1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Needing more Strategic Resources

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Illuminous, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I had to some things to do. I got both files, CivAssist II I already have, it was only the CRp Suite I couldn't download. Thanks so much!. :thumbsup:

2. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

I did not even notice that both were in that folder. good luck.

3. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

I installed CRpSuite, it works great. I've got all my Civ3 files backed up to my 2GB ATP ToughDrive now. :D

Attached Files:

4. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

Oh, by the way, I got my coal in Ican territory next to the America's, it was owed by America. I don't have it in my new game yet.

5. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Incan you must have a new map then, they were not in the original one. CRP is a very solid app and was great. CAII is just much better and once it came out I rarely used the other.

6. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

Oops, I meant the Aztec's. :blush:

CivAssist II is an all-in-one program, CRp is segmented.

What happy face mod do you use?, there's several of them.

Looking closer at the images you sent me, where are all the roads and rubble?. The American's have all that land covered early on. It's 1570AD and the land hasn't even been worked.

7. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

You never told me what "BB", "CA" and "DD" stands for.

8. Snarkhunter

Snarkhunter Chieftain

Battleship, cruiser, and destroyer, if memory serves.

kk

9. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Battleship, Cruiser and Destroyer, I believe.

10. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Yes those are the USN designations, I spent nearly 6 yrs in the navy.

11. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

The Americans are gone now, I didn't stop attacking them until they were all gone (no mercy). I have to fill out the land with cities now. I gonna kick the Zulu's off my continent next, they have five cities on it.

Year: 1685AD
    Gold: 2417 (1st)
    Cities: 101 (1st)
    Land: 1126 (1st)
    Population: 566 (1st)
    Science: 90%
    Units: 268
    Explored tiles: 100%
    Workers: 12
    Slaves: 46

Musketmen: 92
    Cavalry: 35
    Immortals: 12
    Artillery: 11
    Infantry: 8
    Spearmen: 7
    Settler: 7
    Pikemen: 4
    Frigate: 4
    Galleon: 4
    Army: 4

CivAssist II doesn't list how many Crusaders and Ancient Cavalry you have.

Theory of Evolution - Built in 1625AD
    The Pentagon - Under contruction, 14 turns left

I really like MapStat, except for the fact that there's no info about your military. I don't get any slow down with it either.

Attached Files:

12. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

I was wrong about the coal, Japan own's it, not the Aztec's. In the game before I restarted at 4000BC, the Aztec's had owned that land.

What happy face mod do you recommend VMXA?, there's more than one.

13. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

This one :

Civilization II Conquests expansion pack
    Population heads with mood badges
    Nov 7, 2003
    for Civilization III Conquests expansion pack

Modified by CivFan user Puppeteer for C3C.

14. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

Attached Files:

15. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

BTW I did go ahead and play out to conquest of all towns. A lot of work.

16. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

... Yeah, it's alot of land to fill!.

I haven't really been playing Civ3C that much, I've been testing out various mods.

I'm not using snoopy's irrigation because the squares run into the ocean/sea/rivers and lakes. They kinda look like cinnamon toast crunch in the plains and desert. Not all irrigation squares fill the tile either. You send workers there only to find out it's already been improved.

I'm making 206 gold from taxmen, as you can see image #4.

There's alot more cities that are corrupt in Monarchy, than there is using Communism. I had more productive cities using Communism than with Monarchy. WTKD day doesn't seem to help corruption, as far as I can tell.

Is there any mods that you would recommend?.

Attached Files:

17. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Mods to do what? Change corruption, terrain? I would say just look over the stuff in the creation forum and see what suits your wants.

I never pay any attention to corruption. I just use the core to produce troops and all the rest are going to be farms and they can 100%, it does not matter to me. A scientist get 3 beakers regardless.

No matter what teh F1 shows for corruption, I could care less. Commie just tricks you into building stuff in middling towns. I do not want to a) research it b) revolt again.

18. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

1670AD: I agree to trade Medicine to Alex and got all his optional techs and map. I mainly wanted to see the land as it is shared by Arabia.
    1680AD: Finally got a leader from a tank. Start on Miniature.

1695AD: going down the western edge of the Arabia coast. Will swing east at the bottom. Got another leader.

In spite of the fact that I have more than 3x their pop and more than 2x their land and 4x the towns and have taken down some of their towns, they are still quite a bit ahead of me in culture, yeah so what.
    1730AD: leader.
    1745AD: Held two cities that had Bach and Magel. Held another to gain furs.

1780AD: Funny Japan and Arbia sign MPP, that should help them. They are already at war with the same nation (me).
    1782AD: removed Arabia from their continent. They have a few junk towns after they gave me 4 of towns. I abandon the 4 towns. I made peace with them and Japan, even though Arabia would have to DOW. I just figured it was too much trouble to keep bombing Japan. Will attack Greece as soon as the rails are up to the new front, 1 or 2 turns.

Greece 40, Japan 36, Aztec 11, Arabia 6 and Persia 188.

1798AD: took a lot longer to get the rails there and remove the workers. I now have Espionage and a spy on Greece.
    9 settlers
    5 workers (they have massive jungle and swamps)
    6 swords
    1 LB
    10 knights
    32 rifles
    5 galleons
    59 hops
    4 mdi

Me:
    5 settlers
    33 workers
    66 cav
    11 inf
    12 tanks
    37 mechs
    44 MA
    7 transports
    6 DD
    5 bombers
    2 jets
    14 armies
    1 guerilla
    5 cruisers
    14 crusaders
    135 slaves
    8 AC
    17 TOW

Not really looking forward to slogging through all the jungles.
    Two still in Middle Ages. Arabia still not learned Steam. Greece has Steam and Nat, plus Medicine that I traded them. I have 11 of the 7 Modern techs, with Laser due in 3.

I DOW Alex, dial up Toku and give PP for MA. Dial up Montie and do the same. Arabia I leave out as I do not want to give them any techs and Japan may drag them in anyway.

Razed the only town I can reach.

IBT: Arabia DOW's Greece. I probably could win the vote next turn, if I tried. All are at war with Greece who would be my opposition.

1806AD: Greece down to 28 towns now. I start some space parts just for grins.
    1808AD had to switch off the parts as the game just locked up??? I always got a crash from a launch anyway.
    1812AD: I see the AI is lame as ever. Greece has 8 towns on an island and Arabia has one, but they have not taken it down?

1820AD: Removed Greek towns up to the Arabian choke at Khurasan. They have 18 towns now. Will have to DOW Arabia as soon as I get the rails to the coast. Peace deal ends next turn anyway. Rush 13 settlers.
    1828AD: Down to one town on the on the continent, so I MA with Japan against Arbia to see, if they can remove them from their land.

53% of land 80% of pop 226 towns Az and Japan still in Middle Ages.

1830AD: cleared the continent. Arabia 3 towns and Greece 11, Az 12 and Japan 37.
    1834AD: Sending out a small group to get the one Arabian town on the third continent. Already landed a small group to get the tiny island. A larger force of 9 armies to land on medium island. That will take out the other Arabian town and the final Greek towns. Sold off the factories as I am not going to make anything else, except the capitol.
    Start the last tech next turn.

1840AD: DOW Montie.
    1842AD: Arabia gone. Greece is at 6 towns. I am not making any settlers.
    1844AD: Doing 4 turn research on the optional techs at 0%, just because we can.
    1850AD: Greece is gone. Japan 39 and Az 9 towns. I have all lands, except the one continent now.

1854AD: Montie has 8 towns all in the tip of the continent in tundra.
    1864AD: Taking forever to get the boats to Az land. Have 60% now, could have used libs to get to 66, but not my style.
    1872AD: finally land on Montie's shores. Got to love the AI. Three Wines in the whole world and they have not hooked up 2 of them.

1886AD: Az gone.
    1892AD: switched all scientist to tax, sold lib/uni. All techs known.
    1894AD: DOW and raze 5 towns.
    1902AD: 23 towns left. They are still in the Middle Ages. Razed capitol.
    24 spears
    5 pikes
    4 LB
    8 muskets
    3 cavs
    32 sami
    17 mdi

I have 19 armies, but I did not send over the 5 cav armies. Two MA armies only just arrived. They were covering possible attacks.

1906AD: 16 towns. I disband all workers I capture.

1910AD: Leader forms 20th. 10 towns left. No roads in most areas.
    1912AD: Finished Shakes. I saw Japan was making it and figured why not? They have 7 towns. I only lack Wines, which I should have connected next turn.

I have to give them a tiny bit of credit. As towns were being burned, they did send off 23 Sami to hit my poorly defended beach head. I dispatched 3 armies to cut them down. Just sit on the road and forced them off, kill and repeat. They had send out 19 MDI, but they never got out of box. Ran right into an MA armies.

10 spears
    2 LB
    1 musket
    5 sami
    8 mdi

1914AD they have 6 spears, 1 musket and 7 mdi. 3 towns. I used a Stealth Bomber on some barbs, very funny. Picket the area so no barbs can pop up to cutoff the wines that have 1 tile left to road.
    1916AD: 1 town 3 mdi and 3 spears. Wines connected and protected.

1918AD: game hung at the Magnificent screen, always does, since I moved to Win7?

19. Illuminous

Illuminous Chieftain

I'm not refering to mods that modify gameplay, just, graphics, units, etcetera - like in the pics.

Stick to Windows XP. ;)

20. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

There are a ton of graphics out there, some very cool ones. Mostly for town/cities that are well done. I have not use any of those, but they look great.