My Pet Peeve- Fixed in Warlords?

:twitch: It would be nice to know if the AI will build (or maybe even use!!!) ICBM in Warlords. As it stands they will not, and I'm hoping that if any work is done on the AI it's this, especially with all the warrish leaders in the expo.

For the love of <insert diety of choice, or lack thereof> please fix this itsy bitsy little bug, Firaxis!

that's a pet peeve of mine too. the AI should incorporate all aspects of the game. that's not only my opinion, but a job requirement for AI programmers at firaxis! it'd be nice if they played by their own rules.

firaxis AI programmer job requirements said:
Design and implement algorithms for determining moves made by computer-based opponents, incorporating all game mechanics, to give the illusion of intelligent behavior

We all want this!

So why do I have the feeling nothing will have changed regarding this in Warlords?

Its possable in testing that it proved too unwieldy. The AIs resorted to ICBMs as soon as they got them. Maybe since they are a powerful unit they overbuilt them and launched them to a point where the whole world decends into a nuclear holocaust.

Nuclear Holocaust=probably not the most fun, uplifting game ever.

Alex, can you reveal if nukes will gain more power in Warlords? As is, I personally do not build them because it is too costly for something that is so easily countered or even when they do hit a bomb shelter is usually built which negates the damage. Will we be seeing more incentive for nuclear wars?

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Nothing has changed with ICBM game mechanics in Warlords. Nuclear weapons may be underpowered compared to real life, but making them more powerful in the game can have unfun consequences.

nukes are pretty powerful in Civ 4 just as anti-Stack weapons. They arent really neccessary for city bombardment; that's what stealth bombers are for.

Firaxis will include AI use of nukes after a real nuclear war - they are very concerned with historical accuracy. That's why Israel is not a nation in Civ4. Just check out a map of the Middle East in a PLO classroom - No Israel.

check out a map of the "republic of china" (taiwan, not the peoples republic)... you'll see that taiwan and mongolia are both part of china. borders are imaginary lines, and sometimes people see them differently. that's why i had to kill cyrus yesterday.

Older than Dirt said:
Firaxis will include AI use of nukes after a real nuclear war - they are very concerned with historical accuracy. That's why Israel is not a nation in Civ4. Just check out a map of the Middle East in a PLO classroom - No Israel.

lol that is the stupidest (swear word) i have ever read

Gleefully, I witnessed Cryus drop a pair of nukes on a barbarian city; bravo Firaxis.

Top Bottom