Warlord
Okay Im playing on a:

22 Civs
No City States
Huge map
Marathon
Raging Barbarians, or something like that
And as always chose random Civ I got India>.<
And the only victory Condition is Domination.

Mods Im Using are:

Revolutions Pack, Lock at Atomic Era(we start at Ancient Era tho) and super Aircraft Carriers(need 1 Uranium and can hold up to 14 Fighters)

Okay this is my first time playing on Deity, I jump from Prince(4) and difficulty 5(I cant remember the name) to Deity because I just always out tech the AI which is no fun for me when it comes to Wars.

This is my first time Playing with the Revolutions Mod, as India and on Diety.

My Objetives for the game, if Im one of the first 5 civs Conquered I would consider a bad game, if I am one of the last 10 Civs alive, I think would be a victory for me, since is my first time on this difficulty and I jump 3 levels :p

Now after a few turns I see that I got a whole Island for me, lets say like muy own Australia, I berly got 6 Cities but the unhappiness from India for having cities is just killing me and popping rebels now and then.

Any advices on how to do good with India, and since is a domination game I have to conquer a lot of cities, if I left cities Puppets do they still count for my unhappiness or no?

Thanks in advance for any advice :p

I forgot to say I always plays on the defensive, I never declared Wars, mainly because Im used to out tech the AI so I always let them chose if they want to suicide or no :p. So also when would be a good Idea to Start wars because even tho I am good(so far) using artillery and melee units I always play Defensive and Counter Attack Wars, never really just invade a Civ just for the heck of it in Civ 5 G&K

I have not played on Deity, but I think the principle is fairly universal: making war "for the heck of it" is a nice way of earning some extra cash to fund your research programme or to buy new units to defend your research centres. But the strategy is probably the same as with a "defensive" war: let them come to you, destroy their army and then invade!

Kill kill kill!

I have not played on Deity, but I think the principle is fairly universal: making war "for the heck of it" is a nice way of earning some extra cash to fund your research programme or to buy new units to defend your research centres. But the strategy is probably the same as with a "defensive" war: let them come to you, destroy their army and then invade!

Kill kill kill!

Yeah right now I'm rank 17/22 on military and the Germans are really just causing a lot of political trouble lately so they probably thinking about an invasion, the good thing is that to get to my land they have to cross to a narrow tile of Coast(3*1*1) and since I dont think they can cross oceans that would be the choke point to take on their Navy.

India is propably hardest civ for domination victory. Raze all cities you capture

Yeah right now I really want to quit because of the unhapiness but I really like the challenge and since is in a huge map I can see that being a huge trouble, so the big question is if would be better to take conquer cities, make them regular cities and just build happiness buildings or make them Puppet Cities or Raze them. I guess soon I will find out since war is on the horizon with Germany

The unhappiness shouldn't be that much worse for India vs. another civ on a huge map. They only suffer 3.6 unhappiness per city on a huge vs. 6 on a standard. I'm not sure how many "a lot" is but it sounds like you'd probably be running a negative with any civ. Their UA is actually more efficient on a huge map than on a standard since their cities just need 4 pop to break even on unhappiness with another civ vs. needing 6 on a standard. That being said any city you have right now that's 5 or higher population is actually producing less unhappiness than it would be for another civ.

Playing domination on a marathon gamespeed is actually the real source of your unhappiness problems. You build happiness buildings, improve luxuries, aquire policies all at marathon speed but once you have a decent army you can take cities as fast as you can on any other speed. If you take enough you wind up in a happiness pit. I like marathon and have played a lot of games on marathon so I'm not saying marathon is bad but you need to raze a lot more on marathon speed than you would on standard just because happiness sources trickle in a lot slower. Shoot for getting Big Ben and mercantilism from commerce. Being able to rush buildings with gold cheaper makes marathon play a lot easier.

If you want to keep some of those puppets I'd say raze the smallest ones first since they'll raze the fastest and are the least efficient happinesswise with your UA. Once you raze enough and get happiness back in check go ahead and continue steamrolling. Annexing isn't a bad option on huge maps either since they'll only add 7% to policy costs and won't hurt as bad as annexing on smaller maps so I'd say annex the ones that look like they've got a lot of good resources around, then you can use them to produce troops too. The only real drawback to annexing is that the courthouse is going to take a long long time to build on marathon. Sometimes I'll just leave them puppeted until I have the gold to buy the courthouse so I'm not stuck with that added unhappiness during the building time, I think the courthouse costs 1380 on marathon but I'm not 100% sure on that price.

On a side note, you're really going to have to tech hard to pass the deity AI and may be behind for a lot of the game. Going from King to Deity is a pretty huge jump. Of course even if you never do pass them you'll eventually catch up and then you should be able to beat them pretty easy. Human should always win vs. AI when you're on an even tech level.

The unhappiness shouldn't be that much worse for India vs. another civ on a huge map. They only suffer 3.6 unhappiness per city on a huge vs. 6 on a standard. I'm not sure how many "a lot" is but it sounds like you'd probably be running a negative with any civ. Their UA is actually more efficient on a huge map than on a standard since their cities just need 4 pop to break even on unhappiness with another civ vs. needing 6 on a standard. That being said any city you have right now that's 5 or higher population is actually producing less unhappiness than it would be for another civ.

Now you just made me think something, I think I have always played Civilization on Marathon and Huge maps, since Civ 1 or since this options been available, I really never played them on normal speed, maybe there is something I want to check out there.

Also I havent conquered any city yet, that was a miss typo on my side, but yeah I already got my eyes in two good cities to annex to my Empire.

Playing domination on a marathon gamespeed is actually the real source of your unhappiness problems. You build happiness buildings, improve luxuries, aquire policies all at marathon speed but once you have a decent army you can take cities as fast as you can on any other speed.

Like I said I should try other speed and map sizes >.<. Looks like I been missing on that

On a side note, you're really going to have to tech hard to pass the deity AI and may be behind for a lot of the game. Going from King to Deity is a pretty huge jump.

So far all the Civs I have encounter are Friendly with me, but is probably because I am on my own Island/Continent and I have no borders frictions yet, except for the Germans on the Horizon. And even tho Im far behind on the Tech Tree some how Im on score ranked 5/22 but I think is because I have a lot of cities(9) on turn 170s I believe. But Score really doesnt help much when a better tech army is knocking at your front door :p
-------

The only good thing is that thanks to the Revolution MOD, I'm fighting rebels forces every now and then so my military have couple save promotions to used them for the right moment.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like marathon games too. I really like being able to move through the ages slowly. I like how you can send your units on long distance invasions without having to worry about them becoming obsolete before I even get there. Each unit is worth more and needs to be conserved. Marathon games are just a really different type of game than standard games are. Happiness is one of the main differences though since if you do happen to dip down into the red it can either take a lot of turns or a lot of money to get back into the positive. You just have to make happiness a higher priority on marathon than you do on slower speeds is all.

Did you reconsider your happiness situation concerning the Indian UA like I was saying? India is borderline broken on huge maps since the downside of their UA scales down with the map size but the upside stays the same. You have to expand a little slower than another civ but 4 pop is a pretty small city so you'll break even pretty fast, any city with 5 or more pop you have will be producing less unhappiness than they would with other civs. You have to hit 7 pop on a standard map to start getting the same effect.

Top Bottom