NDNESV: Another God One

Abaddon/Abaddon - Chaos

Today is the last day for orders. I suggest you guys get them in or some unfortunate things could happen.

Did you receive my orders?

As I said in LINESIII, I've been preparing for exams, and haven't found the time to put thinking power elsewhere.

The Charites (Chair-re-ites) were a strong people who loved the ideas of a strong family and of honor. In their minds a man’s word was just as strong as any written contract or code of law. They were led by an elder’s council and a warrior chief, and were wary of the many gods vying for their worship. They decided to find a land free of the gods, if they could not find one, then they would fight for it. They raised a fleet of small vessels to leave the god-crowded mainland to find a new home.

Altru’s deep brown eyes fluttered open as the sunrise peaked over the window of his mountaintop cabin. He lightly stepped out of his bed, stretched his arms above his head and let out a slight yawn. He stepped outside the small cabin and looked upon his realm of Atrium, it was beautiful, the open plains, the crystal clear blue oceans and the amazing waterfall flowing down the side of his mountain, however this did not mean that he was happy. He remembered back when he lived in the void, he thought of his son Xelo, and that this realm was just a hobby to fill the void after his son had left him to take his own path.
Then he felt it. He sensed the Charites over the horizon, he was curious about these “people”. The people were looking for a new home, away from the gods. He then realized that this was his chance to fill the void and to help them in their journey.

The elders and the chief kissed the beautiful white beaches when they landed on Atrium. They were tired of traveling; this beautiful land was going to be their home. They called all of the spirit healers and magic men to give their input and the answer was unanimous. There was a god in the realm, and he was at the peak of the mountain at its center.
The elders, after much debate charged the chief to make the realm “safe from the horror of gods forever more.” The chief assembled a specialized war party of 12 warriors and 12 magic man and spirit healers and headed to the mountain.
The party ascended the mountain, but they were not ready for the ice near the peak, a healer began to show symptoms of frostbite but the party ventured on. Surprisingly at the zenith of the Grand Mountain there was not a snowflake to be found, all they found was a cabin surrounded by soft grass, a path leading from the single pass to the top to the singular structure to a gorgeous garden and an amazing view of the entire realm.
“Fan out, hide before that devil returns and prepare for the signal to strike,” said the chief, and the group dispersed in the garden, the near frozen member was carried there too.
“Why it is so warm up here?” said the chief to a healer.
“The god must be keeping it warm on his own,” replied the spiritual expert.
“Correct, you are a very knowledgeable people,” said Altru. The god stood in front of the garden and behind the chief. The chief whipped around and raised his sword,
“We have been searching for a land free of gods but to no avail, this land now belongs to us and our children. You now have a choice, leave or die.”
“Well, let me introduce myself, my name is Altru the god of kindness. This is my realm, as I created it, so no, I will not leave. I would like to speak to your elders to negotiate us living together.”
“I warned you, prepare to die Altru” said the chief charging at full speed towards the divine being, his sword leading the way. The god deflected the sword, knocking it out of the hands of the chief, and caught the muscular veteran, stopping him in his tracks without a flinch.
“Please stop, I only wish to speak with your elders and tell you men in my garden I am quite aware they are there, so they don’t have to hide.” He pushed the man away with very little effort.
And in that instant a young warrior jumped out and stabbed Altru in the back, the god didn’t bother to turn around. In that instant the god exploded into a flock of doves and flew to the cabin. Then he reassembled himself, beginning to look tired he said
“You cannot hurt me, but if you continue I may be forced to hurt you. Wait perhaps this will work…” He walked into the garden, the warriors hiding their fled, leaving behind there frostbitten comrade. He picked up the healer and carried her in front of his cabin. He whispered a few words in her ear and she seemed to give a sigh of relief, he then put her down on the grass and walked back to the chief. It seemed that the woman had been healed.
“Please, I only wish to meet with your elders. Take me as your prisoner if you must. I will not harm your people. I give you my word,” said the god humbly.
The chief pondered what had just happened, and then he put the god in chains and began the descent down the mountain.

When the party returned to the Charities, a basic city had been contrasted out of the boats which got them to the island. After a long discussion with the elders, Altru convinced the people that he was the god of kindness. The elders not only agreed to live peacefully with Altru but pledge themselves to him. They accepted him as their god and pledged to help him in serving themselves and the other peoples of the world. Altru had gotten his people, and the Charites had received their god.

To: The gods and peoples of this world.

I have called all of my followers to serve others for 3 years outside of my realm. I wish to send them out as missionaries to serve, teach, heal the other peoples of this world. If you hold a special knowledge we would like to study it, in exchange my people will labor and serve you and your followers. We hope to spread the virtues of charity and kindness worldwide.

To: Altru

Father, I shall give your people the ability to study the artic in exchange for your missionary labour. Consider it a done deal.

Thank you, perhaps you can share your secret of radish farming with them.:lol:

I am coming to your realm to start a garden there and there I will teach chosen members of your followers. Do not worry about sending missionary workers to my house; I have no need of them.

I am coming to your realm to start a garden there and there I will teach chosen members of your followers. Do not worry about sending missionary workers to my house; I have no need of them.

Thank you, if you need anything during your stay, I will see that you get it. All you need to do is ask.

OOC:
Name: Khuqua
Title: God of the Forge, Lord of Runes
Strength: Pathetic
Health: No problems.
Description: A tall, sturdy human. His facial features resemble those of a DnD dwarf, with a big, red beard.
He allways has his trusty hammer with him, and is quite agressive if you discuss politics in his forge.

Hope this'l do. :)

Update 2- Roadtrip
Years 1-5

In this strange and wonderful existence, there are gods and goddesses that seemed destined for the roles of hero and villain. However, these last few years have shown that you cannot judge a book by its cover, nor a god by his portfolio. But more on that later. We shall begin looking at the goings on in the far south, land of Xelo.

Well, to be honest only one manner of importance has occurred in these frozen lands. A gigantic cave has risen from the snows, a strange breathing noise emanating from it. A few of Xelo's followers have risked a trek over to the cave to investigate, only to never emerge from it again. Xelo has coined it the "Cave of No Return", which seems fitting for something that, well, no seems to return from.

Altru was just about as active in his realm, simply using his divine powers to help his followers grow crops. While somewhat boring, you have to admit that food is kinda important for everyone. There was a small migration of mortals to his realm, seeking a godless land. Dead set on cleansing the island of its god, they attempted to end Altru. But their small warband was no match for the god, who managed to convince them of his good intentions. Eventually the new arrivals settled down on the island, just as carefree and peaceful as the rest of its inhabitants. After a couple bountiful harvests, Altru bade his followers farewell as he began his journey to Winoceros's realm for the "Kickstart To Creation Bash".

To the north, Boos, the God of the Sun, figured he needed more people to bow to him. Thus, he made the men of his realm more fertile, and enchanted the crops of his lands to be more bountiful. Somewhere in the midst of this baby boom scheme, Boos created nearly 50 metal monstrosities, bearing humanoid features, but measuring in at about 10 feet tall. They can also shoot lazers out of their eyes, which helps them kill those who are faster than them (aka anyone with working legs) They've proved to be great at guarding Boos's realm, and have inspired fear and awe into many in his realm.

Deep beneath the southern waters, the mighty Araisa once again displayed his great might. A massive tidal wave many miles long slammed into the coastline to the north. While this killed a few people (understatement), it also did what it was supposed to: scare people into worshiping Araisa. Now almost the entire coastline bordering Araisa's waters is bowing to the Sea God. This includes former Boos and Bhaelros worshipers, causing a little friction between the Sea God and his land neighbors.

However, not all is doom and gloom along the coastlines. Huge schools of fish wander blindly into the nets of fishermen worshiping Araisa, while beautiful pearls are found in clams all along the beaches. While fear may have made them start worshiping Araisa, kindly gifts are making them continue. After all, who would choose a tidal wave over all you can eat seafood?

Far above the oceans, and equally far away from them is the Akrelian Keep, home of Allas Athaniel. The God of Justice has instructed his followers to great pillars filled with the power of Allas Athaniel throughout the land. These Codex Pillars, as Allas calls them, can grant a limited amount of magical power to the followers of Allas Athaniel. This has allowed his influence to spread steadily, with Codex Pillars providing both a place to worship, and a place to gain power to smite non-believers.

Allas Athaniel has granted a few of his most devote followers huge amounts of power, the essence of Allas Athaniel making them far mightier than any regular human. These men, known as High Magistrates, have lead many armies and migrations to the lands surrounding the Akrelian Keep, founding cities and raising Codex Pillars at a rapid rate. They have repeatedly clashed with the horsemen of the northern plains, although so far most of the small cities have withstood their raids.

To the southeast of the brilliant Akrelian Keep and the surrounding Codex Pillars is a land far more woeful and less orderly. The great mists of the Nameless One sweep over the Obsidian Plains, driving their inhabitants to the brink of insanity. Horrors and strange visions greet those trapped in its ethereal grasp. Recently strange beings known as Mistforms have begun to appear within and even near the borders of the Mist. Their intentions are unknown, and many believe them to simply just be more illusions. But while the other visions vary from giant monsters to departed loved ones, the Mistforms have appeared regularly to multiple people.

All along the border to the Nameless One's land people are being drawn towards the Mist. Those who have suffered traumatic experiences move towards the Nameless One's lands with a blank stare. This strange phenomena is called "The Urge". The Urge appears to be spreading throughout other lands, especially the ones to the north. The fighting between the followers of Allas Athaniel and the plains people has created plenty of shell shocked warriors eager to seek the embrace of the Mist.

To the south, Malahandra has forged a great enchanted bow, with a quiver of blessed arrows and sent it to the plains people of the north. With their constant struggle against the Magistrates, they have appealed to Malahandra, asking for aid to turn back these invaders. This bow has found its way into the hands of their greatest warrior, who has already claimed the lives of 2 Magistrates and countless soldiers. It is said that a shot from the bow can knock down entire sections of wall easily.

Other than that, Malahandra simply turned into her basic giant bird form and flew off to get drunk over at Winoceros's place.

Clianus, God of Scholars, has sent a handful of prophets and wisemen to neighboring lands, spreading their faith by backing it up with their immense stores of knowledge. Those who display a great deal of knowledge and skill, particularly in fighting, is made into a Sentinel. These individuals, upon death, have their souls hastily shoved back into their bodies. This allows them to still serve Clianus, with only mild decomposition problems.

Far to the southeast is the land of Evredu, where a rather interesting experiment has taken place. It seems as though he has taken interest in the frogs in his land and modified them to emit a infrasonic rumble when another god approaches. This serves as sort of a silent alarm for Evredu in case another deity tries anything funny...while he is over at Winoceros's place getting wasted.

Bronach seems to have fallen to pieces so to speak (har har har), for he has fragmented into different personalities. While these fragments of himself are rather unstable and prone to doing rather drastic things to his own realm, some of them are rather calm and collected, repairing the damage the others have done. In the end they are keeping one another in check... while the sorrowful, fatalist, and compassionate one get wasted at Winoceros's realm.

Athu on the other hand is simply content to tend to his realm, as well as visiting the realms of Allas Athaniel and Altru. The former has even made a hospital in his city for him to heal the many inhabitants of the Akrelian Keep. He has been welcomed in nearly every land you can think of, and many mortals have incorporated him into their religions. This has made him the second most widespread god in terms of worshipers, second only to Eian.

While a multitude of gods are traveling existence getting drunk or doing good deeds, no such nonsense is being done by the Void. It has been on the move, heading northwest before disappearing into the dark nothingness that bordered its formal location. No one knows the exact location of it, although its presence can certainly still be felt by the other gods.

However, The Void has shown that it is capable of more than just destruction and movement. It has taken the souls of those that would normally go and be absorbed into it, and shove them back into a mortal body, essentially making that person an extension of the void. These beings wander the lands near The Void, approaching small settlements and simply sending it into The Void via a smaller temporary void. This has lead to many of the mortals in Bhaelros's realm to be rather xenophobic, often killing lone wanderers for fear of them being an extension of The Void.

And while some fear the Void, others are beginning to worship it. Small cults are forming around the world, tomes crafted by the Void convincing them that The Void is a keeper of balance. This is appealing to some of the more far away cultures, but the people near the Void have seen it and its extensions wipe out whole villages, and would rather curse it than worship it.

And now we come to the land of Eian. Upon hearing of the party in Winoceros's realm, him, Bhaelros, and Seret agreed to meet him and go along with. And so Eian took the form of a raven and glided across the realms of Sy and Clianus, causing no harm whatsoever.

Soon he landed in the realm of Seret. Seret had recently finished creating his illusion pillars. While Allas claimed that they were rip offs, they were very much different, causing those to get near them to see illusions. They caused chaos and distress, not order. It was perfect for the Trickster God.

But anyways, Seret and Eian ventured to Bhaelros's realm. The God of Destruction descended his mountain and joined them as they made their way to the realm of Xautaur. While many would have to be insane to go into the dark realm of Xautaur, the three gods were confident that their numbers would allow them to defeat any obstacle. Well, things didn't go that smoothly. For within the Asylum of Xautaur, a titanic monster had been created. A thousand beasts and deranged madmen had been sewn together, each one retaining their own depraved instincts and minds. It was a horror that drives mortals insane just upon seeing it. It was the Beast With One Thousand Faces.

As the trio traveled across the Shadowlands, the Beast emerged from the Asylum, howling in a thousand voices. It blocked their path, daring them to move forward. Bhaelros let out a laugh, and prepared to charge forward, but was stopped when he noticed something. Well, a lot of somethings. For all around them, hidden in fog was a host of small humanoid beings. They walked on all fours, twitching and screeching with each step. They giggled, laughed, and cried as they encircled the the gods. Finally, Xautaur began to assault the psyches of the two trickster gods. Shadows danced before them, Bhaelros melted into nothingness, and a thousand impossibilities greeted their eyes.

However, Bhaelros was still very much sane and alive. With a roar he charged the Beast, giving it a sturdy punch to the biggest face he could find. He found the other faces not too happy with this, a thousand fangs biting down on his hand and arm. Seeking to free himself of the Beast's grip, he swung his arm in the air (with the Beast still holding onto it), before finally slamming it into the ground. The Beast finally let go, but the damage was done. Bhaelros's right arm had chunks of flesh hanging off of it, and blood was pouring onto the ground. With the taste and smell of blood filling its mind, the Beast lunged at Bhaelros. However, Bhaelros still had two perfectly healthy legs. Dropping onto his back, he brought up his legs and kicked the Beast mid-lunge, sending it flying into the air. Before it could land, he hopped to his feet and hurled a bolt of lightening towards it, illuminating the dark sky on impact. With a roar of pain, the Beast descended to the Earth, reeking of burning flesh. However, its breath could still be heard, and Bhaelros was not eager to see if it was going to get back up.

Turning around, he was met with an almost comical sight. To the left he saw Eian shapeshifting at an incredible rate, making it almost impossible for the creatures surrounding him to get a hold of him. One minute a huge bull was kicking them in the face, the other a tiny rabbit was screaming as it ran underneath them. To the right Seret was screaming "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE" while running around in circles, swinging his arms around wildly. Around him the creatures inched forward, but then backed up when they saw one of their own get trampled rather viciously.

Finally Bhaelros knocked them both out and drug them out of the Shadowlands, swinging their unconscious bodies at the creatures when needed. Eventually they made it out and were greeted by the blasting winds of Caman's realm. Caman greeted them, offering them a place to rest and dress their wounds. The trio promptly told him there was no time. Bhaelros bandaged his arm up the other two just tried to ignore the fact that inanimate objects appeared to keep trying to talk to them. Caman accompanied them to the mountain chain separating his realm from Nerdothil's.

Following them were thousands of warriors from the wastelands of Caman.

Bhaelros roared, slamming his left hand onto the ground. The earth shook violently, the already badly shaken Eian and Seret falling to the ground. Caman merely smirked as the mountain in front of him came crumbling down. Soon the whole thing had been turned to rubble. the Camanic warriors poured through the breach in the mountain chain, seeking the new rich lands behind it. However, as the came halfway through the breech, Nerdothil appeared, prepared to defend his land against intrusion.

Nerdothil and a few of his warriors charged the invaders, slaying a great many of them. However, their numbers and savageness eventually overcame Nerdothil's mortal warriors, leaving Nerdothil to fight 4 gods and a host of barbaric warriors. Initially Nerdothil was able to easily slay the mortals that were set against him, but eventually the other gods began to involve themselves in the fight. Seret and Eian hit him when he wasn't looking, Bhaelros would cause the ground underneath him to shift, and Caman blasted him with icy winds. Finally, sensing the battle was ultimately unwinnable, Nerdothil focused his might into creating an intense light around his body, blinding his godly assailants temporarily (and his mortal ones permanently). This allowed him to escape and regroup with his warriors.

As Caman and Nerdothil continued their fight against one another, Bhaelros, Eian, and Seret finally made their way to Winoceros's realm. They sat down, and enjoyed their drinks. They were the first ones to arrive, and awaited the arrival of the others.

Bronach's fragments waltzed in second, having a rather easy time getting there compared to everyone else. Malahandra arrived next, having simply flown over the realms in her way. Evredu came in shortly after, having just finished up messing with his frogs.

At this same time, Araisa was washing through the Shadowlands on a tidal wave. Having heard the tales of the nightmares of the realm, just closed his eyes and plowed on through until it was over. Behind him he left a trail of rather wet Nightmare Beasts (that's the name of those little humanoid things). Altru attempted to get through the Shadowlands, but the Beast had blocked his path. Obviously not having the same amount of martial prowess as Bhaelros, Altru opted to simply turn tail and run for it. He did cure a few people of their insanity on his way out though. On his way back home he saw Xelo on his way to the party. He bade him not to go, telling him of the Beast. Xelo moved insisted on going, saying that he could handle the Beast. However, as he moved towards the Shadowlands, Xautaur began to assault his mind, and he backed down and returned home.

And so everyone who wanted to make it besides Altru had found a way to make it. Everyone grabbed a drink and was merry, playing all sorts of games, telling jokes, and accidentally killing mortals who got in the way of their merrymaking. Winoceros laughed most of all, being the prestigious host of this grand party. His mortal followers hauled in keg after keg to keep the party going. But finally, Winoceros himself hauled in the final one.

"And now, the greatest of my wines!" He announced. The gods and goddesses roared with excitement. He poured them each a glass and gave a toast to their good health. The gods and goddesses drank it up. Something about it tasted funny. His vision slowly going blurry, but his sense of taste still acute, Evredu finally yelled in horror. They had been drugged.

But it was too late. They were all blacking out, slipping in and out of consciousness. Rage filled their hearts, their eyes turning red with hate. Winoceros laughed as Malahandra punched Araisa in the face, only to be thrown across the room by Bhaelros, who in turn got a kick to both sides of the head by Seret and Eian. The different fragments of Bronach bickered with one another, finally ending in a teary slap-fest. Eventually Seret got thrown through a wall, and the enraged gods poured out of the building as Winoceros rolled on the ground laughing. Evredu and Bronach ran south and west to their realms.

Bronach proceeded to with himself for a good 3 days before the rest of him could subdue the drugged portion of him. Evredu on the other hand ended up swimming across Nerdothil's Sea, smashing into a few islands along the way. He then continued swimming, even after the water had clearly stopped. He finally stopped only after having swam through his realm, causing a huge trench to form in his realm.

The other mass of gods ran north, first smashing through a large group of Nerdothil's armies, then a bunch of Caman's. Bhaelros, driven with bloodlust, charged Caman when he tried to calm him. Caman sidestepped, but Bhaelros just kept running, smashing into one of the mountains in the north. Luckily, the impact had knocked him out. Unluckily, he had smashed into one of the most populated settlements in Caman's realm.

Eian and Seret, now with both mental scars and the drug in their heads, ran full speed through Caman's realm towards the Shadowlands. The Beast was ready once more to face these two, but this time Bhaelros wasn't here to save them. Sadly, the Beast was denied his victory, as Malahadra attacked it on sight, screeching in her bird form. While he was distracted the two tricksters got away, and Malahadra eventually flew away herself. Araisa simply rode another tidal wave through the Shadowlands. However, instead of going to his realm, he struck north towards the realm of Arganet. There hegot a hold of ever mortal he could and held their heads underwater. Finally he called up the water from the rivers that ran through the realm and heaved them at a temple of Arganet, sending it crashing into a river. Satisfied with the destruction he caused, he headed home, ripping random passers to shreds.

Eian beelined straight for Seret's realm, while Seret went directly to Eian's. Both believed they were at their correct realms, and proceeded to kill everyone they could find in sick twisted ways. It wasn't until the drug finally wore off did they move back to their respective realms. Seret found his treasure to be scattered around his realm, soaked with blood, and Eian found his room at Boos's place stuffed with dead people with their intestines wrapped around their necks.

Malahadra arrived at her realm, attacking anyone in sight, guilty or not of any wrong doing. Her people hid in the caves near her canyon, hoping that their terrible god would snap out of it or go away. Eventually Malahadra snapped out of if, only to find everyone in her realm either dead or half starved in the caves.

Hearing of all of this, Altru laughed uneasily at his luck and continued to improve his own realm, building another city for his followers. He also urged his followers to serve at least 3 years as missionaries, but understandably, few wanted to venture out of the safety of Altru's realm.

Meanwhile, Abaddon created 100 imp creatures, whose job isn't so much to cause direct harm to someone so much as it is to insert dangerous thoughts into one's mind. They have traveled far and wide, causing many to abandon their gods (especailly the ones that got drugged) and venture to the Shadowlands or the Mist. Abaddon also took a beautiful woman, and enchanted her to appear even more beautiful to any man, causing them to fall in love with her instantly. She was sent south to the land of Clianus, where she has caused many a scholar to abandon all reason and simply fight over her. Everyday more and more men are leaving the libraries and universities to fight over who shall have this marvelous woman.

During all of this chaos, a dark rider has been seen. A woman, upon a skeletal horse. She carries with her a dead child, embracing the tiny form like any mother would with a child. She rides through the lands of other gods, stealing the lives of children and spreading terror and fear throughout the lands she visits. She is the Lady of the Shadows, one of the most terrifying servants of Xautaur.

And amidst all of this chaos and mayhem, a new god has been born. Khuqua, God of Runes and the Forge has risen near the realms of Evredu and Bronach. his home is a great mountain, covered in enchanted rooms. They pulsate, radiating the power of this newcomer god. Will he be able to gain a foothold in a new world fraught with chaos and destruction?

OOC: There. I typed it all today, so there are likely going to be some spelling errors and stuff. Please tell me if there is anything really terrible so I can fix it.

@Kal You're in that dark area to the northwest of your original location. If I interpreted your orders, then PM me.

@Everyone: I'm not getting stats up tonight, but I can likely get the map up. I also want to ask if any of you think we should just do away with stats. They seem kinda useless, and I don't really like the whole strength stat. I could just have a character list so everyone know who is who, lightly mod this and tell you guys if you're doing something wrong, and give you your updates. Thoughts?

Map:
Spoiler :

The red little things are just the bloody footsteps of the gods that had rampaged through the armies of Nerdothil and Caman. Not too many changes occurred on the map, and those that did are relatively minor and unimportant. And those that are important can probably be figured out by reading the update. If you have any questions though, ask me.

What happened in Winoceros's realm, or on his drugs, stays in his realm. This we can all agree to.

Agreed, oh and Eian, you may want to clean your closet, or better yet don't open it, lock it, and throw it into the ocean.

Also I think we need to come up with a better means of traveling across the world.

To: Concerned Deities

Your wanton attack upon me, my lands, and the mortals within them has been noted. None of you shall be permitted to enter the lands I have placed under my guidance, and there shall be erected a great wall to prevent again such an intrusion. You have been warned.

Boos The Mighty is greatly displeased by the actions of Araisa. Those who have naively begun whorshiping you shall meet the true wrath and judgement of Boos. Hear me now. You shall no longer sway the ignorant and weak to your will for Boos shall cull those wolves who threaten his flock.

Top Bottom