1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MTDG3 Preparation PitBoss

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Caledorn, May 6, 2012.

1. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I've known Halvgud personally for the last 12 or 13 years :) He lives not far from where I live.

I have no issues with reducing the turn timer to half of what it is now, but Bowsling stated in the initial game proceedings (before the game started) that he preferred the game timer to stay at 48 hours. So unless he has changed his mind, I'm not sure it would be proper to reduce it at this point when the game was announced with a 48 hour timer. What do you guys say? :)

2. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Okay, good to know.

Personally I'd prefer a 24 hour timer, at least during the early stages of the game, but as long as we're all playing well within the 48 hours most of the time it's much the same thing. Guess we'll see how the next few turns go.

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Just 2 days missing is not a reason to switch to AI at all, just queue things and let it go. AI can mess up with your game badly.

4. Halvgud

Halvgud Chieftain

To everyone:

I was away for the weekend and did indeed forget to tell you about this in advance.
    It was not intended. I give you my most sincere apology, for making you wait for so long on the first turn. I will do my utmost to make sure this does not happen again.

As for your question, I'm Norwegian and share the same time zone with Caledorn. We have known eachother for many years. I look forward to playing with you. :)

5. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I'd be fine with 24h.

6. 2metraninja

It is not a big problem waiting for you to play, we were just worried if you are serious player and will you show up ever again.

After all, welcome and have fun. :)

7. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Halvgud is playing in the DoB game @ Apolyton as well, 2metra :) He's on the list of players there :)

In regards to the turn timer - I will give a grace time of 24 hours from now in case someone has objections - and then if there are no objections I will set the timer to 24 hours. I will leave it like that for the first 50ish turns, and we can rediscuss the topic then. :)

8. 2metraninja

Oh! Is he? Damn, I never took a look who plays there, as they are all anonymous and it does not matter much :) Anyway, glad we share even more games.

9. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

That reminds me! To those of us here who play in the DoB game (we are 4 players from the DoB game here I believe - 2metra, Elkad, Halvgud and myself): Don't forget to check your name before logging in to this game, or the rest of us will be made aware of who you are playing in the DoB game. :)

10. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

I'm already having to swap my name back and forth, since I'm in a bunch of games.

I need to figure out the custom .ini switch so when I launch DoB mod it changes my name too.

11. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I accidentally logged in as "Thomas" earlier today. I really need to make sure I check the name before logging in.

12. 2metraninja

Hmm, that would be awesome if can be done. I would be interested to know how this works too.

13. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

So are we on a 24h rotation now?

14. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Since there has been no objections, I will swap the turntimer to 24 hours yes. If there are any objections, feel free to complain anyways. ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I have adjusted the turn timer to 24 hours with no correction for the Pitboss timer errors. So I guess it's around 25-26 hours. If someone can tell me what i should set the turn timer at to get approximately 24 hours per turn, i would be grateful :) If not, I'll just leave it at 24h. :)

16. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

It varies depending on the game. For this one right now I'd suspect 23 hours would do fine. Maybe 22 hours later in the game when the timer runs a little slower (due to extra logins, etc).

Also, 2metra, we're all waiting on you... ;)

17. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Thank you :) I've adjusted it to 23 hours then. The turntimer at CivStats should still reflect 24 hours, yes? I am just assuming that it is accounting for the PB mistake .. ;)

18. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

No, the Civstats timer reads the in-game clock (something like every 10-15 minutes). So at the start of a new turn it'll say there's 23 hours to go, but by the time 23 hours have passed, another hour (at least) will have been added. ;)

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Ah :) Then I assume that means the admin option field that says "Turn timer" is just for information purposes and nothing more. ;)

20. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Not sure, haven't ever set up a game myself so haven't encountered that. From experience though, the Civstats timer definitely tracks the in-game timer.