Music of Civ VI

It certainly is. I love Christopher Tin’s Kia hora te marino from Calling All Dawns. Not a traditional piece, but an original setting of a Maori proverb to orchestral music with a chant. A great example of the language nonetheless.

My favorite from that album

Not related to GS, but did anyone ever found out what the music of the Apadana wonder construction is? I looked for ages but couldn't find anything until now.

The Japanese one (the song after Baba Yetu) in Calling All Dawns sounds like a theme song for an anime. It's fun to listen. Sometimes, I play that song when I play as Hojo Tokimune.
Mado Kara Mieru?

Not related to GS, but did anyone ever found out what the music of the Apadana wonder construction is? I looked for ages but couldn't find anything until now.

I did ask Roland Rizzo (the composer of the Wonder Movie music) about it, and he said it was based on some traditional Persian folk music, but he couldn't find a name for me.

The Japanese one (the song after Baba Yetu) in Calling All Dawns sounds like a theme song for an anime. It's fun to listen. Sometimes, I play that song when I play as Hojo Tokimune.
The bold changes in dynamics in "Mado Kara Mieru" can send a chill up your spine, especially after the really bombastic bridge where it suddenly just cuts away to the lead vocalist's delicate vocals...

Ugh, that Hungarian theme is just *kisses fingers*. Definitely another favorite! :clap:

I think that it's a bit too slow, but I love the last bit which is really catchy and reminds me of dance music somehow.

It seems the Hungarian theme is based on a popular folk song, "Hej, Dunáról fúj a szél". It is usually taught in kindergardens and elementary schools, and shares many similarities with other classic folk songs.

For anyone interested, the lyrics of the most frequent version are as follows (see the translation below):

"Hej, Dunáról fúj a szél,
szegény embert mindig ér,
Dunáról fúj a szél.
Ha Dunáról nem fújna,
ilyen hideg sem volna,
Dunáról fúj a szél.

Hej, Dunáról fúj a szél,
feküdj mellém, majd nem ér,
Dunáról fúj a szél.
Nem fekszem én kend mellé,
úgy sem leszek a kendé,
Dunáról fúj a szél.

Hej, Jancsika, Jancsika,
mért nem nőttél nagyobbra,
Dunáról fúj a szél.
Nőttél volna nagyobbra,
lettél volna katona,
Dunáról fúj a szél."

English translation:

"Hey, the wind blows from the Danube
and it always blows on the poor man
the wind blows from the Danube.
It it wouldn't blow from the Danube
it wouldn't be so cold now

Hey, the wind blows from the Danube,
lie next to me, so it won't reach you
I won't lie next to thee
I won't be yours anyway

Hey, Jancsika, Jancsika (Jancsika is similar to the name "Johnny")
why didn't you grow taller
You should have grown taller,
you could have been a soldier
the wind blows from the Danube."

You can listen to an authentic version here:

I love Christopher Tin’s Kia hora te marino from Calling All Dawns. Not a traditional piece, but an original setting of a Maori proverb to orchestral music with a chant. A great example of the language nonetheless.

I forgot about that album. I liked it too.
Could we see the song for the Māori in Civ 6, since it's Christopher Tin's work?
I'm still guessing it'll be "Pōkarekare Ana", but if the rumours are true then we won't have to wait long to find out.

(BTW, the chant in "Kia Hora te Marino" is also based on a well-known Māori song, called "Hutia te Rito".)

There is one lyrical track I am looking for that is not on the official soundtrack. It played some time while I was playing Persia as well as Poland during the renaissance. I can't place the language but it sounds indo-iranian. I thought maybe Persia, India or Scythia but none of the themes I found on youtube match. There is both a solo vocal section and a chorus to the song. The cadence is kinda fast.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I am not super music literate to describe it much better than that sorry.

I would really like to know what the song is about. I have the expansion and all DLCs.

Is it just me or does the Ancient theme sound... messy? Or is it two versions of the theme using two different instruments playing at the same time?

Also, it's time to ask from which piece did Geoff Knorr base his theme on!

Cool music again. Didn't like the ancient with 2 instruments playing what seemed different melodies, but I like the medieval one a lot better because it sounds cleaner.
The industrial one is my favorite but I was very intrigued by the atomic one too, the beat sounded good with the melody.

Top Bottom