(My first SG)For newbies

Yeah , that will be helpful for me and next players .
I realized only now you choose AP :D I really prefer to play a regular game .
That's good Gma told us something wrong , cuz I would'nt know about it :)

Ok, so here are starts. Ill log in at night, see what start u´ve chosen and do my turnset.

My vote goes to start 1:Fresh water, Wheat, Forests to chop, Two BG´s, and a river that we can follow......

Start 4 isnt that bad either: 3 BG´s (the settler is on top of the thir one), River, Forest to the SE, Coast to the E and N.

Ur call!;) :p

Starts:

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    123.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    85.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 3.gif
    3.gif
    82.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 4.gif
    4.gif
    100.6 KB · Views: 206
I will avoid start 2 , it worst ..
I don't really like start 1 .. but I cannot avoid start 3 ! that's great ! we can make some Settler Factory . we also can move our settler NE to have our Capitol along the Coast .

I agree, 2 is the worst, but I can't pick between 1, 3, and 4. 1 does look the best, however.

I'm posting the pic below to give you an idea of how RCP can be done. I used the utility, CivAssistII, and the most recent played save.

With CivAssistII you can set your capitol center (and later your FP center) and have it show you ALL possible locations for 1st and 2nd ring cities. Then you can use the utility to place proposed city sites as a sort of dot map for team discussion.

In the attached pic it shows all the sites for distance 4 (all numbered "1") and the some possibilities for distance 7 (all numbered "2"). I also placed a couple of proposed cities so you can see what it would look like if you were using CivAssistII to make your decisions.

My map isn't complete, of course, but just to give you an idea of what can be done. Even if you decided not to use RCP, you can still use the feature that shows proposed future city sites. :)

:(( I don't really like the 1st start and I saw you fliped the order 2nd and 3rd Start was.

I don't like the Start where there's a lot of Tundra , but I like the start with the cow along the river .
Gma I would ask you to take a look a say if it's possible to create 4turn settler factory there ?

but 1st is also looks good because we'll have Wheat and 1 or 2 BG"s on our Capitol .
and then we'll be able to settle on the river .

Alright, so here´s my turnset(Same world settings, just changed the AP)(I chose start1, since it got the most votes)

1)Check out Space Race, oppos are: Aztec, Russia, Germany, England, France, Egypt. Build Washington, near coast and BG´S (on top of wheat). See a welcoming goodyhut:D. Send Scout directly South, to follow river course. Washingto set to Warrior.

2)WC @ 90%, 24 turns :)mad: ).Worker starts road to BG. Warrior at 3 turns.

3)Scout follows river to Coast.

4)Scout moves SE.

5)Warrior done. Washingto set to second Warrior. Worker starting a mine in BG. Scout does some more....err......scoutin??? :lol:

6)Warrior pops a goodyhut...all we get is maps of region (why can´t i be as lucky as goodsmell?:cry: ), we see 3 Ivory. Scout finds a couple of Wheat.

7)Some scoutin´........

8)More scoutin´....

9)Keep on scoutin´....

10)Second Warrior done, set to fortify, i always like to leave a unit fortified in each city. Scout sees Silks to the SE.

11)Washington expands borders. Scoutin´.....

12)Scout sees more Silks

13)Scoutin´.....again. Worker finishes second mine, going to chop forest(I thought I should do that:confused: ????)

14)Just some scoutin´.....(How come i STILL haven´t seen any civs?????:cry: )

15)Warrior scouts NW, and Scout finishes exploring the small peninsula SE, so i bring him back N. Settler in 1 Turn. WC in 4.

Post-Turn: This turnset sucked!!:mad: and im not sure if it was my fault:( , or if our civ is just going slow. It looks like we are stuck alone, in a continent, with a center (near where Washington is) and 4 "arms" coming out of it. It turns out that the only 2 "arms" that seem like they might expand to connect with more land, are the ones in the NE and the SW (precisely the two directions in which i didn´t explore:mad: ). So i think we can probably bet on being alone for a while, at leats until the AI civs start building Galleys (that probably means slow tech researching for us:( ). Talking about tech researching, i think that WC was going a bit slow, and i had research at 90 % at all times, does AP affect research as well???, ´cuz i think it was going much faster in previous game:confused: . Oh well, i did what i could, goodsmell. i hope u can give this game a little more interest.

The pix and a dotmap:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_001.gif
    ScreenHunter_001.gif
    146.7 KB · Views: 178
  • ScreenHunter_002.gif
    ScreenHunter_002.gif
    284.9 KB · Views: 199
  • ScreenHunter_003.gif
    ScreenHunter_003.gif
    385.5 KB · Views: 175
  • ScreenHunter_004.gif
    ScreenHunter_004.gif
    217.4 KB · Views: 176
  • ScreenHunter_005.gif
    ScreenHunter_005.gif
    195.2 KB · Views: 198
The save, and a second dotmap (This dotmap is with a distance of 4 tiles, while the first one was 3, i think that according to gma´s rule of thumb, both should work just fine, so i guess u can choose whiever u want goodsmell:confused: ).

Roster:
Pequenino-Just played......again:D :D
goodsmell-UP
choxorn-ON DECK
yagtag7
cody_the_genius
Little Corporal
WilliamOfOrange-Still looking for version 1.29f??????? haven´t heard form him in a while...:confused:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_006.gif
    ScreenHunter_006.gif
    196.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Pequenino_SG1.SAV
    61.2 KB · Views: 153
Yeah, pretty much. I've never used AP so I think it would have been a little odd-feeling for me...

One more thing: it would be really nice if we could post some screenshots in the thread...easier to see.

I probably don't need to regurgitate stuff other people have said but I'll try to explain one method here:
To take a screenshot, press Alt+Print Screen
Ctrl+V to paste it into a program where you can save it as a jpeg (MS Paint)
Save the screenshot on your hard drive
Upload the file to an image hosting website (http://www.imageshack.us http://www.villagephotos.com)
The site should provide a URL for the image. Put this URL within brackets:

As a matter of fact I think I'll go ahead and do that with the start we chose so I don't have to keep clicking on those little links to see it (it was the one with the grain on the coast, right?)

Remember, try to save the screenshot as a jpeg; it takes up less space.

A demonstration of the need for jpegs...:) The bitmap starting picture was too big for me to upload with a free account...

EDIT: Does anybody want me to post a screenie of where we are now? (after Pequenino's first 15 turns) I can't post the start...:(

what I have to say about last 5 posts: ????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, I am pretty sure that I have the patch..but I will check it out. I will be away from Thursday night until Sunday. Will this be a problem? I am starting to wonder if I can do this....but I suppose 15 turns every 5 days isn't too bad

lurker's comment: If I may offer a pointer or two...

With a bit of scouting done and a little RCP work underway... now might be a good time for the team to stop play for a little while and do a little "dotmapping".

As a matter of personal preference, I like to take a screenshot of the map with the grid lines on (Ctrl-G) and put that in an image editor of some sort. I then put "Dots" on proposed city sites, and draw bright lines around the 9 tiles that would be enclosed by the new settlement's borders. I find that it is easier to spot opportunities and maximize the use of terrain by visualizing what I want it to look like.

I'll make a deal with you guys if you want. You do the dotmapping exercise, and I'll work on it with you.

Without having looked at the save yet, I did notice something from a screenie. Washington is building a settler, due in 1, BUT it won't grow for another 7 turns and reduces the population by 2, so your settler won't complete for another 7 turns even though it says just 1. You might want to switch it to a granary, and the forest chop (which I don't think has yet completed) will contribute 10 shields to the granary build. The granary, in turn, will help you greatly in faster growth and production of settlers.

BTW, you're very fortunate to have Scoutsout taking an interest in this game. He's one of the best players on the board and has taught me a great deal, so ya really want to listen to him. :)

Top Bottom