A sample:
The beautiful one went to knead in the early morning
And the rooster cries "Kou Kou Kou Kou" in the dawn
Let's go with the Grace of God, oh workers
Hope your morning will be beautiful, oh master Ateya
Our morning is lovely, God permits it
And our pocket doesn't have one penny
But our mood is peaceful and serene
We are putting all our hope in the hands of God.

I like the tune, but don't see how it fits with Cleopatra's theme at all save the mention of "a beautiful one." It seems to be a song about workers rather than of ancient Egypt's glories...

Also, Japan's theme here. Some interruption from quotes, but the tune is quite strong.

Anyone able to figure which song the Japanese theme is based on? That and China's theme are my favorites so far. Though we haven't heard many.

I wonder if anyone has a link to the full concert that Christopher Tin performed last month. It was this performance that featured Sogno Di Volare the intro score for Civ VI. I've heard a sample of it during one of the gameplays as Japan. But the full piece is hard to find.

I wonder if anyone has a link to the full concert that Christopher Tin performed last month. It was this performance that featured Sogno Di Volare the intro score for Civ VI. I've heard a sample of it during one of the gameplays as Japan. But the full piece is hard to find.

I doubt anyone recorded it, but we will hopefully get some musical themes released as we near release. I remember for Civ V the composers released most of the themes on their official sites before release. Really got me pumped for Civ V. :)

I doubt anyone recorded it, but we will hopefully get some musical themes released as we near release. I remember for Civ V the composers released most of the themes on their official sites before release. Really got me pumped for Civ V. :)

From just the sample, Sogno Di Volare sounds like quite a moving piece and a fitting intro. So yes hopefully soon we'll get access to Tin's performance. Or perhaps a link with a full soundtrack that includes the full concert. Thanks.

America, France, Japan and Spain's (?) themes (and in America/Japan's case, the modern version) are here: https://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames/v/88118874

Modern Japan's theme (starting at around the 7:52 minute mark) is definitely the best I've heard in game thus far. Epic, mysterious and multilayered. Kinda reminds me of the Japanese-themed Kasumi music from Mass Effect 2, which was among the best in that game as well.

At which points in the Firaxis livestream video do you hear the Norwegian theme?

At which points in the Firaxis livestream video do you hear the Norwegian theme?

I believe it was during the beginning when they played as Norway. It was hard to listen to, but it sounded different from the Japanese theme. Could have been Spain's theme as well?

The theme following Japan's (pre-video) was Spain's. I think I did hear some female vocals while they were playing as Norway, but it was tough to hear.

I really wish Geoff Knorr and the other composers could begin discussing the historical underpinnings of each musical theme already--having all of them unloaded right before release would be too much of a feast. I like bite-sizes. :)

Lyrics here.

I like the tune, but don't see how it fits with Cleopatra's theme at all save the mention of "a beautiful one." It seems to be a song about workers rather than of ancient Egypt's glories...
I mean Mo Li Hua isn't exactly fitting for Qin either. I don't think the music has anything to do with the leader choice.

America, France, Japan and Spain's (?) themes (and in America/Japan's case, the modern version) are here: https://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames/v/88118874

Modern Japan's theme (starting at around the 7:52 minute mark) is definitely the best I've heard in game thus far. Epic, mysterious and multilayered. Kinda reminds me of the Japanese-themed Kasumi music from Mass Effect 2, which was among the best in that game as well.

Actually, I think the music after Japan is actually the aztec theme. I remember the melodic leirmotif in one of the early preview videos. But I don't recall which one I heard it from.

I mean Mo Li Hua isn't exactly fitting for Qin either. I don't think the music has anything to do with the leader choice.

I'm not sure if it is relevant to Qin but the song Gao Shan Liu Shui played on guzheng is heard towards the end of today's stream. I'm not sure if it suggests leaders will get multiple theme music or if it's just ambient music from the respective civ in the base game.

I think it does. Le Tourdion and Hard Times No More were both from the time period of the leaders of the respective civs (France, America). I'm sure there are others. Japan's might be from early on as well.

It's true that not all themes come from the time period of the ruler, but then again Harald Hardrada's musical theme doesn't seem to be from any era other than the Viking era.

I think it does. Le Tourdion and Hard Times No More were both from the time period of the leaders of the respective civs (France, America). I'm sure there are others. Japan's might be from early on as well.

It's true that not all themes come from the time period of the ruler, but then again Harald Hardrada's musical theme doesn't seem to be from any era other than the Viking era.

Actually, "Hard Times Come Again No More" antedates TR's presidency by about 60 years. True, it was still popular, but it was published in 1854...If this weren't America, I think we could call that "contemporary," but given the brevity of America's history 60 years earlier was a distinctly different period of American history.

Actually, "Hard Times Come Again No More" antedates TR's presidency by about 60 years. True, it was still popular, but it was published in 1854...If this weren't America, I think we could call that "contemporary," but given the brevity of America's history 60 years earlier was a distinctly different period of American history.

The first audio version was available in 1905, almost square in the middle of Roosevelt's presidency, and yes, it was still popular when Roosevelt was president. I would argue it's contemporaneous with Roosevelt.

Sticking to Mo Li Hua, it was composed waaaay after Qin, so the time period theory doesn't fit it either. Unless Firaxis has mixed up Qin and Qing dynasties (pls no). Doesn't change the fact that it's a very iconic piece though.

Can't tell about other civs, but I'll definitely keep an ear eye on what they have chosen for Russia.

Sticking to Mo Li Hua, it was composed waaaay after Qin, so the time period theory doesn't fit it either. Unless Firaxis has mixed up Qin and Qing dynasties (pls no). Doesn't change the fact that it's a very iconic piece though.

Can't tell about other civs, but I'll definitely keep an ear eye on what they have chosen for Russia.

The theory isn't perfect, but it fits for some civs.

Tried listening to a bunch of Japanese folk songs, but none of them match the Japanese theme. Hopefully, the source melodies are attributed for the Civ6 themes.

Top Bottom