Negotiations with MIA

Following letter was sent, with the image from the previous page:

Dear MIA,

Thank you for your letter. We have read with interest your exposition on base tech cost. As you surely know, there are more factors to a techs value than its base cost, but we understand your position.
Concerning our previous meeting, it was our impression that this meeting was to deal with possible tech trades. You will hopefully understand that our representative was not amused to discover that MIA's ambassador didn't seem to know what MIA's tech position was, or even what MIA had available for trade. We do not consider such meetings useful unless representatives are reasonably well informed about the state of their own nation. That being said, we feel that MIA - Doughnut relations are best served by leaving the failure of this meeting behind us and turn our eyes to the future.

We are pleased to see that you have made some specific offers for trades. We are interested in trading Pottery for Bronze Working. Regrettably we cannot commit to a trade involving Writing right now, but we may do so in the near future. In the interest of any future deals, may we assume that all the techs listed on your side are actually in the possession of MIA?

In order to speed things up, we have enclosed Pottery as trade offer with the save. On your next turn, please add Bronze Working and accept. We will then accept next time the save comes to us.

Finally we would like to thank you for your beautiful flag design. As a return gift we send you a box of doughnuts, so that you have some use for your new pots.

Regards,
Team Doughnut

New message from MIA. Looks like we need an artist:

We await your signature ... then you send back and we can keep it in the place where special things are kept

Enjoyed Donuts :lol:

;-)

MIA

Attachments

• D-Nut 01 - 2520 BC.JPG
    D-Nut 01 - 2520 BC.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 122
Found a possible seal. It may need some cleaning up:

Attachments

• seal.gif
    seal.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 128
It's a good-un. Perhaps we could doctor it to say "Official Seal" instead of Safety Inspector and "mmmmmm Doughnuts" or something similar instead of the SNPP thing.

But even as is, I'd be happy to see it used! :D :lol:

Civman2004's ideas sound great! If anyone wants to, feel free to edit it. I'm not good at such things, unfortunately....

Great seal! Hehe, that Homer Simpson seal with the nuclear power plant blowing is really funny. Perhaps we should assign it to the defense department or anything involved with security, meaning "you can trust us" :lol:.

How about this? It can of course also be done without the "approved" stamp.

Attachments

• D-Nut 01 - 2520 BC version2.JPG
    D-Nut 01 - 2520 BC version2.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 112
Here's the one without the stamp:

Attachments

• D-Nut 01 - 2520 BC version1.JPG
    D-Nut 01 - 2520 BC version1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 97
The following has been received from MIA. In a separate note they requested the signed agreement image.

MIA email said:
Dear Rival

Team MIA have discussed at length the preferred method of diplomacy ...

The Proper Channels

1. An agenda will be sent via PM and e-mail to our team address = mtdgMIA AT gmail DOT com

2. We will then arrange a chat session if necessary via your assigned ambassadors

Peace to You and Your Team

Regards

Feaurius III
Foreign Minister

I've sent the last version of the agreement to MIA.

Over in the turn 35 thread I mentioned that tech cost shows that we could sell writing for a resource tech (IW / Wheel) plus a non-resource tech (CB / WC). So, do we want to go for the obvious (Wheel + WC) or something a little less obvious?

wheel and warrior code. we should be possibly be thinking about military at this time so these techs are important

Why not go for IW/Wheel. It would give us more ideas of where to place our next cities? You never know - they might be generous?

i would go for wc and wheel as it put us in a postion to go for horseback riding and get our mounted warriors into the game

It's a tough decision but I would not trade writing away yet, and hope to meet another civ first. If we trade it away now, then Greece can sell it on (I'm almost certain they know someone), and its value is largely or entirely lost. If we can hold on to it, then we may be able to get double or even triple value. Of course that means we'll have to research the wheel ourselves...

Btw, the values are: writing=8, wheel=4, wc=3. So writing for wheel+wc is not very good for us anyway.

EDIT: we have met Persia! Or they have met us, rather. Perhaps we can do some middle-trading too.

What about more agreements with M.I.A? They can be valuable friends.

Btw, the values are: writing=8, wheel=4, wc=3. So writing for wheel+wc is not very good for us anyway.
Dont go just off the values from their shoddy chart. Writing is a lot more valuable than their given relative tech values. Make em research it or play off Persia for a better deal. IW should drop next turn and Masonry is available. We can do a lot with that.

Top Bottom