• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Naeralith Reborn: MODMOD Design and Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was bored so here are a few cross sphere spells for nature magic that i just pulled out my Ars3 :p

Nature 3 / Fire 1 - Desert Spice (sacrifice the nature 3 promotion to create a source of Spice in the owners square with a plantation)
Nature 1 / Fire 3 - Seedbomb (sorcerer fuses explosive energy in with the growing plant, and enchants it so when it touches soil explosive plant growth occurs, but at the same time an inferno explodes out, creating a fire with a source to burn (basically an area effect low colateral damage spell that starts forest fires)

Nature 3 / Earth 1 - Strangling Vines (Sorcerer causes thick ivy to climb city fortifications, breaking apart stone and mortar, and providing strong handholds for soldiers to climb (strongly reduces city defence, possibly destroys any city fortification buildings.)
Nature 1 / Earth 3 - Revenge of the Earth (If cast on a forest, summon a treeman wit hstrong promoton, if cast on a hill summon an earth elemental with strong promotion, if cast on a forested hill, summon both a treeman and earth elemental with weak promotion.)

Nature 3 / Water 1 - Swampgas (sorcerer turns grassland into swamp, and if cast on swamp summons a Swampgas unit, 5 poison strength, 2 move, hidden nationaility, attacks weakest enemy unit, transfers poisoned promotion)
Nature 1 / Water 3 - Tropical Rainstorm (sorcerer summons a tropical rainstorm, turns all forests adjacent to the caster into jungle and turns all grassland and plains into marsh for 20 turns, has a chance to destroy improvements (flooding))

Nature 3 / Air 1 - Whispers of the Woods (sorcerer talks to the trees, sending messages out on the wind. cast in forest or jungle. reveal all tiles that are also forest or jungle in contact with the same forest or jungle the spell was cast in, 3 turn duration, 3 turn cool down (cannot cast another spell i nthat time or move)
Nature 1 / Air 3 - Summon Roc (sorcerer summons a gigantic eagle (permanent) which can transport 2 units)

not sure about the spells that summon units

Nice ideas! I've already been given some necro suggestions... think I need to get magic designed for phase 1 soon :)

Will work on that shortly :D

Al

How about some other Spheres of Magic, only castable by Kitchen Witches: Pie Magic and Bacon Magic.

Pie 1: Bake Dwarven Pie: conjours a Dwarven Pie to use as a weapon. the crust on the pie is rock hard and can be used to bludgeon enemies to death, as well as make a tasty snack for the treck to war. (gives friendly Units Dwarven Pie promotion, +15% strength and +10% heal rate, 50% chance it wears off each turn)

Pie 2: Harlequins Pie Co.: Founds/spreads Harlequins Pie Co. a corporation which gives all cities with the corporation +:) and + Health for Wheat, Potato, Cow, Sheep, Pigs. the Corporation Center (first city founded in) provides '3 Harlequins Pies' resources which provide :) and health.

Pie 3 / Water 2: Water to Gravey: the mage turns water to tasty gravey perfect for making tastey pies with. if cast on a river, increase the food production of all adjacent tiles by 1 for 20 turns. if cast on the coast, increase all adjacent land squares by +1 food for 20 turns.

Pie 3 / Air 2: Rougecow Pie: Rougecow, it gives you wings. and a pie made from that makes you invincible, AND gives you wings. summons a 'Rougecow Pie' item which can be sacrificed like a potion to give the immortal, Angel and Flying promotions.

Bacon 1: This little piggy: if cast on deer, sheep or cow, turns the resource into Pigs.

Bacon 2 : Racher Whip: the mage summons a long racher of sizzling bacon and lashes out at an enemy, scolding them severly with tasty bacony fat. causes fire damage, and has a chance to summon a 'tasty bacon' unit which acts like a healing potion.

Bacon 3 / Fire 1 Spit Roast Party: the mage summons giant Pigs and puts them over enchanted spit roasts, Heal all allied units adjacent to the caster and summon a random number of 'tasty bacon' units.

What the hack? :eek:

Edit: actually, that would work nicely with :evil: folks...

Alzara: Ha! HOW DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN DEFEAT ME, MORTAL!
<Insert Sorcerer/sorceress name here> I shall send you back to the depth of hell with my pies and bacons! now die!
Alzara: WHAT? NOOOOOOOOOO~

Something like that? PL?

pretty much. Nothing can escape the steamy crust of a properly crafted Dwarven Pastry Prison. not even Alzara. then factor in the reinforced bacon shackles and gravy moat and you have one hell of a fortification.

WHAT HAVE I DONE? Haha ;)

Sometimes I wonder which out of the three of us is the most insane? :D

Al

I didnt get the pie/bacon thing but it was funny lol

Just for those of you who are wondering what is happening next, I am getting down to some actual modding. Just going through a few things about art with psychic llamas at the moment :)

Will post some things soon... mainly progress updates, but a couple of new civs will appear as well as some lore as I find time :)

Al

seeing as no one got my clearly awsome jokes:

Rougecow, it gives you wings

Rouge means red, and cow is like a bull. thus "redbull, it gives you wings!"

Harlequins Pies

a pun on "Jesters Pie company"

Bake Dwarven Pie

Terry Pratchett's dwarves are reknown for thier Rock Bread, so i figured, why not rock pie-crust too?

------------

Seriously though, good luck with your moddign Al! anddont forget the teasters ;)

EDIT: heres a pressie for ya Al :p

Attachments

• Starmetal.zip
    416.1 KB · Views: 45
I hope no one gets my remark about the Greater Goof and Stargate trilogy in certain civpedia entries :mischief:

Btw Llamas ty for the lovely texturing stuffs :)

Looking forward to the new starmetal and maussberries :D

How's the Garden coming Seon? :)

Al

Yeah I have exam this week so I may be unable to write it :(

Yeah I have exam this week so I may be unable to write it :(

S'ok real life comes first :)

Let me know when u get some free time!

Al

heres a few more pressies for you Al :) :bday:

maussberries are a reskinned Spice resource (look quite good even if i do say so myself :D) this could actually be used for a blueberry resource or something in other mods.

Re did the Fraeyalilly button

Starmetal is a White/Blue in that DL.

anything else?

Attachments

• Berry.zip
    127.1 KB · Views: 41
  • StarmetalLightBlue.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Fraealilly Button.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 49
So many presents :D

I'm going to have some fun with these! :)

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom