• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

My game on Immortal II - Willem van Oranje

Still continuing my game.

Spoiler :

Built 3 cities and grabed Oracle and took monarchy. Expanded to 6 cities.

Decided to attack SB with Phants and catapults. He is one mean defender. Took his 3-4 main cities.

Everyone seem to declare on Egyptians so i took 2 of her cities too.

Main issue is the AP. I keep defying motions and the world considers me a villan to -10 unhappiness.

Currently have 11 cities and should get liberalism as I have monopoly on Edu. I am behind on other techs as carthage has curs! Most Ai seem somewhat small in size. A lot of religious wars going on. I need curs to finish this off.

Attachments

• Deity player AD-1050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    207 KB · Views: 28
2040 BC - 1040 BC
Spoiler :

I set research towards Aesthetics. (And now, I am happy about it. On a pangea map, it is very probable that someone will research Alpha for you soon.)

I met Saladin but didn't include the screenshot due to the screenshot limit. And look, he already has Alphabet :)

This city (together with the barb city to the N) will have a good blocking value.

I adopted slavery...

...to do this....

...and later this.

A denied demand.

I met Ramsess but didn't include the screenshot due to the screenshot limit.

I didn't settle this city on the cost since (as vranasm pointed out) it would have no production.

Another whip.

Aesthetics.

And after two more turns invested to Alpha (with 50% science slider), I made some deals.

I have both iron and horses.

I also settled one more city.

Our land.

Our cities.

Our units.

Attachments

• Deity player BC-1040.CivBeyondSwordSave
    110.5 KB · Views: 37
What do you think about irrigating the few farms I have? Is it worth it or should I really put cottages everywhere?

GLH seems a waste on Pangaea. I'd rather spend the hammers trying to grab good land.

Spoiler :

I'm pretty sure its a waste here because I'm setting myself back considerably in worker turns however:

All the best early sites to grab are coastal. I feel stupid settling a rice city or a rice under jungle city just to grab land as my 3rd,4th or 5th city when there are so much more productive alternatives especially with FIN and coastline. The corn steal from SB and the deer down there are good cities with FIN.

I'm used to playing deity where you can spam the coastline after they box you in.

And I assumed no one else would do it so we'd get to compare. This is usually why I do stuff I don't think is a good idea.

deity - Get trade routes hooked up!

My 1040 BC
Spoiler :

The AIs haven't built many cities... GLh just in, but Deity level expansion from the AIs would have been nicer :) I hope one of them has monarchy to trade when I get MC in. Every happy is 24 commerce with 8+ cities and 3 commerce tiles. I just picked up fur in trade thankfully. I think I'd have the same commerce right now if I had traded the GLh for some workers earlier. Plus you aren't guaranteed getting it...

Could have gone for another conquest, but decided to hault my mounted war with the last two civs remaining and instead go for a diplo/space race because I was too lazy.

Spoiler :

What do you think about irrigating the few farms I have? Is it worth it or should I really put cottages everywhere?

Cottages unless you are going to have a problem growing into happy cap post HR/Calendar. I'd be planning for Oxford right now so make sure you have your 6 university cities mapped out.. The switch to farms is made when cottages will start slowing you down by delaying production.

I guess it's just luck of the map/AIs but this hardly feels like immortal. Expanded peacefully to 8 cities and got up to first in score (not by a lot) before rifles with almost no troops and not a single wonder. The AIs are all teching extremely slow.

Nice city placement.

I usually try to secure as much land as possible but those coastal cities are really smart whith GLH.

deity - Get trade routes hooked up!

My 1040 BC
Spoiler :

The AIs haven't built many cities... GLh just in, but Deity level expansion from the AIs would have been nicer :) I hope one of them has monarchy to trade when I get MC in. Every happy is 24 commerce with 8+ cities and 3 commerce tiles. I just picked up fur in trade thankfully. I think I'd have the same commerce right now if I had traded the GLh for some workers earlier. Plus you aren't guaranteed getting it...

I guess it's just luck of the map/AIs but this hardly feels like immortal. Expanded peacefully to 8 cities and got up to first in score (not by a lot) before rifles with almost no troops and not a single wonder. The AIs are all teching extremely slow.

Yep, I am the second in score in 1040 BC :).

1040 BC - 200 BC
Spoiler :

This was my research:
Literature -> Monarchy (partially) -> Drama -> Music.

I also traded for these techs:
Priesthood (for Polytheism), Monarchy (for Aesthetics), Monotheism + Archery (for Aesthetics), 220 gold (for Literature), Meditation (for Literature), Mathematics + 20 gold (for Drama), 50 gold (for Meditation).

I also get 60 + 40 gold for free from some pleased leaders.

I met a new guy.

Spoiler :

I captured this barb city (after Ramsess attacked it unsuccesfully).

Spoiler :

I razed this barb city (after Ramsess attacked it unsuccesfully).

Spoiler :

I revolted to Judaism, HR and OR.

Spoiler :

I built some wonders, too.

Spoiler :

I also built an Academy.

Spoiler :

Our last city will be settled soon.

Spoiler :

This is our land.

Spoiler :

These are our cities.

Spoiler :

Some other info.

Spoiler :

So what to do with the GA we got from Music?

Attachments

• Deity player BC-0200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    147.3 KB · Views: 42
I got really lazy and clicked this to an AP win around 1750ad. Loved up everyone and switched out of the Ap religion. Pretty much had to spread the religion to everyone but Freddy. 3rd immortal win. Woah!!!!

Heres my 1AD
Spoiler :

I'd like to reiterate how good FIN is with coast :) If this was deity I would have been blocked into the coast, but who cares with all that sweet coastline. Once you get to HR just build warriors and grow - no need for all those workers to get the cottages going here. You'll also notice why I said plan your universities - when you are near education like this you don't want to realize you needed farms 40 turns ago to whip out the uni's. ( I traded for alphabet / math / currency at 200 BC off Metal Casting then researched CoL and bulb'd my GM on Civil Service )

And I couldn't sleep so heres the 1250 domination:
Spoiler :

After getting to cavalry at 800 AD I just alt-clicked to select all my cities *cavalry and then whip'd them all every other turn. Used 4 GAs to lib rifles. Went from 1000 beakers per turn down to 200 from all the whipping and farming over of towns.

Heres my 1AD
Spoiler :

I'd like to reiterate how good FIN is with coast :) If this was deity I would have been blocked into the coast, but who cares with all that sweet coastline. Once you get to HR just build warriors and grow - no need for all those workers to get the cottages going here. You'll also notice why I said plan your universities - when you are near education like this you don't want to realize you needed farms 40 turns ago to whip out the uni's. ( I traded for alphabet / math / currency at 200 BC off Metal Casting then researched CoL and bulb'd my GM on Civil Service )

Your lead in score in 1 AD is really incredible!

200 BC - 1000 AD
Spoiler :

This was a really long round. If I played it in several shorter rounds, I would certainly avoid some mistakes I did. But this game is really easy so it doesn't matter.

I had problems with my research path since I wanted to optimize my tech trades. Due to this (and my bad play), I bulbed Philosophy (instead of part of Education) and nothing else. However, this caused that I didn't run away in techs immediately and I finally did some great trades and now I am in a very strong tech lead.

In this round, only 2 GSs were born (partially due to my bad play and partially due to bad luck). However, now I have 2 GAs, 1 GSpy and 1 GS prepared for some golden ages. I regret losing (by 1 turn!) that wonder which extends golden ages. I also lost Taj Mahal to Freddy :cry:. But as I said, I could do some great treads in the last few turns due to my slowness so nothing to worry about.

I wanted to pick Democracy from Liberalism but Ramsess went after Liberalism, too, so I had to pick only Constitution.

At this moment, I am ready to start my first GA (I waited for Democracy and US) and do some civic changes.

Here are some pictures.
Spoiler :

I would like to hear your opinions on the next tech path. I am not sure what military techs should I choose for my final war. And what civics should I run (US and FS are obvious but what else)?

Attachments

• Deity player AD-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    203.3 KB · Views: 39
deity

Cavalry is the fastest, switch over to barracks/stable everywhere and see if you can get some HAs out before getting all the techs.

Whip an army of cavalry to conquer Ramesses --> SB --> Fred --> Saladin. That should win you the game. You might need to get to communism to avoid bankrupting your economy in the process.

Also, I'd ditch your undeveloped cottages in favor of farms/shops at this point.

I'd sooner capture the pyramids and switch to police state than US. It looks like you're going to get rifling earlier than I did in this game and I still steamrolled the nearest three civs with cavalry and spies.

1000 AD - 1300 AD
Spoiler :

I started with a golden age and a civic change.

Research set towards cavalries.

Espionage points went to Ramsess, my first target.

The second GA immediately after the first one.

When both Rifling and MT were in, I hade only 5 knights to upgrade. My timing was really bad.

The Statue of Liberty. As I said, training more knights instead of this wonder would have been much better.

After trading for Economics, I switched to FM (still in a GA).

The third GA immediately after the second one.

I teched towards Comunism and Physics for the great people but didn't revolt to SP since my maintaince from the distance was no problem.

DoW.

I took 2 cities in the first turn of the war but I lost ~5 cavalries (all my spies failed :cry:).

I took Ramsess's capital then (my spy finally succeeded).

Capitulation.

Espionage points towards Freddy.

The fourth GA short after the third one.

And this is where I am now. I plan to DoW on SB very soon.

Attachments

• Deity player AD-1300.CivBeyondSwordSave
    244.6 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom