Multi-tile Natural Wonders

yeah, these ones both look nicer and do cooler things than in CivV.

though, are we certain that the Cliffs of Dover take up 2 hexes? They are cliffs after all, and therefore an edge of hex feature (vs use of hex).

Yes, the Cliffs have been confirmed as a two-tile wonder. See this screenshot.

I'll agree, however, that there are other cliffs just as compelling as those, or moreso. I suspect that the popularity of the (great) old song may have something to do with why they were chosen.

I can't wait to see Grand Canyon. I never expected it to be the most beautiful landmark I'd ever seen, but wow. I trust Civ VI to handle natural wonders better than CiV

I can't wait to see Grand Canyon. I never expected it to be the most beautiful landmark I'd ever seen, but wow.

Yeah, seeing that thing in person is just... mind-boggling.

I was very happy then I saw Mt Fuji from a airplane window after failing to see it from Tokyo sky tree this summer. That is a big and very nice lookin mountain.

My oddest complaint/fear about the multi-tile wonders: map scale. Civ map scale is already wonky, but making them so... huge really messes with things like a Earth map. How is the Piopiotahi going to fit on the world map!?

I didn't watch the "Let's Play Germany" livestream, but in reading posts about it, someone said Mount Everest was confirmed as a natural wonder. Does anyone have a screenshot, preferably with a tooltip?

I didn't watch the "Let's Play Germany" livestream, but in reading posts about it, someone said Mount Everest was confirmed as a natural wonder. Does anyone have a screenshot, preferably with a tooltip?

I don't have a screenshot. Ed said it gives bonus to the movement of religious units. In the tooltip I could see a faith symbol, so it will give faith in one or the other way. I couldn't read the text, it was displayed very shortly.

Ed also said that this is the last natural wonder to be revealed. All others have been seen already at some point.

I don't have a screenshot. Ed said it gives bonus to the movement of religious units. In the tooltip I could see a faith symbol, so it will give faith in one or the other way. I couldn't read the text, it was displayed very shortly.

Ed also said that this is the last natural wonder to be revealed. All others have been seen already at some point.

Is it true that the Dead Sea was also revealed at some point, with an ability that heals wounded units? I remember reading that somewhere but cannot find it now.

Also, if so it seems that Mt. Everest and Dead Sea are the only natural wonders with abilities beyond increasing yields of tiles.

<snip>

So that means no Grand Canyon?? :cry:

I kept trying to get a SS of Everest, but missed it.

Bonuses include, but may not be limited to: Bonus movement through hills for religious units and +1 Faith for adjacent tiles.

I heard 12 in total, are we there yet? Edit: According to well of souls we're at 10.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but does any one knows if the natural wonder provides any yields at all on the tiles that they are on? Like if a wonder is within your city range can you assign a citizen on it and if so would there be any yields at all? I have this question for man made wonders too, so far, none of the description seems to talk about what yield it would provide for the tile that it was built on. (I hope building a wonder doesnt remove all yields from the tile...)

wonders can't be worked. at least build wonders. some natural wonders give bonus yields to adjacent tiles. some can be worked (the Pantanal IIRC).

I'm okay with natural wonders being multi-hex. They provide natural barriers as an alternative to mountain chains and lakes and provide adjacency bonuses, which seems to be one of the main flavors of the new game.

Great Rarrier Beef. Sounds delicious nom nom :D

:confused: Kilimanjaro and Mt. Fuji are both volcanoes, and Old Faithful is a volcanic phenomenon if not an actual volcano.

Active volcanoes I mean. For example, having mt Vesuvius have very high yields near it, but have the chance of it going active.

Then again, if your city is hit maybe you could get uber archology sites on the late game.

I made a screenshot of the mouseover of Mt Everest:
Spoiler :
^^ In case you missed it, someone posted a capture of the Mount Everest tooltip in another thread. Three tiles &#8212; very nice!

Arioch has this image of the wonder at his site:

(I've updated the list in my OP to include Mount Everest.)

Top Bottom