1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MTDG3 Preparation PitBoss

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Caledorn, May 6, 2012.

1. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

So far we have 3 in favour of changing to a pre-screened map, with 1 against.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

2. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

I'll go with the majority, not really much to loose if we regenerate the map. If not its also fine with me.

3. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I'd be game for a premade map. Reloading all the time will be tedious.

4. Pucc

Pucc Chieftain

Im fine with w/e you all decide :)

5. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Wait, wait, I think some guys dont see whats going on. As far as I understand it, the current game was only up to test the connectivity and just now we will have the real game where everyone gets his desired civ/leader and we will start playing regularly as normal pitboss. Am I right?

6. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Yes, actions performed while the game is paused do not get executed until the game is unpaused.

7. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

Understood, but I'd still prefer a screened map. I don't want equalized starts/resources, but completely abnormal starts need to be checked for. Polar starts, an island, or one guy getting 7 grassland gems - 3 wet corn and a river plains hill stone to settle on (unless that last one is me of course:lol: )

8. Yuck_Fou

Yuck_Fou Chieftain

I surrender !:rolleyes: Go for new map ;)

9. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

As I stated in the first post, I'll keep this game running for as long as the participants want to play. If someone wants to drop out, then they are free to do so (as in all games), and I would add that people should be lenient towards people who wishes to drop out in this game as I never intended this to be a PB on the same level of seriousness that most PB's are. So keep that in mind guys, and don't hold any grudges towards anyone who decides they wish to drop to AI please. If someone drops to AI, anyone is welcome to ask a friend to take over a Civ that has been dropped by someone else if the player who drops the Civ doesn't intend to come back after a few days of course.

In regards to the map, I will be restarting the game with a pre-screened map today. The map has been made by someone who is not participating in the game, and I have not looked at it - nor will I. :)

10. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Game back up on new map.

Civstats password is: MTDG3

:)

11. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I forgot to say: The difficulty for all players are set to Noble. So animals and barbs shouldn't be TOO much of a problem. Keep that in mind though if you need to drop to AI!

12. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

I'm in.

13. 2metraninja

Loged and played nice. Fast response and quick download time.

14. 2metraninja

Halvgud did not claimed his civ. Replacement?

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

He's just been out of town for the holidays. He will claim it tonight :)

16. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Where is Halvgud from? Surely "tonight" has almost gone in most parts of the world?

Do you know him personally, Caledorn? I ask because usually it is not a good sign when someone with 1 post fails to show up for the first turn of a game. Everyone else played within 8 hours of the game coming up; we've now been waiting an additional 32 hours for one person.

As a general note, it's good courtesy in these games to let folks know in advance if you plan on being away for more than a day at a time. Just a nice thing to do to keep everyone informed and/or able to find substitutes or convert you to AI. :)

17. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Hmm, the turn flipped at last. Hopefully we'll be able to get the next few turns played a little quicker. :)

18. 2metraninja

Maybe shorten the timer to something like 22 hours (24 hours real time) now after the first turn is done?

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Yeah, I'm gonna be away Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon. I'm sure the AI will be able to do a fine job with my turn.

20. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Okay... just remember to hit "Retire" the turn before you leave then, to switch to AI. (You may be aware of that already, just stating it for general knowledge.) :)