MWNN Beta Release

I have tried three times. The first two times the download brokes at about 200MB, the last one was ok.

Hi Spacer one,

I (hope) found the problem:

In the older version there is a subdirectory called ""Scenarions" with the same size an files as the "Flics" Directory. This Scenario subdir is needless.

Please confirm!

Thanx, Weitseher

At october 2nd I downloaded a rar-File with a MWNN-folder and the compared biq. I don't know what Scenarions-Folder you mean.

The scenario folder from the older version, which is bigger in size (1.2GB instead of .63GB). The differenz is exactly the doubled files of the Flics Foulder.

In the new Version, the Problem is solved.

I redownloaded the file with an dl mannager and there are now a lot of unit files... And no more error messages... If there any problems with the fluyt I can#t say cause I havn't tried it out yet...

the problem witrh the fluyt is true...and there is a bad patch that I will remedy...for now, get the INI that PaGe made, it will work...put it in the Art/Units/Fluyt folder inside the MWNN folder

THis is a great mod. Like others it me 2 downloads to get it right but it was well worth the time. ( the 1st one only download had only the 'Art' files)

A bonus for some of us (a select few) would be the completion of pedia defintitions, mostly in the UNIT/ADVANCES dept.
ITs slighlty annoying for reasons that Some have definitions but most don't so Im allways pressin the 'discript button' cuz I never know but it usually comes out blank page.

You can try Balancer for some great articles on unique units. Oh an The NEW civ story details are awesome btw

Again not tryin to be a drag or unappreciative, just sayin that going with a complete 'pedia book' adds a store bought feel. When you have supported the expanded content, 'Xpak feel' is kinda what Im invisioning for this mod at non beta release.

As advertised, this is the Beta version...I fully intend to fill in the pedia on each unit...as well as several missing entries in other places...

The problem is, often I am adding "fictional" units and it is difficult to create entries for them, at the same time adding a dozen units or so at a time...thats why alot of them say things like "This unit replaces X for the X civilization"...so that you have a basic idea what it is...

the Modern units are sorely lacking in pedia info, due to the fact that they are still in testing, and their stats and abilities are not finalized...

The Civilization pedia entries are in part due to Civ Army's fantastic LH downloads, and where the info wasnt part of the LH, I did research...

Lastly...thank you for comparing my MOD to Xpak...that MOD is incredible, and I hope to release a Final version that is on par with that level of completion...

I am in need of a comprehensive playtester or three...

I playtest the way I play, and therefor only see the errors that I come across...I need someone to help me list the things that need to be worked on.

for example, the pedia entries for several civs, and MANY units are incomplete...someone who could list the pedia entries would be a life saver...as well as checking to see that units upgrade paths, shield costs, INI files, etc are all working, and properly set up...

This is a 4 Era Mod, that follows the same track as the original game, only with additions...but there isnt really much to "get familiar" with...

Hey Spacer, I am quite interesting in testing out your mod. Do I just D/L the one in the sig? Is that the freshest one?

What on earth does MWNN stand for? Sorry, I've sorta been ignoring this till today and I just skimmed the entire thread and didn't see it anywhere. Just curious. :D

pretty lame huh? :dunno: :splat:

Absolutely.

Wait... is this like when your mom/sister/girlfriend walks in and says "isn't this haircut awful" and you know from expeirience that "I'm 100% with you" is not the right answer?

Lemme try again:

At least it's better than INEMONH.:D
(although I still like to pronounce that)

Looks good. I love many different techs and advanced units.
I think it would be good, if you create a biq that starts in the middle or even industrial ages. Else the game will be over before reaching the new techs.

I hadnt thought of that...

Would people be interested in BIQs that start at different Eras??

I also plan on revamping the Medieval tech tree at a future point...but I have alot to do with the new techs for the modern era...

[edit] The continued work on the Modern tree...
Spoiler :

Looks good. I love many different techs and advanced units.
I think it would be good, if you create a biq that starts in the middle or even industrial ages. Else the game will be over before reaching the new techs.

OR he could always lenghten the game with more turns in the editer,and higher cultural VP target points. Larger then huge maps gets you and AI going good to so thats always an option aswell.

Awesome to see this start to get into Rise n rules range. Nice work man

All of the Victory conditions that are adjustable are set much higher than normal...

Im avoiding the Savagely huge map if I can...but its a bit bigger now...

thanks T.A...expect at least one more major adjustment to the 2ND era, and possibly a reshuffle of the Ind era...

as units get finished, I will add them...the goal is for almost 100% civ specific flavor units...as well as UUs that will be added for EVERY era (4 UUs per Civ)...Im happy to know that someone pays attention to this MOD. I am having fun working it together, and sometimes worry that noone is playing it...

Top Bottom