Mugabe Called Condoleezza Rice A Slave

:lol:

Harare - President Robert Mugabe on Friday sharply criticised US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, saying she was a "slave" to white masters in Washington who had branded Zimbabwe an outpost of tyranny.
Launching the election campaign of his ruling party, Mugabe referred to Rice as "that girl born out of the slave ancestry, who should know from the history of slavery in America, from the president situation of blacks in America that the white man is not a friend".
"The white man is the slave master to her," said Mugabe in a two-hour speech launching the campaign of his Zimbabwe African National Union - Patriotic Front (Zanu-PF) party for the March 31 parliamentary elections.

'Her master's voice'
"She says Zimbabwe is one of the five or six outposts of tyranny. Ah well, she has got to echo her master's voice," he declared.
At a US Senate confirmation hearing in Washington last month, Rice, an African-American and one of the most influential members of President George W Bush's administration, branded Zimbabwe along with Belarus, Cuba, Iran, Myanmar and North Korea as "outposts of tyranny".
If Zimbabwe were indeed a tyranny, Mugabe argued, "the first person to lose his head would be Ian Smith", who led the white-minority government in Rhodesia, as Zimbabwe was called before independence in 1980.
"We have kept him and protected that head. He eats our food, lives in our home comfortably and is protected by our rules of law and order," said Mugabe.

Smith, who was prime minister from 1965 to 1979, lives on a farm outside Harare and has remained an outspoken critic of Mugabe.
"He enjoys the comfort of Zimbabwe, can travel... He writes books freely, against us even, and using that head, which, if we had been a tyrannical government, we would have long taken off," he added.
"How many countries would have done what we did?" Mugabe asked, adding that Smith enjoys "charity, generosity, kindness and forgiveness in our house".

Linky

Mugabe's a freaking idiot.

Mugabe would know about slavery. His people aren't much better off than if they were enslaved.

Amenhotep7 said:
Mugabe's a freaking idiot.

Now hold on there.... Mugabe was just expressing his opinion on the matter at hand. He was also addressing how the "White" man has been fighting an economic war against the African continent for years. :)

:lol: Good link.

As much as I hate Mrs. Rice, I think Mugabe really doesn't know what he's talking about, just as all the people who bring up the "slavery" argument which has been settled for a while.

HamaticBabylon said:
Now hold on there.... Mugabe was just expressing his opinion on the matter at hand. He was also addressing how the "White" man has been fighting an economic war against the African continent for years. :)
Mugabe's people are slaves. Not to mention that he seems to not be able to stand that a woman can criticize him. Ugh.

Mugabe is Africa's Stalin.

He is in power for what? 20 years now?

By Mugabe's logic, the fact that he himself is still alive and in power is proof that the white man (or at least, Rice's masters) are not in fact his enemy.

HamaticBabylon said:

Sod off with the smilie.

luiz said:
Mugabe is Africa's Stalin.

He is in power for what? 20 years now?

more like Africa's Hitler with that little moustache... and his racist views.

A pity he didn't said that to her face. We could be having the state funeral by now.

Wow. The only reasons I can think of why Mugabe would say stuff like that are because the people of Zimbabwe are ignorant enough to believe it, or he wants attention.

???

That's so off-the-wall...

...Even more so than my signature!

Mugabe is an evil man that is destroying his country. I'm a big fan of Rice and hope she runs in '08. What would he have to say if she won? Probably the same thing, because he's an idiot.

I'd love to see Condi Rice as our President. Not only for her qualifications, but for the sheer irony of it.

After all the slugging we've had in the U.S. over womens' and minority rights, seeing the Republicans put the first black woman in the White House would be just priceless. :)

i dont think rice is a slave, more like a moron, but the day a black woman (or even a man) gets elected president in america is the day pigs start to fly- outta my ass!

not in our lifetime

BasketCase said:
I'd love to see Condi Rice as our President. Not only for her qualifications, but for the sheer irony of it.

After all the slugging we've had in the U.S. over womens' and minority rights, seeing the Republicans put the first black woman in the White House would be just priceless. :)

The sheer irony... and the look on Mugabe's face. :lol:

You can say what you want about Rice's relationship with Bush and her ideas about policy and diplomacy, but you can't say she's not intelligent. That's like saying Hitler didn't have charisma just because you don't like him.

Top Bottom