Natural Wonder Request Thread

The colours mainly depend on what element the solar particles are hitting - so Greenish-red if they hit Oxygen (Most common) and Red with occasional Blue (Blue is rarest) if they hit Nitrogen. I think both are predominantly green, with red possibly being slightly more common in the Aurora Australis. I think just have 'Aurora' as one, but like the Great Barrier reef have the chance for two on either pole. Otherwise you could have the Aurora Australis in the north or vice versa.

Well, I was under the impression that the Australis was more red-green, and Borealis more blue-green, but the Barrier Reef idea would work better.

Well it is, but that's just because of the Ozone hole, and for the most part the colours are very similar.

(Off topic somewhat: CivOasis, I just released a Semi-natural wonder in my Wonder mod topic, mind taking a look and giving your opinion please?)

I have quite a few suggestions...

The Pulpit Rock in Norway
Ngorogoro Crater in Tanzania
Milford Sound in New Zealand
Galapagos Islands (lots of science!)

There is also a place in the Red Sea called the Blue Hole or something, but I can't recall what it was...

Also, for the Amazon Rainforest, Mississippi River, etc. can you make them work as actual jungle and rivers? i.e can you have the Amazon be able to be cut down and moved through?

I have quite a few suggestions...

The Pulpit Rock in Norway
Ngorogoro Crater in Tanzania
Milford Sound in New Zealand
Galapagos Islands (lots of science!)

There is also a place in the Red Sea called the Blue Hole or something, but I can't recall what it was...

Also, for the Amazon Rainforest, Mississippi River, etc. can you make them work as actual jungle and rivers? i.e can you have the Amazon be able to be cut down and moved through?

1-4 will be added, I have a very close analog for 5 already, and for the others...
Well, IMO, you'd be insane to chop down a NW, for any reason. As for the other two, that would make it interesting. Don't know if that'd happen, though..

Pulpit Rock is already on the list (albeit with its native name). Look two posts above you.

However, thanks for posting the list, I'll comb through that at some point.

you ll also get stuffs for other continents in the same webpage

How about some not-so natural natural wonders? (ie El Dorado and the Fountain of Youth).

1: Atlantis (Ocean) First to discover (only with submarine unit) recieves +1 :c5gold: on Ocean and Coastal Tiles for the remainder of the game. Tile Yield: 1:c5food: 2:c5production: 2:c5science:

2: Avalon (Coastal Tile) Units who move to a tile adjacent to Avalon recieve Great Generals I promotion. Tile Yield: 3:c5food: 2:c5culture:

3: Garden of Eden (River Tile) +1:c5food: in every city while within empire's borders. Tile Yield: 5:c5food:

4: Tower of Babel City-State :c5influence: degrades at double and recovers at half the normal rate while the Tower of Babel is within your borders. Tile Yield: 5:c5gold: 5:c5production: 3:c5science:

5: Mount Olympus: (yes, I know its real) Tile Yield: 6:c5culture: 2:)

6: Hawaiki: (Ocean Tile) First to discover recieves world map. Tile Yield: 2:c5food: 3:c5gold:

How about some not-so natural natural wonders? (ie El Dorado and the Fountain of Youth).

1: Atlantis (Ocean) First to discover (only with submarine unit) recieves +1 :c5gold: on Ocean and Coastal Tiles for the remainder of the game. Tile Yield: 1:c5food: 2:c5production: 2:c5science:

2: Avalon (Coastal Tile) Units who move to a tile adjacent to Avalon recieve Great Generals I promotion. Tile Yield: 3:c5food: 2:c5culture:

3: Garden of Eden (River Tile) +1:c5food: in every city while within empire's borders. Tile Yield: 5:c5food:

4: Tower of Babel City-State :c5influence: degrades at double and recovers at half the normal rate while the Tower of Babel is within your borders. Tile Yield: 5:c5gold: 5:c5production: 3:c5science:

6: Hawaiki: (Ocean Tile) First to discover recieves world map. Tile Yield: 2:c5food: 3:c5gold:

Eden and the Tower of Babel could be offensive.
Not to me, but some one would come ou and complain about religious offense.

Interesting... I might put them in post 3. Not sure I want too much of these, given the vast options in our own world, but great ideas.
Hawaiki seems a tad bit overpowered, though.

Eden and the Tower of Babel could be offensive.
Not to me, but some one would come ou and complain about religious offense.

True. I did think about it before posting, but felt since it was only an idea and not an actual feature in a mod or game it wouldn't hurt anyone. I could be totally wrong however so apologies to those who do take offense.

Interesting... I might put them in post 3. Not sure I want too much of these, given the vast options in our own world, but great ideas.
Hawaiki seems a tad bit overpowered, though.

I figured Hawaiki would be found in the middle of an ocean (no where near a civ's borders) much like Krakatoa. I saw it as a nice bonus for the first ocean explorer. Like other not so natural natural wonders, Hawaiki wouldn't show up in most playthroughs.

IMO, if people are going to be offended by something like that then surely they would be offended by some of the features ingame allready - Isabella brandishing the Cross, the Arabian symbol - even Pachacuti sitting beneath a styilisatoin of the Sun God Inti. I think, if you were to have them, make them incrediably unlikely with an option to disable fictional wonders from appearing.

I think, if you were to have them, make them incrediably unlikely with an option to disable fictional wonders from appearing.

IMO They should already have this option in the game. The fictional wonders are OP, especially the fountain of youth. It would be nice if you could select how many natural wonders you wanted to appear on the map (sliding number bar like CS number selection) and if you want to disable fictional NWs (a checkbox).

It would be nice if you could select how many natural wonders you wanted to appear on the map (sliding number bar like CS number selection)

But that is open to exploitation. Suppose we end up with 20 Natural wonders. If you choose to have all 20 and play as Spain, you're going to have thousands of gold early on.

But that is open to exploitation. Suppose we end up with 20 Natural wonders. If you choose to have all 20 and play as Spain, you're going to have thousands of gold early on.

Well, if someone wants to do that, I say go ahead. If you like cheesing your game, hey, who am I to judge? More options is always a plus IMO. Just because there is an exploit dosen't mean you have to use it, especially if its a choice in the settings.

You mean like playing a highland map as inca?
Or an archipelago map as polynesia?

Top Bottom