Multiple Scenarios

T_F

Reynardine the Great
(Love what you guys are doing. Wish I could program or draw for you, but I am not skilled in programming or drawing.)

If you're going to make an Arda mod, you should probably have it contain multiple scenarios. That way, you can capture everything about a particular era and not have it interfere with your ability to capture everything about other particular eras. For example, you could have a First Age (War of the Jewels) scenario and a War of the Ring scenario together in the same mod.

Suggestions for scenarios (ones you might want to consider):

-Pre-First Age: The Great March (might be tough to pull off)
-First Age: War of the Jewels
-Second Age: Númenórë
-Second Age: The Last Alliance
-Third Age: Arnor and Angmar (I don't think the war has a specific name)
-Third Age: War of the Ring

(Those are just suggestions)

thank you. i wil dfeinantl consider this. can you write relavtily well? we'll need someone for civilopedias, if you want to help.

Sure, I'd love to.

Well, my idea was always do some scenarios when the mod is done, but it's being hard to do... But we certainly will make at least some scenarios after so. Ideas are easy to have, but hard to accomplish...

It would be interesteing if you could put the scenarios together. If you had say the first age as it's own, then the second, etc., but you start a whole new game once finished with the first one. An option perhaps would appear when you have won somekind of victory to advance to the next scenario. And have the option to continue even if you want to play one...more...turn...
It would feel like the ages are turning in the game. Also hopefully have the tech stopped, so no tanks or musketmen etc. (not sure if that has been answered or not yet).

It'd be nice to have separate scenarios as well, so if you feel like playing the War of the Ring, you don't have to play through the War of the Jewels to get there.

Makes sense.

Thought of another scenario for you to consider.

The invasion of Orcs in the Shire. You, know, the one when golf was invented (Sorry, can't remember the exact title of the event right now. It was Brandobas Took though you led the "ARMY" of Hobbits (Halflings) I believe). It would allow us to play Hobbits as a Civ even if not in a regular game.

Also the Battle Of Five Armies, with permanent War and Allies.

You could even do specific parts of the War of the ring. Such as, Lorien and Thraduil agianst Dol Guldur. The Dwarves of Erebor and Men of dale against the orcs and men of the south. Minas tirith and rohan against sauron. There was even a mention of an attach against rivendell itself.

(I remember the mention of that hobbit battle - that was funny! Forgot what it was called though.)

That'd be a cool idea. Kind of how RtW has instead of just a WWII scenario, they have WWII Europe and WWII in the Pacific. I think it might work with a bit of effort.

Top Bottom