Muliplayer in c2c - welcome

v30 is out and I read all this topic so forget my question.

I will try direct ip with my friend tomorrow to see if its playable.

Really? Wow... must be some of the OOS issues have been cleared up without my knowledge - perhaps AIAndy's been getting sneaky on me (I'm not watching the SVN changelog too closely so if it isn't mentioned on the forum I don't know about it...) hm...

Sounds like my wife and I may need to try to start up an IP MP game here at home to see how well it goes and catch the next OOS issue to report.

340+ turn without oos problems, my friend had some CTD but it's manageable.

We had an oos at start but we didn't cleared the cache and after that everything went smooth.
I had previously another mp game in v29 which was fine for 400+ turn until oos(it was our longest oos-free streak) but since then it's the first time that we can play 100+turn without oos.

thank you Thunderbrd and all the other modder!

(still available for mp game :p )

I began another mp game with 2 friends, first oos at 250turn or so. I don't know which event or what we did to generate it. But this time reload the save with a clean cache solved the problem for the next 100+ turn or so, so the game is playable and much more stable than before in direct ip mp.

We tested the developping trait rule, It's a great addition to the mod, and we didn't experienced the oos problem.

thank you Thunderbrd and all the other modder!
Meh... I only mopped up my own bug is all. VERY glad to hear its working perfectly as it should on that account though! :D

At this point I'd have to suspect AIAndy and Koshling have done some unsung work on repairing some OOS issues that used to exist. (Thanks guys!)

I wonder after that 250 plus another 100 turn point how many OOS issues begin to emerge from there...

Anyhow, if you find ANY, don't assume they are an accident or a fluke. They are a bug that needs to be hunted for and caught still. PLEASE post the logs in and as instructed by the Multi-Player bug thread so they may be found and eliminated for the benefit of all MP players to come!

sorry for beeing absent yesterday, so we start today or tommorrow?
and since there is v30 out I propose to use it. if nothing changed to bug options menu, use my posted options (inis) and I will set start settings once all join.

do you suggest playing directIP or vLAN (ie. gameranger)? also what is different between PitBoss and normal DirectIP?

ok then, but please gather more players :)
do you downloaded my usersettings and replaced yours? (if not we may have OOS)
I'll post IP via PM

I have not renamed folder this time (there are problem with renaming folders and BUG) so modfolder name is "Caveman2Cosmos"

ok options choosen and tested (sadly we have to play without simultaneus turns)
game starts at 15:30 GMT, anybody can join.
we play GEM no preset with culturally linked starts so please choose some asian civ (or you would be too far away)

EDIT: we play focused traits, developing leaders (no other trait options), most of other options are default.
you may join the lobby anytime between now (13:54 GMT) and 15:30 GMT when game would start. be sure to ask for my IP via PM or skype.

So, majaczek and I have started this game, but we're continuing to have many OOS

first, I have to say that I'm playing on SNV rev5381 while majaczek is using v30:does this cause any problem?

I can post a screen of what is the problem and the logs found in .../Caveman2Cosmos/Autolog

Attachments

• OOS.jpg
    OOS.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Hale.txt
    35.9 KB · Views: 130
I noticed you're getting a lot of message errors which suggests one of you may be running the program without admin privileges. That could be causing some of those OOS errors as well. Not to understate the likelihood of real and legitimate ones though... just make sure to post your logs as instructed in the MP bug thread so they can be resolved.

Oh, and
first, I have to say that I'm playing on SNV rev5381 while majaczek is using v30:does this cause any problem?
Certainly could yes. Any time the file set is AT ALL differing you're going to potentially generate a host of avoidable OOS errors. The slightest bit of differing in the processing routines is enough to cause one.

I noticed you're getting a lot of message errors which suggests one of you may be running the program without admin privileges. That could be causing some of those OOS errors as well. Not to understate the likelihood of real and legitimate ones though... just make sure to post your logs as instructed in the MP bug thread so they can be resolved.

Oh, and Certainly could yes. Any time the file set is AT ALL differing you're going to potentially generate a host of avoidable OOS errors. The slightest bit of differing in the processing routines is enough to cause one.

SO assures us though that SVN5381 is what got uploaded as V30, so they should be identical.

Then that shouldn't be the issue. Besides... I was wondering why you wouldn't be getting a notice indicating that the file sets were different when you started the game if they weren't the same file sets exactly anyhow.

hmm perhaps we should include AI in logging? (is there any chance that some civ we have in game is buggy?).
also administartor - I have win7 and game installed outside program files, use administrator account, UAC is on (never have these problems on single nor hotseat), but perhaps problem is at hale side.
notice that always the bug happens when game tries to process romeventhandler. also there is 25 civ in game (maybe some bug occuring with many civs). I would like to make hale download official v30 to make sure that it isn't file version issue :p

should we upload saves? our usersettings (US is uploaded anyway), what else would help troubleshoot? anyway it's way better than PBEM even with OOS every 3 turns :p (in latest hour of game it were every 3 turns, before it was much lesss frequent). I smell some regression in mod dll code :F.

anyway we suppose to continue the game today, and we have "AI takeover" on so if somebody wish to join - welcome!

Top Bottom