Natural Wonder Request Thread

I'm not sure the Makgadikgadi would have much of anything for a "yield" really, I put gold because it could become a tourist destination under the right circumstances, but as long as its not food it doesn't really matter :p

Maybe Easter Island? +3 food, +3 culture (even though the island died from starvation, it was actually very good for farming)

Anuta: (high population per square mile, at 2,100 per mi sq. 300 people on the tiny island) maybe gives +10 food?

I think the list of the actual NW is too short, some new ones are indeed needed.

I know that would need changes in the concept of the NW, but I would like to see great rivers as NW. Nilo, Amazon, Yangtzé, Mississipi etc.

@ That nerdy kid:
I put them on, but Anuta seemed A) Overpowered, and B) Not fitting. I ignored B, but how does 4 food, 2 gold sound?

@ Melendor:
I like the idea, not so sure it would actually require a re-do. Just make the tile proper the river, it wouldn't be improvable or passable, but it would be fine to run.

Yes I can just ignore the fact the river is one river and make it just like any other Natural Wonder, but I don’t think that’s cool. Maybe the NW would be just the mouth of the river, it would be ok. Although I would like to see new “forms” of NW anyway. The Amazon Forest should not be one hex forest. It should be the biggest forest on the map. You would only get the happiness bonus when you see the first hex, but the yield bonus would be present on all of them (maybe science production which university).

One more suggestion: Iguazu Falls - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls

So, like the Great Barrier Reef, already in-game (except, that gives happiness bonuses for both tiles)? Except larger, of course.

I have to say I'm a sucker for natural wonders and their uniqueness. They do add really nice flavour (apart from the mythical ones). I think that maybe something like the Hindu Kush could be interesting, and could add something to gameplay as a terrain feature.

If El Dorado can be in,Shangri-La/Shambhala can be in too...
Shangri-La
+2 production,+5 culture,+5 research

I vote Wadden Sea

Would be a nice ocean-based coastal wonder. Could perhaps give 5 science and 2 production.

CYZ and Camikaze, updated.
Civciv5: Fair enough with the idea, since El dorado is already in, but that would be way overpowered. As it is, the new world wonders are often considered overpowered, and your suggestion is like 4 rolled into 1. Perhaps a new promotion, like the Fountain of Youth provides?

I arbitrarily added the Aurora Borealis to North America, since I know the Inuit had some beliefs associated with it.

I also added the Aurora Australis, +1 science and -1 culture from the Borealis.

CYZ and Camikaze, updated.
Civciv5: Fair enough with the idea, since El dorado is already in, but that would be way overpowered. As it is, the new world wonders are often considered overpowered, and your suggestion is like 4 rolled into 1. Perhaps a new promotion, like the Fountain of Youth provides?
Is this then too overpowered:+5 culture,+5 research?
Fountain of Youth gives +10 happiness=Shangri La gives 10:2=5,+5 culture and +5 research?

Well, when you consider El Dorado only gives 5 culture, and some gold, and no natural wonders gives that much science, it is still overpowered. Perhaps with 3 culture, 2 research, and a promotion?

I arbitrarily added the Aurora Borealis to North America, since I know the Inuit had some beliefs associated with it.

I also added the Aurora Australis, +1 science and -1 culture from the Borealis.

I suppose a good way to differentiate between the two is to have some penguins in the tundra below the Australis and a polar bear below the borealis.

Well, when you consider El Dorado only gives 5 culture, and some gold, and no natural wonders gives that much science, it is still overpowered. Perhaps with 3 culture, 2 research, and a promotion?
No.
I say that Shangri-La deserves 5 culture and 5 science/research,it's a legendary,magnificient and great city with huge temples and advanced technology.
Accept it...there will be NO promotion.

No.
I say that Shangri-La deserves 5 culture and 5 science/research,it's a legendary,magnificient and great city with huge temples and advanced technology.
Accept it...there will be NO promotion.

There doesn't have to be a promotion, it was just a suggestion. Its just that, with your current suggestion, that would be the most powerful NW in the game (excluding maybe the barrier reef, but, probably still most powerful). The idea is to come up with a balanced suggestion.

I suppose a good way to differentiate between the two is to have some penguins in the tundra below the Australis and a polar bear below the borealis.

Well, that would work. If I understand correctly, though, the Australis is mostly a different color than the Borealis. Not that most people could probably pick that up playing the game, but still.

The colours mainly depend on what element the solar particles are hitting - so Greenish-red if they hit Oxygen (Most common) and Red with occasional Blue (Blue is rarest) if they hit Nitrogen. I think both are predominantly green, with red possibly being slightly more common in the Aurora Australis. I think just have 'Aurora' as one, but like the Great Barrier reef have the chance for two on either pole. Otherwise you could have the Aurora Australis in the north or vice versa.

Top Bottom