Napoleon of France : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead.

I think your "modern" Napoleon is a bit too caricatural (is it the exact translation of the french word "caricatural" ?)
He look like a Parisian worker during the 40's or the 50's...

This leaderheads are really great except :

Mackel-Loos said:
I think your "modern" Napoleon is a bit too caricatural (is it the exact translation of the french word "caricatural" ?)

I agree with Mackel-Loos. I never saw anybody dressed that way ;)

Maybe could you give him "modern" dress with the officials insignia of the Rebublic, like those you can see on the photography

Attachments

• prpompidou.jpg
    prpompidou.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 282
Maybe is it possible to take the one with the butterfly blow, remove the "Liberty Statue" badge and give him the red ribbon and the Great Necklace of the Legion of Honour.
This Great Necklace is the attribute of the President as Great Master of this Order.
The Great Necklace is composed of 16 medallions and the star of the Legion of Honour.

Attachments

• legion d'honneur 2.jpg
    legion d'honneur 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 72
  • ordrelegionhonneur.jpg
    ordrelegionhonneur.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 76
Mackel-Loos said:

At least I didn't put in the hooped jersey and the string of onions around the neck - that would have been caricaturial :lol: .

I might update it in the future, but have too much going on to do it now. At least you've got Napoleon, which you didn't before; and I actually quite like the modern era ;) . Thanks for your comments :) .

:goodjob: great leader !! :thanx: R8XFT !! huummm... I have the same remark for the modern area ... :lol: ... But I think it's the same for us when we think that all the english have a " John Steed" look ... :lol:

frenchman said:
:goodjob: great leader !! :thanx: R8XFT !! huummm... I have the same remark for the modern area ... :lol: ... But I think it's the same for us when we think that all the english have a " John Steed" look ... :lol:

You've hit the nail on the head there, Frenchman - it's easy to get carried away with stereotypes.

R8XFT said:
You've hit the nail on the head there, Frenchman - it's easy to get carried away with stereotypes.

Sorry ... I didn't want to hurt you ... just a joke ...

frenchman said:
Sorry ... I didn't want to hurt you ... just a joke ...

You didn't hurt me - but you probably misunderstood what I meant. I was saying that it's easy for any of us to fix in our minds a stereotype of another nation - Steed for modern English people, my Napoleon leaderhead for modern French people, for example.

In my opinion, your modern Napoleon didn't look like a stateman... he look like a worker.
But I prefer to have Napoleaon as leader than Joan of Arc !

I think it was a Firaxis (big) mistake to take her as a leader, because, in France, Joan of Arc was recover as an icon by a nationalist, racist an fascist movement (the Front National...)

Mackel-Loos said:
In my opinion, your modern Napoleon didn't look like a stateman... he look like a worker.
But I prefer to have Napoleaon as leader than Joan of Arc !

I think it was a Firaxis (big) mistake to take her as a leader, because, in France, Joan of Arc was recover as an icon by a nationalist, racist an fascist movement (the Front National...)

I think that this choice is not linked to politic reasons ... Just to the fact that the french historical leaders known in the rest of the world are very few ...
I think : Napoleon, Vercingetorix, De Gaulle, Joan of Arc, Louis XIV ...
The choice of Joan of Arc like leader for France is not a problem with FN ( who knows FN in the world ? ) but with the fact that she never rules France !!! It was Charles the seventh at these times...
Well ... We have not to export our internal politics problems ... Sorry for this [offtopic] ... :blush:

The Modern ages made me laugh so hard! He looks so Sterotypically froggy! AWESOME, man. Who is next? Leopold of Belgium? Me?

Goldflash said:
The Modern ages made me laugh so hard! He looks so Sterotypically froggy! AWESOME, man. Who is next? Leopold of Belgium? Me?

The R8XFT "to do" list includes the rest of the 5th Century leaderheads (I've got the pcxs to finish off for four of them), Leopold of Belgium, Theodoric of the Ostrogoths' era-specific version, and ....wait for it....Hitler. It's been asked for so many times.

Napoleon is now a mandatory part of Rhye's of Civilization package.

R8XFT said:
The R8XFT "to do" list includes the rest of the 5th Century leaderheads (I've got the pcxs to finish off for four of them), Leopold of Belgium, Theodoric of the Ostrogoths' era-specific version, and ....wait for it....Hitler. It's been asked for so many times.

Hitler and not Stalin? ;)

Mackel-Loos said:

really? That was even worse! Fortunately we can delete her from the hard disk now :)

Rhye said:
really? That was even worse! Fortunately we can delete her from the hard disk now :)

Sorry to come back with this [offtopic] but I don't agree to let french historical symbols in the hands of extremits !! Joan of Arc is one of our historical woman and I don't want that some people in France take her for them alone ... BTW Charles De Gaulle would have be a better leader for France in the game !! Ohh ! I didn't respect my rule : no [offtopic].. sorry ... :blush:

Top Bottom