MWNN Beta Release

I would like to try "Deluxe" but I am having problems. I start with mwnn.rar . Then I'm not sure about the order of mwnnpatch1.zip, mwnnpatch2.zip, mwnnpatch1[2].zip, mwnnpatch[2.5].zip . A small blurb about this would help.

each one comes with instructions inside it...they are each extracted the same way....

open the rar file (The main file)...unzip to conquests/scenarios
open patch 1...unzip to the same folder
open patch 2...repeat
Patch 2.5 is contained within 2, and was for people who had already d/led it...ignore it, I will remove it from the post

mwnnpatch1(2).zip is a copy of mwnnpatch1.zip...you downloaded it twice

expect another patch very soon, with Indian unit lines, and fixes to these patches

Installed on my Mac, tried to start it up, and got...

Conquests Game Data/Text/PediaIcons.txt:ICON_BLDG_Kitty_Hawk

"Not Found" or something like that. Something tells me MWNN(beta2.0).biq is looking for the Kitty Hawk in the wrong place.

Do I need to replace the original PediaIcons text with your modified one, or could you change where your scenario looks for ICON_BLDG_Kitty_Hawk?

(Other than "It aint how we do it on the Mac" I have no idea why they changed the way CivIII looks up stuff for the Mac version.)

Update: It's definitely the beta 2.0 scenario. the beta scenario had no trouble finding the Kitty Hawk, but then balked when it couldn't find the art/flics/Bush_anc.flic file. A file it couldn't find because there is no Bush_anc.flic file to be found. Or indeed any Bush_xxx.flic file where "xxx" stands for something or other.

The Mac is a cruel machine, for it is intolerant of errors.

Update Too: As a matter of fact, after trying a revised PediaIcon text provided by another poster I have learned that the Beta2 biq can't find another bldg icon. As a matter of fact, it would appear that Beta2 is looked for bldg icons found in the mod's PediaIcon file in the standard PediaIcon. Beta2 needs to be edited so it looks for mod specific icons in the right PediaIcon file.

Mythusmage - hi. Thought I better point you toward this thread so that you'll understand why Spacer One won't be answering this.

If this is a Mac issue then you might get better support by posting in the Mac thread. Mods work slightly differently on Macs.

Think ive figured it out now, Leaderheads?
It's just when i copied the original files in the folder, and try and run the game v beta 2.0, i still get problems with other things, Art/Advisors Art/Tech chooser, etc

I just checked and this file porsenna_all.pcx is there :eek: - not missing! Also I saw that this error is not curious , I'm not the only one.

How I can fix it? :confused:

I was without net connection for a little, but I see here no any respond. Anyway! I found what is the problem :D . The downloads are with bad names and when you follow the explanations you get a error. First download extract files in folder with name mwnn and the next , second download extraxt them in folder MWNN(beta 2.0). And if you want to work this game just copy everything from MWNN(beta 2.0) in mwnn and delete folder of MWNN(beta 2.0). After this just change the name of mwnn like that MWNN(beta 2.0) and you are OK NOW! Yep! :goodjob:

I didn't liked in the game that in one map can have too little starting civilizations. I love to have more battles, more adrenalin and fun. So I corrected this with CIV conquest editor.

Top Bottom