[MULT] Pitboss Worldbuilding Challenge

I told you I did not need it, and that I would get it myself, remember?

You said you'd "work it out", and I told you I could happily get it for you. You never responded after that, so I got it then to shorten the time if would've taken to set up when you returned. Man.

You have to explain WHERE YOU SPAWNED so I can place you there. Please tell me. Please.

Is it alright if I just PM you a picture of my starting location?

Don't mind if others see. I like this spot.

Also, strategy discussion: This was a tough decision for Settler plant. Should I have moved one right to the hill? Or alternatively the coast on top of Cotton? It seems like it's between those two and the spot I settled.

I would have gone for the cotton on the coast. Because coast is great, free cotton once you get Calendar, and you can still start research and production on turn 1.

I probably would have gone down one to settle on the costal forest river, but I sometimes have an irrational aversion to settling on luxury resources. I'm not really ever sure if it's a good idea to or not. Devutaren could be right with the cotton, simply because it probably gives you more desert because as the Mayans, you should be able to get desert folklore as your pantheon.

Still, if you settle on the forest, the first two tiles you work are going to be a wheat grassland river hex and a cotton grassland river hex. That's not bad. If you don't mind missing out on the coast though (probably not a great idea to not go on the coast when you're so close to it, if only for the ability to get cargo ships), one hex to the right gives you a river hill with a wheat tile as your first workable hex.

No Coastal resources nearby, and more desert north and east from what I saw. Not likely to go naval tech path for a while as Maya.

Disadvantages of cotton spot: No T1 Wheat. 2/5 my three ring are plain coast.
Advantages: Free Cotton with Calendar. Sea trade routes and Lighthouse. Probably get Sheep first expansion.

Disadvantages of forest spot: Can't settle until T2. 3/5 my three ring are plain coast. Possible early production issues.
Advantages: Sea trade routes. Immediate Wheat, next pop Cotton.

Disadvantages of hill spot: Can't settle until T2. To the right of the hill is just plain Desert. No Sea Trade routes.
Advantages: Hill defense and production bonus. T2 Wheat. Probably get Cotton first expansion.

Disadvantages of center spot: No Sea Trade routes.
Advantages: Immediate Wheat, next pop Cotton. Probably get Sheep first expansion.

No Coastal resources nearby, and more desert north and east from what I saw. Not likely to go naval tech path for a while as Maya.

Disadvantages of cotton spot: No T1 Wheat. 2/5 my three ring are plain coast.
Advantages: Free Cotton with Calendar. Sea trade routes and Lighthouse. Probably get Sheep first expansion.

Disadvantages of forest spot: Can't settle until T2. 3/5 my three ring are plain coast. Possible early production issues.
Advantages: Sea trade routes. Immediate Wheat, next pop Cotton.

Disadvantages of hill spot: Can't settle until T2. To the right of the hill is just plain Desert. No Sea Trade routes.
Advantages: Hill defense and production bonus. T2 Wheat. Probably get Cotton first expansion.

Disadvantages of center spot: No Sea Trade routes.
Advantages: Immediate Wheat, next pop Cotton. Probably get Sheep first expansion.

Your particular spawn is kinda underpowered, so I added some spices for you. Placing your settler/warrior now.

With most civs that spot would be underpowered, but with the Mayans you should get desert folklore pretty early, and flood plains with a few desert hills aren't too bad. It's not amazing, but it's not the worst I've ever had. I suppose it is completely reliant on DF though. Good thing nobody is playing as Ethiopia. Also, sorry Arabia, but you aren't going to beat Kobold for this pantheon.

Redwings, most people are starting out with 2-3 lux resources and a strategic/bonus or two. Maybe overdone, but it seems fair given what I've seen on other PerfectWorld3 maps.
I still need the start positions of Conk, Js, and Sh3b. Please tell me. Please.

With most civs that spot would be underpowered, but with the Mayans you should get desert folklore pretty early, and flood plains with a few desert hills aren't too bad. It's not amazing, but it's not the worst I've ever had. I suppose it is completely reliant on DF though. Good thing nobody is playing as Ethiopia. Also, sorry Arabia, but you aren't going to beat Kobold for this pantheon.

It's also possible someone could get a faith NW or get Faith from a ruin before I could found a pantheon.

heavily forested with deer. dont remember the luxury,either cotton or truffles(probably cotton).i was on the coast near a river and north of me was a huge mountain range. thats it i think. it was also a bit hilly.

Which direction was the coast? What terrain where you on (tundra, grassland, plains?) Do you have any more information?

Top Bottom