Need testers for new editor

And if an enemy land/naval unit moves onto their square they're instantly destroyed, unless they're given 0 defense and hidden nationality.

I think 0 defense and no hidden nationality means that - provided the attacking land/naval civ has the needed technology, and provided it is available to that civ - the air unit will be captured instead.

No, it's not captured. Both units are overlaid and you remain in command of it. Unless it's on a city tile (or airfield or plane carrier) in which case, so sorry, you're screwed and you lose it.

No, it's not captured. Both units are overlaid and you remain in command of it. Unless it's on a city tile (or airfield or plane carrier) in which case, so sorry, you're screwed and you lose it.
Or if it's a Barbarian entering the same tile as your Def.0/Hidden Nat. unit, then you lose it too.

You do? I've never seen that one happen before.

Hmmm, I think it's because the barbarians can never capture any units with 0 defense like workers and settlers.

Pretty sure I've captured a 0 defense air unit when taking a city with a land unit. I've definitely captured 0 defense sea units that way.

Captured Sea units? I've only ever destroyed them, but I hardly ever use 0 def sea units.

Yep, so long as:
a) They don't have defense
b) They aren't king units
c) They aren't hidden nationality and
d) You have the appropriate tech and the sea unit is available to you.

It's a great feature for ship hulls that upgrade.

Edit: Thanks for that link, Quintillus. I had no idea there was a newer version within the thread itself. It corrects all the problems I've had since moving to windows 7.

hi. i downloaded ur editor ut it doesn work.

i guess i have the wrong framework from microsoft. ...

but what exactly do i have to download there? do i have to place the editor itself in a special folder?

im sure i've overseen a point.

thanks for help

i use win xp and got the error message : unable to find a version of the runtime to run this aplication.

i already downloaded :Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 F# Runtime 2.0
and: Microsoft .NET Framework 4

thanks for advice

Currently, my Windows laptop with your editor is out of commission, but I am working to get it back up. However, I do have a Mac laptop with runs Windows XP very nicely under Parallels. Are you back up and running yet, and if so, what will I need to run the editor properly under XP. I like Quintillus' editor, but yours is also very good to use.

I like to alphabetize my civilizations and this always requires a lot of re-work right now because the only way to change the order of civilizations is to change Rome to something and then change the next Civ to something else, etc... through all 31 civilizations. So it'd be nice if we could switch the order of the civs somehow.

So it'd be nice if we could switch the order of the civs somehow.

You actually can - both with buildings, units, civs and other lists. Rightclick at the list and make sure "Sort by creation order" is checked. Then you must set an insertion point from the same rightclick menu. Then you can highlight one or more entries and select "Move selected xxxxx after insertion point".

Hope this answers your question.

Top Bottom