work JDH, we can't thank you enough! :goodjob:
Please keep up the good work so the manager will hopefully support all kinds of mods one day! :thumbsup:

Thanks to Adenru's save game I was able to track down a huge amount of smaller and greater bugs.

The AI should now be able to do proper deal requests to the players. I'll have to implement some sort of rotating. I don't want to have AI's to alwas test Player 1 for trades first.
There may be a bug with simultaneous trade requests now. I played about 15 Turns in an advanced game with two players (Adenru's save). Seemed to work fine though.

So I guess it's safe to update and continue our game with newer version.

Steam has already done it...

This reminds me that I wanted to implement a mod backup system to the mod manager. I think it will come along with the planed save-file management.

Hi,

Nice work - this JdH's Active AI Diplomacy in MP sounds like a fix we've been waiting forever =)

Would it be possible for you to upload it also to somewhere else besides Steam workshop, so we Mac users who are running Steam free version of Civ5 could download it also.

Nope, empty deal are still there.
Sometimes AI proposes to open borders without opeing borders.
During war France proposed peace but there wasn't peace treaty in deal, only open borders.
Sometimes AI begs you to give something with empty field.
Sometimes AI wants to renew deal without deal.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8mgn38wdlbxjj1p
Save, I'm india.

Top Bottom