1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MRex's Brilliant Plan

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Micaelis Rex, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Personally, I like MRex's plan. I also agree with what 40J says. This game can still be played with some sort of dignity with hopes of affecting some influence at endgame. These ideas can help get us there, at least they're worth a try.

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Alright then, let's try to achieve victory with Poly as our mutual partners. However, one question comes to mind: If it's down to the wire, who should win, us or Poly?

3. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Us, of course! There is no other way. If we can decide whether we win or Poly wins, we win. No question about it.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah. Stupid question. ;)

5. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Publicly, our stance should be that we are working to affect a victory for Poly. Privately, we should be hoping for a possible victory for ourselves. Although, I very much doubt it will be possible unless our relative strength to Poly changes dramatically between now and the endgame.

Remember, Poly needs only to continue marching their army towards Shen Ling and our pitiful excuse for a military would be no match for them. Also remember that, while their massive army marches on Catchopolis, all of their cities are still producing units/settlers/whatever. Their total productive capacity should make all of our heads spin.

I think our best bet is to convince Poly that we are much more valuable to them alive and as a partner than as a conquered foe.

MRex
    I would certainly consider my skirmishes idea an exploit. I would also say that I've never heard of it before so it surely can't have been listed as a forbidden exploit either.

Stuck
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by letting everyone else know. Only Poly and we would have to know about the skirmishes. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, we would be perpetually squabbling over territorial issues and luxury tarriffs. :D

6. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

"We want the forest north of our city cause there are no Moose to hunt in our forests!"

I like the idea of a little squabbling :D

7. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

We want ourselves to win, but we publically will support a Poly win. I'm still not sure about the skirmishes idea, since we would also get the benefits of permanent negative war-weariness. Furthermore, as demonstrated in the Poly MTDG 1, declaring war and making peace every turn can expose bugs in PTW.

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

I was thinking more along the lines of 4 or 5 turns of war in which our respective elites kill the other's regular warriors in an attempt to produce a couple of GLs. Then we wait a few turns to do it again.

I'm not sure how that would affect war weariness, but that should avoid any bugs in PTW, yes?

9. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

The bug @ Poly was with ROP, but if I'm correct it shouldn't be any different for peace treaties...

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

What bug?:confused: