Muliplayer in c2c - welcome

ok game will resume today at 15:30 GMT (me and hale agreed)
check your timezone! (now is 13:55 GMT)

anybody can join and takeover some AI player. game is still stone age.

server is on, majaczek is tibetian, hale is mongolian, rest may join as any of rest 23 civs.
it is about 30 minutes to start.

we have 7900 BC and will continue tommorow evening.
currently having 2 human players and 23 AI players, and ai plays good :p
who would join tommorow evening? (instead of AI?)

developing leaders bug :(
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B86cxlMj84asaEtZdmNVWUFVems/edit?usp=sharing

edit: it assigned a trait after turn then OOS :p

Could be something about the trait itself I suppose. But since you can successfully pick a trait and stay in synch at all it can't be a problem with the selection mechanism itself. OOS errors are classically tough to identify as the actual problem may have taken place rounds before. Without the logs its difficult to say. Without the skill to evaluate the logs its even more difficult (my attempts usually target something far off in left field entirely!)

BTW: My wife and I attempted a connected IP game last night and I can vouch now that yes, there seems to be some kind of odd magic in removing the cache file that allows the game to go much farther without an OOS. Very interesting that... And yes, when it goes out of synch, the RoM Message error comes up and repeats immediately. It's not about not running as an administrator... as I recall it had something to do with an error in where a log was to be written at that point. I didn't attempt to collect any logs as it was a really just an attempt to enjoy this method of play since I'd been hearing it was a bit more stable than we recalled it being now. And it was... if you deleted the cache before any load effort.

Hale, which hour we start today?
Thunderbrd, only appdata cache or mod cache too?

I was clearing the mod cache but that may have been coincidental as it didn't seem to help much last night.

okay thanks, I'm present now :)

game is going to continue at 20:45 GMT. any joiners welcome

Top Bottom