1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MTDG3 Preparation PitBoss

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by Caledorn, May 6, 2012.

1. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Hey, HitAnyKey or Caledorn, do you mind logging in and playing this turn for me? I forgot to set queues, and I probably won't be able to log in before the turn flips in five hours.

2. HitAnyKey

HitAnyKey Lunatic

3. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

:lol: Aren't I a fool. :hammer2:

4. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Could those of you who are playing in this game please subscribe to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=468165, so I don't have to update several threads with updates about the server? Anything related to the main server will be posted there anyways, so if I post there that I'm taking the server down it will also relate to this PB (and the other ones I'm hosting). If there is something specific related to one of the games I will of course use the specific thread for the game. ;)

5. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I will be away for most of next week, so if Caledorn or HitAnyKey could play (until Friday) that'd be great.

6. HitAnyKey

HitAnyKey Lunatic

Heh, I'm away from Tuesday through Saturday myself. So I'm actually looking for a sub for the other game. I may have to settle for Caledorn if I can't find someone else. :lol:

7. Yuck_Fou

Yuck_Fou Chieftain

Sorry for my 14 days not playing :-/ I give to my sub wrong old port:-X

8. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Sorry, I've missed a couple of turns.

Also, CivIV crashed on me while I was exiting to the main menu. Hopefully this didn't affect the server. :sad:

9. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Sorry to keep spamming this thread, but I noticed something funny when I was looking at Civstats. It says that at 8:17 my time (Civstats is 3 hours early on me for some reason) on the 20th, somebody logged in as "Bowsling??", played my turn, then changed the name back to Bowsling. The issue here is that at 8:17 my time on the 20th was that I was asleep in a tent 20 kilometres from the nearest road, let alone internet connection or Civ access.

I certainly hope this is a bug with CivStats, or that whoever logged in here is not actually playing in the game!

Attached Files:

10. Filon

Filon Chieftain

I think it is a bug, since no reports of login/logout, just nick change.

11. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

Yeah, no login, it's an artifact of some sort during the turn flip.

12. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I think Parkin went awol, he missed the last 3 turns. Anyone knows anything?

13. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

NZ didn't have another earthquake I hope.

14. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Hi guys, I was on holiday for a week and a half. I had arranged a sub to play my turns, but it looks like he never logged in. As a result my land's pretty much been wrecked by barbs - Workers and Settlers have been killed, masses of improvements have been destroyed, cities have stagnated, and my empire's basically on the verge of collapse. I'm fairly happy to just resign to AI if you guys want to continue. Any thoughts? :)

15. 2metraninja

What about simply continuing to play, while cursing your supposed sub for a while and try to overcome the harm your civ have suffered? You are at top score still, things cant be that bad.

16. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

There's your challenge LP. Recover from adversity!
    Or at least straighten it out enough that a replacement won't quit 2 turns later?

17. 2metraninja

This same thing happened to me in one other game. I was relying on a sub to play mu turns, but then have found he played 1 or 2 in 35. Still I never though of quitting the game. Played on, won like 4-5 wars, and ended the game in the winning alliance with devastating attack on our enemies, which made them surrender. Number 2 out of 12 isnt like being number one, but it was hell of a great game and for me it felt rewarding more than being first in a normal game.

Get up and game on.

18. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

HitAnyKey, are you still around?

As much as I hate to not finish something that I started, I don't think the Pitboss structure agrees with me - I don't log in nearly as often as I should, often due to forgetfulness. I miss turns here and there even though I'm capable of playing them, just because I don't think to play them. Replacing me would likely help turntimes a lot. Situation is not ideal, but by no means hopeless.

EDIT: Nevermind. Unless you guys feel that I am slowing down the game unnecessarily, in which case, I'm happy to hand it over.

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Is somebody playing the Inca now?

20. 2metraninja

I guess yes, as it is being played regularly.