1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My Pet Peeve- Fixed in Warlords?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Eternalsteelfan, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Eternalsteelfan

Eternalsteelfan Prince

:twitch: It would be nice to know if the AI will build (or maybe even use!!!) ICBM in Warlords. As it stands they will not, and I'm hoping that if any work is done on the AI it's this, especially with all the warrish leaders in the expo.

For the love of <insert diety of choice, or lack thereof> please fix this itsy bitsy little bug, Firaxis!

2. naterator

naterator Bravely running away

that's a pet peeve of mine too. the AI should incorporate all aspects of the game. that's not only my opinion, but a job requirement for AI programmers at firaxis! it'd be nice if they played by their own rules.

3. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

We all want this!

So why do I have the feeling nothing will have changed regarding this in Warlords?

4. Thehistoryman

Thehistoryman Chieftain

Its possable in testing that it proved too unwieldy. The AIs resorted to ICBMs as soon as they got them. Maybe since they are a powerful unit they overbuilt them and launched them to a point where the whole world decends into a nuclear holocaust.

Nuclear Holocaust=probably not the most fun, uplifting game ever.

5. alexman

alexman King

This was a bug, and it should be fixed in Warlords.

6. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

Alex, can you reveal if nukes will gain more power in Warlords? As is, I personally do not build them because it is too costly for something that is so easily countered or even when they do hit a bomb shelter is usually built which negates the damage. Will we be seeing more incentive for nuclear wars?

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

7. alexman

alexman King

Nothing has changed with ICBM game mechanics in Warlords. Nuclear weapons may be underpowered compared to real life, but making them more powerful in the game can have unfun consequences.

8. Veo

Veo Chieftain

nukes are pretty powerful in Civ 4 just as anti-Stack weapons. They arent really neccessary for city bombardment; that's what stealth bombers are for.

9. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

Firaxis will include AI use of nukes after a real nuclear war - they are very concerned with historical accuracy. That's why Israel is not a nation in Civ4. Just check out a map of the Middle East in a PLO classroom - No Israel.

10. naterator

naterator Bravely running away

check out a map of the "republic of china" (taiwan, not the peoples republic)... you'll see that taiwan and mongolia are both part of china. borders are imaginary lines, and sometimes people see them differently. that's why i had to kill cyrus yesterday.

11. icemanjsg

icemanjsg Warlord

lol that is the stupidest (swear word) i have ever read

12. Eternalsteelfan

Eternalsteelfan Prince

Gleefully, I witnessed Cryus drop a pair of nukes on a barbarian city; bravo Firaxis.