Multiplayer hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And finally - I would really enjoy being in the same game as you, please tell us what time/server you will be on. I will play a respectful-fun filled game with you.:)

Me too!!!

From what i have seen there is some potential i agree. I never said that it was impossible and i thank you to bring some picture really appreciated. :goodjob:

But you played sub optimally and this is why i'm asking you some question:

Knowing that your science is relatively low at that point(from my own experience), have an ''ordinary'' armada of ships and somewhat low gpt and that you hadn't developed your city(and built more earlier) soon enough, does this strategy needs to ''cut'' in other things to make it work?

How can you bully cs if some players have a bigger army than you?(which can happen often if you simply build some infra in the beginning)? There is some civs that can get pretty high demographic soldiers score with some early UUs.

Can you repeat this strategy against competent players and at level of cs and barbs difficulty like emperor?

Kudos to you to be the first one bringing that strategy with some ''proofs''. The problem is even with all this gold you didn't reach a ''comfortable'' checkpoint from my point of view. Maybe you just got lazy after all and knew that you were sure to win no matter what would happen...especially against all these noobs :p

1400g in 45 turns? If that was true, we seriously need a patch!

Good thing is I will protect CS that I met, so bully is hard to work if CS is under protection.

Good thing is I will protect CS that I met, so bully is hard to work if CS is under protection.

I have played against el emperador once. He was Aztecs and indeed did pull out to a pretty big early lead due to a few massive inland lakes near his first three cities and early cs bullying. However, the bullying army and rep hit allowed me to ally several cs and take out some of my neighbors.

I went random and forget what civ I was since it was a while ago, but it was a pub game so most of the other players died or dropped. In the end, el emperador still had a population lead on me though my tech was higher and I was near spaceship launch when he lost connectivity. We chatted afterwards and I agree with him that Aztecs lakes and jaguars make for a potent early advantage. But the bullying costs quite a bit in infrastructure which allowed my four city start to stay ahead in tech and wonderbuilding.

All in all pretty much most paths have trade offs including this one. I am playing a gmr game right now where I have been bullying like crazy with Spain and don't have any quests so we shall see how that turns out (islandias g and k new civs only for those of you in the game in case you are wondering. Though that one is skewed because I settled near an early wonder too.

your science was lower, you were songhai, and you said you had like 5-10 great scientists to spare.. i had a 5-10% lead in science on you, and i think we were almost tied in science output, so your scientists would have tied us up in tech and tech output..

I still have the save if you want to continue. Hubble in 2 turns from the point you dropped (I save interesting games in case I ever go back in the future to play them).

Better yet though, play an NQ game with some of the people posting in this thread - I'm happy to join as well and try your strat in the game. Then you will get a good read on how it works on Emperor difficulty against good players.

Wow!!!! Active thread!!!

A few questions:

1) after bullying the city states how did you manage to ally with them in 20 turns with no quests for the first bit? You bought 5 if I remember correctly so the diplomatic marriage would cost you all your surplus of gold.
2)Your happiness was +4 before you bought the city states and +1 after so where did the happy come from? A city state with 6 pop with a lux you don't already have will be -6 happy.

Better yet though, play an NQ game with some of the people posting in this thread - I'm happy to join as well and try your strat in the game. Then you will get a good read on how it works on Emperor difficulty against good players.

Come into NQ chat this weekand if you have free time. I would enjoy a game and I owe Islandia a beating anyways so 2 birds so to speak:lol::lol:

CS was never meant to be in MP, it's well balanced in SP where AIs will get mad. Now I understand why many players remove CS in match.

CS was never meant to be in MP, it's well balanced in SP where AIs will get mad. Now I understand why many players remove CS in match.

Same happens in mp. We fight over city states all the time whether its who is ally or not wanting one conquered. Almost every game a city state has something to do with a war starting.

I think city states are a huge part of mp. I would never agree to play without them.(teamer exception) Not to mention when playing random civs it's unfair if someone gets greece or siam or austria.

If you take a look at my first picture I got 4 luxuries. I always move, by moving you always reach a 3rd lux. you might lose on 1 or 2 turns in the beginning, but will aid in the long run, i actually got lucky with 4 this time..

most players tend to settle on the location they spawn, without realizing that moving your settler is allowed !! you dont have to stay where you are, remember trying new things is always good :)

I move my settler 90% of the time:)

Of course!...heh, good to know.

if you build an army of chu ko nues(or how ever they are spelt) rather than building a university, you are cutting down on science but improving your military..

im thinking the +15 or +25 health or whatever for pillaging will be overpowering.. well good thing i dont really improve my land heh..

Still, with many cities, you have time to reach CKNs and universities before turn 100. After universities you should get at least over 150 bpt(around turn 95-100 if you more or less beeline edu). And i was talking about a navy game like your example where you absolutely need to beeline Edu.

I don't think that this pillage thing will be OP. Melee units can afford this but not sure about ranged units.

I think city states are a huge part of mp. I would never agree to play without them.(teamer exception) Not to mention when playing random civs it's unfair if someone gets greece or siam or austria.

Yes! But not under these conditions! We need a patch...for 2 things :

1-limit one time bullying from cs for 150 gold each max(which can give only an average of 500-600 gold at best over 50 turns) and make more difficult to achieve(i.e. bring a lot more units than a single trireme or scout)

2-DoW and peace every turns...why this has been changed form vanilla? That was perfect before...once you DoW a cs twice it can be more painful to ally others(and the impossibility to bully them).

---------------------------------------------

But we can all agree that this guy showed us what i should call a loophole and the Devs should be awared from this before releasing the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom