Multiple wonder constructions only award 1 culture victory.

baldfalk

Warlord
We had 5 wonders, the current culture victory condition was 7.

Another country was being attacked and the winner would have gotten 7 wonders, so we waited to be sure that the defenders were about to lose, then finished building 4 wonders simultaneously to grab a few wins. Unfortunately, the game only considered this 1 culture win instead of 3 (for 7, 8, 9 wonders). This is game Nobunaga (#3381)

In hindsight to circumvent the bug as it is, you should build the wonders one by one. Unfortunately knowing that -now- won't bring our great people back. Oh well, beta game is beta<3

Patience.
You should have only finished 2 wonders and waited for a cultural era win (7 wonders) confirmation.
Not only you have missed 2 cultural era wins, but you've also unnecessary increased the required amount of wonders (10) for the next cultural win.

See, that's pretty obvious in hindsight. Obviously if we knew that a concurrency/victory condition issue that would only award one victory instead of 3, I would have built them one after another. It doesn't make this any less of a bug/issue though, hence this thread. I'm not begging for my GP's back. I'm reporting a bug.

Not only you have missed 2 cultural era wins, but you've also unnecessary increased the required amount of wonders (10) for the next cultural win.

The two parts of your statement are one and the same. The fact that the next era win is 10 is because of the two missing era wins. I thought that was clear enough in the opening post. :(

This is the only type of victory which would suffer this issue, I believe, unless you count researching techs out of order and locking out future potential tech victories. You can't win two battles at the exact same moment (...well, unless all the stars in the Milky Way line up or something) and I don't believe it's mathematically possible to jump past economic victory thresholds.

edit: Someone elsewhere noted that this may be by design to prevent win-spammage when two civs have 8 wonders each and one conquers another. I crossposted this thread on the 2K forums, so hopefully there's an official word that it indeed -is- a design decision or not, so that the wiki can be updated with forewarning about this.

Top Bottom