Multiverse

i have no clue what the problem is i face i can load the mod but the moment i'm ready picking preferences for the generator and hit start thing gives an program not responding windows thingy and boom bye bye

That is definitely not good!

Just to be sure, you are using the new mod?

did you delete the old mod completely and replace with the new mod?

Sounds like you are starting a new game, which is good. Have you tried a different script? Smaller World size?

I know some players had issue with it creating two folders, one inside another of double Multiverse for some odd reason?

If you discover anything, let me know!

Well i haven't removed the old mod as it doesn't contain the same name but i will try that i do have a big mod for Space mod that did add some files to my civ folder but multiverse is the only mod showing hiccups RoM does work fine and i had several other mods i tested afterwards well i will see what i can do with this new info i will keep you in the loop

Oh and i didn't used the first page but the link you added on post 53

well i will give it a look at what might and what might not be the problem

Playing now but trough play now it works :hmm: Weird but not me to question something when it works even in a way i dislike

Does remind me of a mod having that problem but i forgotten what mod

Well i will now get my writing surface and start taking notes

hi, after installed I'm trying to play. After setting the game (giant, 11 players, marathon) the game crushes. this is the problem:

Firma problema:
Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
Nome applicazione: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Versione applicazione: 3.1.9.0
Timestamp applicazione: 4a0c27e6
Nome modulo con errori: MSVCP71.dll
Versione modulo con errori: 7.10.3077.0
Timestamp modulo con errori: 3e77eebb
Codice eccezione: c0000005
Offset eccezione: 000078aa
Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 8485
Ulteriori informazioni 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Ulteriori informazioni 3: a4ea
Ulteriori informazioni 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

have you some idea to help me?
thanks

I would try something small first. Like a Normal size world with perhaps 4-8 civs. Gigantic worlds take huge amounts of ram, video ram, and cpu power.

That would be my first suggestion.

Perhaps even to completely erase size from the equation, just create a game that is small with 1 other opponent and see if it crashes.

Let me know!

ok i'll try but...you've tested the game? i've 6gb of ram, a ati radeon 5800 as video and a i7 920 cpu. in my opinion it's enough for a civ 4 game...or not?

continents and island - size standard - marathon - > crash
multiverse - size small - normal - > crash

continents and island - size standard - marathon - > crash
multiverse - size small - normal - > crash

Actually that is good news that it is not based on the size of the map or the number of opponents. Since I have never seen this error before I would think that perhaps its something unique to your system -- which of course does not help you.

You can play other BTS mods ok? Have you been able to run other large mods? You may want to post the information above in a forum that helps people with technical issues.

I am not a software engineer and I just write the mod on my spare time, so if it gets too technical I have no idea why your computer does not run the mod.

I can say that hundreds of players do run the game without issue, so I know in a perfect world it does work.

Let me know if you figure anything out?

What was the way to create a Crashlog? (i know noob question i should have paid attention to those explainations :sad::mischief:)

Hello,

I enjoyed the mod and finished my first game last night. Here is a list of things that I couldn't figure out. Maybe they are bugs, or I simply got lost in possibilities (*), so I simply pose them as questions:

1) How do you connect Herbs or Ancient Ruins? There is simply no "Plantation" build option. I know that you have to research several techs to connect Herbs, but even the Civilopedia doesn't mention what Improvement you have to build.

2) Sea lanes and Naval bases in the modern era: can you still build them once Caravels and Frigates become obsolete? IMHO you should be able to. If my people can plant a buoy during the Middle Ages, they should be able to do so in the future era as well.

3) Why are "Great Temples" (unique religious buildings like Temple of Solomon etc.) considered as wonders? I had the problem that I couldn't build one with a Great Prophet, because the religion spawned in a city with three wonders in it. Can't you make them count as "World Projects"? This should prevent that.

4) How are cooperations founded? Some seem to spawn just as religions do, yet the Civilopedia says you have to use a Great Person to found the Headquarters. Do Headquarters count as World Wonders (see 3)? Do Headquarters generate money, as they do in BTS?

5) Can you upgrade Peasants to Civil Engineers? I would like that (and it would be Civ 2 syle if you could...)

6) I noticed that I could still build "Neanderthals" in the Future era. I find it odd that my cities are covered by energy domes, but guarded by furry men with clubs :crazyeye:.

As said, it might well be that I simply didn't find the answers ingame. And thumbs up for your work :goodjob:

* I guess the mod is named Multiverse for a reason :)

Hello,

I enjoyed the mod and finished my first game last night. Here is a list of things that I couldn't figure out. Maybe they are bugs, or I simply got lost in possibilities (*), so I simply pose them as questions:

1) How do you connect Herbs or Ancient Ruins? There is simply no "Plantation" build option. I know that you have to research several techs to connect Herbs, but even the Civilopedia doesn't mention what Improvement you have to build.

2) Sea lanes and Naval bases in the modern era: can you still build them once Caravels and Frigates become obsolete? IMHO you should be able to. If my people can plant a buoy during the Middle Ages, they should be able to do so in the future era as well.

3) Why are "Great Temples" (unique religious buildings like Temple of Solomon etc.) considered as wonders? I had the problem that I couldn't build one with a Great Prophet, because the religion spawned in a city with three wonders in it. Can't you make them count as "World Projects"? This should prevent that.

4) How are cooperations founded? Some seem to spawn just as religions do, yet the Civilopedia says you have to use a Great Person to found the Headquarters. Do Headquarters count as World Wonders (see 3)? Do Headquarters generate money, as they do in BTS?

5) Can you upgrade Peasants to Civil Engineers? I would like that (and it would be Civ 2 syle if you could...)

6) I noticed that I could still build "Neanderthals" in the Future era. I find it odd that my cities are covered by energy domes, but guarded by furry men with clubs :crazyeye:.

As said, it might well be that I simply didn't find the answers ingame. And thumbs up for your work :goodjob:

* I guess the mod is named Multiverse for a reason :)

1) There is no advanced harvesting options for Ruins or Herbs as they simply give a bonus for what they are.

2) Yes most definitely build sea-lanes afterwards. I thought the destroyer (not sure though because I am at work and cannot check directly) could make sea-lanes. I am quite sure there is an upgrade path. If not, that must change. I enjoy the fact that you used them. Did you see the AI using them?

3) Probably a mistake on my part. Will need to change that.

4) Most Corporations require a Great Person "and" a specific resource. The headquarters should generate a sizable amount of cash -- though to be honest I have rarely had Corps and Headquarters in the games I tested, so it is new ground for me.

5) Not sure about upgrading to Civil Engineers, but that sounds like a very good idea. I wouldn't think you should be able to do that with slaves of any kind.

6) Hahaha! That is a funny bug. They should probably have some sort of upgrade -- not sure what though? Maybe Apemen or some other genetic variant?

Thanks so much for submitting questions like this. I often get bogged down in trying to help people play the game (because of the unruling nature of Civ IV modding) that it becomes a real bummer after a time messing around with those sorts of things.

I am very pleased you had a good time with the game -- makes it all worth the time and effort.

Thanks again!

Troy

Hello tchristensen,

I attached my save game so that you can verify/test some points. View attachment Bismarck II.CivBeyondSwordSave

1) There is no advanced harvesting options for Ruins or Herbs as they simply give a bonus for what they are.
But it doesn't seem to work. In my game, I control 3 Herbs and have a road on the tile, but when I mouse-over the resource icon, it says I have 0. And I can't build a Medic either, which requires Herbs. I am no modder, but from what I understand of the fundamental game mechanics of Civ IV, you always have to build something on top of a resource to gain access to it. I've never seen a mod where this is not so.

2) Yes most definitely build sea-lanes afterwards. I thought the destroyer (not sure though because I am at work and cannot check directly) could make sea-lanes. I am quite sure there is an upgrade path. If not, that must change. I enjoy the fact that you used them. Did you see the AI using them?
I just checked, and the Destroyer cannot build them. I haven't seen the AI building them. But this could be because I was way ahead in tech. By the time I won the AI was just starting to build Caravels. But since it knows how to build roads, it should recognize Sea lanes...

4) Most Corporations require a Great Person "and" a specific resource. The headquarters should generate a sizable amount of cash -- though to be honest I have rarely had Corps and Headquarters in the games I tested, so it is new ground for me.
In my game, the Illuminati "spawned" in Stuttart. I can spread the Cooperation and get the bonuses, but I cannot build the Star Tower with my Great Engineer. There is no icon in the Orders menu at the bottom either. Maybe it has to do with the fact that there are 3 Wonders in Stuttgart already?

6) Hahaha! That is a funny bug. They should probably have some sort of upgrade -- not sure what though? Maybe Apemen or some other genetic variant?
The "fantasy" and "animal" based units could all need more upgrade "interconnections", IMHO. Without upgrades/obsoleteness(?) they just clutter up the production list in the city management screen late game. While an upgrade from the early fantasy/beast units to their genetically modified counterparts makes sense logically, I think they come too late in the tech tree. On the other hand, an upgrade from a Lizardman to Goblin might make sense game-balance-wise, but I cannot conceive a way (and I don't want to :)) how this could be done in the Middle Ages without genetic engineering. Now that I think of it, there might be foul sorcery at work...
Here is a suggestion:
Flying Carpet -> Flying Saucer, both being in the "fantasy" tech branch. Then you could move the Air Ship back to Physics Tech, so that the "normal" tech branch does have an early air units as well.

Having played as the Germans, I had decided to play a game focused on normal techs and units. I will now start a second run, this time with a bigger focus the fantasy tech. So, I will be busy for a while... :)

Cement factory! Cement factory! Or something else that at least gives me hope of ever being able to build something....

I really like the mod - the flat tech tree makes for a nice dynamic - I concentrated on the Atlantian track and had a blast.

It would be nice to know how much improvement cost. There are costs shown for a few, like roads, but not other improvements. Also some of the costs were different from those advertised. For example the pop-up says Atlantian roads cost 13 but they actually cost 14.

There is still not enough stone - with the latest version. There are too many wonders with that requirement. Whoever gets stone first will get all of those wonders. I played an immense map with 2 stone. Then I generated immense maps 4 more times with 2,3,4 and 4 stone.

I had a strange error - I upgraded a unit that had 20 exp - it went down to 10 exp - it won a battle - I got to choose a promotion!

This mod would be well suited for variable experience - like ROM/AND/C2C. The field promotions would be nice too.

I think the experience caps for fighting barbs should be higher than 20 - if you consider that upgrading lowers a units exp to 10, the cap, especially one that low isn't needed - and the barb units were challenging.

Thanks to the DebugDLL I found these messages:

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvGlobals.cpp
Line:  3283
Expression:  strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0

----------------------------------------------------------

Code:
Assert Failed

Line:  3493
Message:  info type TECH_BALLISTICS_POWER not found, Current XML file is: xml\Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvXMLLoadUtilityGet.cpp
Line:  656
Expression:  false
Message:  Error in GetChildXmlVal function, unable to find a child node

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvArtFileMgr.cpp
Line:  173
Message:  get##name##ArtInfo: DEFAULT_THEME_NAME was not found

Thanks to the DebugDLL I found these messages:

Code:
Assert Failed

Line:  3283

Code:
Assert Failed

Line:  3493
Message:  info type TECH_BALLISTICS_POWER not found, Current XML file is: xml\Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvXMLLoadUtilityGet.cpp
Line:  656
Message:  Error in GetChildXmlVal function, unable to find a child node

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvArtFileMgr.cpp
Line:  173
Message:  get##name##ArtInfo: DEFAULT_THEME_NAME was not found

I bet these errors existed in the core Thomas' War mod. But I will look into seeing if I can clean this up some more.

The game crashes after I get the last one, which was caused by me removing Default Theme name after the reading The_J's post. I remember that the crashing problem could be solved by placing it the default Beyond the Sword folder instead of My Games/Beyond the Sword. Thus, as they would say in Japan as spoken by someone with no knowlege of Japanese grammar:

Watashi wa baka desu.

I'm also getting a crash when I try to start. I can select all my options but when I click on "Start" I get "Beyond The Sword has stopped working..."
I've tried different map sizes and different number of civilizations. I can play Caveman 2 Cosmos, Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn, Fall from Heaven and others okay. I cleared my cache folder but still did not work.

Top Bottom