1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My personal thread: Clarification of certain game mechanics

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Manco Capac, Jun 16, 2012.

1. elmurcis

elmurcis Chieftain

Not sure if this is under questions or just to understand "what was that?" thing..
    So short story - up to Communism worked my way to make PAlliance (with big Budism+shrind Charlie) and everything was great.. but now this - right after geting Comunism I sign PA with him. But at that moment his Privateer (well, it got yellow flag next turn and I knew its ownership because there was Frigate next to it doing nothing :D ) was blocking some tiles (making 2 my coastal cities to starve)...
    Now Privateer (because can't block anymore - I can't attack that too because now its Charlie not neutral ship) went away but blocked tiles stayed impossible to work :confused:. Got my Frigate going over blocked tiles - nothing changes... Huh, strange reason to reload game (from autosaves - hate this when it has been clean game without some serious mistakes) - but something new in game...

2. elmurcis

elmurcis Chieftain

Sorry for message again here :D yes, that was some game bug - can't sign PA with AI that is actively blocking some of your teritory with Privateer. Made 2 tries more - both times blocked tiles stayed the same after Privateer left.
    Another thing about PA - if want to decide to build or not some wonder (or space part too? - just to put in some city production list) AI has to finish tech not human.. easy to check with asking to change research and adjusting slider so can't finish in 1 turn on your own but will finish in 1 turn with Ai help. And your "body" can attack somebody else (so instant war possible). And very nice feature - AI gifts hit movie/single/musical same turn it finishes that wonder.. saves some time :D

3. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Same ;)
    Would look for help / confirmation on one example.
    Pic
    Spoiler :

I have 240EP, and the AI 225.

Cannot use the easier formula from Doshin without Influence Civics, with this one

SabotageProduction*((EspionageByAIOntoYou+100)/(3*InvestigateCity)

i get 216h. Can that be right?

Great, ty Pangaea ~~

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Another formula (probably easier as it's always available)

( SabotageProduction / SupportCityRevolt ) * 650 / 6 ==> 1796 / 988 * 650 / 6 = 197 :hammers:

I've used this formula on AIs I have city inspection on (meaning I can see exactly how many hammers they have invested), and it's usually spot on, sometimes one hammer off. So 197h should be correct.

Fippy likes this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Here are a couple of examples.

1. Spoiler :

652 / 487 * 650 / 6 = 145 :hammers:
      (for InfluenceCivics): 652 / 675 * 150 (Epic) = 145 :hammers:

2. Spoiler :

489 / 442 * 650 / 6 = 120 :hammers:
      (for InfluenceCivics): 489 / 612 * 150 (Epic) = 120 :hammers:

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

I have a question about teleporting. Anybody care to explain?

Given the formula above, I thought the easternmost unit would jump northwest. Instead it jumped further, and towards home. It's early in the game, so I just have the one city.

7. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

Maybe the unit is ejected 1E, but since that is water, it takes another jump to an adjacent tile that is closest to nearest city.

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Chieftain

current position 3x1.5+2+2x(1.5+1)=4.5+2+5=11.5
    your wish 5x1.5+3+2x1.5=7.5+3+3=13.5
    11.5<13.5
    (1S from teleport 2x1.5+3+2x2x1.5 = 12)

Did I miss anything?

Pangaea likes this.
  9. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

I think that is correct. I didn't understand the formula at first... :)

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

That's probably it, and it makes more sense given that WT says units want to jump towards home. But I got hooked up on the phrasing "2*teleportDistance + distance to our nearest city (nearest to the origin tile, not the destination tile)" << underlined. If the distance was supposed to be in relation to the origin tile, it should be the same independent of where the unit jumped. But it must probably be in relation to the destination tile, which also means units will favour jumping towards home.

11. Snowbird

Snowbird Chieftain

I think 'nearest' in the brakects refers to nearest city (like for picking target city to calculate from in case player has multiple cities)not anything directly related towards tiles unit stands on.