Negotiations with MIA

I just got this message.

fe3333au said:
Dear zyxy of the Doughnuts

We have noticed the delay in sending the turn and are therefore concerned as to your health ...

Our Diplomat Emperor.Napoleon is very eager to chat with you ... can you make yourselves available to him via IC

or I am very much available on AIM (fe3333au)

So do not be shy we will bring the beverage of your choice if you bring a box or two of those delicious assorted donuts.

Yours sincerely

Feaurius III
Foreign Minister MIA

I sent a brief reply thanking them for the invitation, and saying I would pass it on to the team.

It seems more people got the same message. Maybe we should inform MIA of our preferred method of communication. We can just copy theirs :D.

I got the same message. Figure they know we met somebody hence the delay?

This was received in our gmail.
Date: 21-Sep-2005 16:13

Emperor Napolean said:
Hey Hey Hey

It's Emp. Napoleon, and I wanted to know if you guys just wanted to get together for a little chat, maybe talk a little techs if you are interested. I would like to speak as soon as possible. I will be around untill about 10:30 PST today, and from 3:15-10:30 PST tommarow. Please AIM or MSN me as soon as you get this message.

AIM: emperornapoloen
MSN: emperornapoloen@hotmail.com

Sincerly,
Ambassador Emp. Napoleon

We have received another PM from MIA:

Dear DaveShack of the Doughnuts

We are eager to resume talks and would appreciate an audience ... so please contact our representatives using any of the following methods ...

Our Diplomat Emperor.Napoleon is always available via PM or IC.

I too am at your service and very much available on AIM (fe3333au)

Yours sincerely

Feaurius III
Foreign Minister MIA

Once again I would like to call on all our citizens to volunteer to be ambassador, and in a feeble attempt to encourage takers :D I will nominate soon-to-be-ex-turnplayer DaveShack, citizen-currently-without-a-job killercane, and ambassador-to-TNT-who-may-not-have-a-lot-to-do-for-the-moment Robi D.

In the meantime, here is a draft letter to MIA, please comment.

Dear friends,

Our apologies for not replying sooner to your invitations. Thank you for your concerns about our safety, we are all quite well, and hope the same is true for you.

We are interested in strengthening the trade relations with Team MIA, and we can offer to teach you the beautiful art of writing. In return, our sages would like to learn about archery, wheeled carts, and your ways of burying the dead with proper rituals.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Team Doughnut

Should we offer some explanation for not replying sooner?
Should we say "strengthening trade relations" or "continuing the strong trade relations"?
Should we ask for WC+WHeel+CB for writing, or just the first two? In the first case we might get more, but it will take longer to reach an agreement. In the second case they'll probably accept very soon.

yes, thats good enough to send, except isn't it pomp and ceremony?

Im a little disenchanted with the latest turn of events but if dave doesn't want the job I nominate myself for the ambassadorship.

I've sent the letter as stated above. Slightly changed compared to the first draft, nothing essential.

I'm not a good choice to be ambassador because I'm too optimistic and there would be too much risk of giving away information needlessly, or accepting less than we should be able to get.

The following was received via PM from Kentharu.

kentharu said:
greetings oh great and powerful Doughnut leader/person in charge

I, as of tonight, am the new diplomat to you, assigned by Emperor Napoleon himself (our new and powerful Foreign Minister)
as ordered i need to meet with one of you atleast (talking to myself is fun but...) so, whenever you guys feel like talking feel free
my AIM is Kentharu1 and my MSN add is kentharu@hotmail.com

Kentharu (The slightly slow)

Draft reply, will send this off in a few hours if nobody objects. Please comment.

Hi kentharu,

Congratulations with your appointment! We hope that you like the ambassador's hut in Springfield. And in exchange for monthly beer supplies from MIA, we'll consider upgrading you to the deluxe ambassador hut, the one without poisionous spiders :) :beer:.

Unfortunately Doughnutia currently has no ambasador for MIA, but we'll see what we can do. Could you please let us know what you would like to chat about? It would help our team in its preparations for this chat. Also we would like to know whether you have considered our trade proposal.

On behalf of Doughnutia,

zyxy
a Doughnut

i like the letter. we might want to push for monthly beer supplies from MIA, in exchange for Kentharu being upgraded to the deluxe ambassador hut, the one without poisionous spiders.:beer:

vikingruler said:
i like the letter. we might want to push for monthly beer supplies from MIA, in exchange for Kentharu being upgraded to the deluxe ambassador hut, the one without poisionous spiders.:beer:

Couldn't resist to add that :lol:. Letter sent.

Reply from Kentharu:

Greatings again dear friend

We (or I whichever) would like to disccus that writting deal. If you are not
able to chat with me at that is fine, whenever is good for you guys is good
for me. I'm not to picky about meeting times either, so if you see me
on-line and need to talk to me, then go right ahead

Kentharu (the slightly slow)

Who wants to do a chat?

And another, from fe3333au:

Dear Citizens of the great Doughnut Nation

We were wondering if there is a reason for your continued silence and lack of will to meet? ... We assumed a willingness on your part to open dialogue when we received your trade proposal.

Yet, we have repeatedly requested, through many avenues, to arrange a chat meeting with your representatives ... concerning of course the finer details of your knowledge swap proposal ... and receive only silence and then recently, a message indicating that no-one was available ...

As mentioned in our correspondences, MIA cannot agree to this document as it stands ...

We are well on the way to gaining the knowledge of Writing as it is ... and since we have noted your lack of certain 'choice' technologies and also sense aggressive vibes percolating from other sources on your continent ... We merely contact you in the perception of the possibility that you may be interested in a mutually beneficial exchange ...

We therefore logically assumed that you would be very eager to trade fairly with us ... if we are mistaken please correct us ... and we will not badger you ...

Therefore we again request audience with our respective diplomatic representatives ... in order to speedily discuss other options that we feel would be fairer to both parties ...

Heed this, the longer you delay discussion ... the less valuable Writing becomes ...

Awaiting your prompt reply ...

Yours sincerely

MIA Foreign Department

Emperor.Napolean - Foreign Minister
Kentharu - Doughnut Ambassador
fe3333au - Aide and Scribe to the Department

I have drafted this letter to send to MIA asap

To Emperor Napolean, MIA Foreign Minsiter,
and kentharu, MIA ambassador to Doughnutia,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Robi D and I am the newly elected Foreign Affairs consul for Doughnutia. While I do not officially take office for a couple of turns I am able to begin trade negotiations with your fine country. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay of our reply to your offer to negotiate, but we had a couple of major events coincide. Firstly their was our recent elections and secondly we had met the nation of TNT in our travels. We welcomed them with open arms to which they responded by trying to put a knife in our back. Rest assured we will punish their treachery severely, but I do advise you to be weary in your dealings with these warmongering fools if and when you meet them.

Now to get our trade negotiations off to a start, we are willing to trade Writing for bronze working, wheel and ceremonial burial. Please take this offer and discuss it with your government. I can be reached via PM on the forums to discuss this further.

Thank you for your patience.

Robi D , Foreign Affairs Consul for Doughnutia

I like the trade deal, it's pretty fair. However, writing for 3 techs might be too much to ask for. writing is very valuable but 3 techs. like zyxy said we have bw the other two techs is possible. i'm behind the trade 100%. I would also like to volunteer to be our representative at the summit. I have an AIM address so I could talk that way. however, it would be my first time doing something like this, so i would need so more intel on what to say.

Top Bottom