Neoteric World

I love this mod.
A few requests though.
1. name units is a generic way. strategic bomber, not b52. air superiority fighter, not mig. i use a vulcan for Britain, tupolov for russia.
2. add a ww2 halftrack (m3ht). same stats as inf but move 2 needs oil, costs more. upgrades to cold war apc (m113), then mech inf.
3. add a ww2 mounted/tracked artillery. same stats as artillery but move 2, needs oil, costs more upgrades to mobile artillery
4. add a bombard or mortar between treb and cannon, needs gunpowder, copper or iron.
5. add a trench inf. needs assy line. bonus on defense. machine gun gets bonus vs trench inf.
6. early tanks should come after trench inf on the tech tree. continuous track after assy line.
7. allow macemen, pikes, longbow to upgrade to muskets.
8. dreadnoughts and battleships should come earlier in the tech tree.
9. add an early cruiser with dreadnought.
10. separate light bomber, close air, ac130 in separate upgrade path.
11. add military police. defend only, more garrison culture, sees spies.
12. add a seaplane tender with pioneer aviation, upgrades to ww2 carrier. carries 1 or 2 aircraft (biplane era)
13. add a streamship before transport. needs steam engine and coal.
14. add a truck. assy line, defend only (weak) carries 2 foot solders or guns. upgrades to halftrack.
15. add a canoe. sailing, seacoast only, can enter enemy territory.
16. consider allowing cavalry to upgrade to armored car as well as helicopter.

please dont add many (any) new techs, the tech tree is already getting pretty long.
no more new tanks unless the early early tanks are steam tanks.

regardless, it should be easy to have all the ww1 stuff at the same time. trench inf, artillery, early tank, truck, armored car, cavalry, early fighter, early bomber, dreadnought, seaplane tender, steamship.
also the ww2 stuff. inf, mounted artillery, various tanks, halftrack, recon car, fighter, bomber, light bomber, battleship, carrier, transport.

I've been playing this mod and enjoying it for a while now. One of my favorite features is trhe Unit Naming, unfortunately the new untis would not be named by the game. So I added the code that would make it work. I am uploading the file in case anybody else wants unit names for the new units.

The units are named using the DEFAULT one I'm not too sure hot to add the customizable catagories. So, to change how they are named, you must change the DEFAULT unit naming style.

Just unzip this xml file into ...\Neoteric World\Assets\Config and replace the old one. You need to put the file in the ZIP folder here, not the entire folder.

Attachments

• Complete Unit Naming.zip
    908 bytes · Views: 164
Ive noticed a little problem with upgrading units, lots of the new units will upgrade for 20 gold while some other units will cost you around 200 and you get a worse unit for spending more.

First of all, great mod. I did find one thing I didn't like, though, and it sort of cascaded into a page of ideas by the time I got out of class today. Here we go:

1. The unique SF units (Delta Force, Spetznaz, SAS) should be have their nationality concealed, same as regular SF units.

2. Allow helicopters to load onto aircraft carriers, along with any passengers they may be carrying.

3. New unique unit: 160th SOAR. Rewarded to the first player to research the tech that allows transport helicopters. Transports up to 12 (may be a bit high) infantry units, with the ability to stealthily enter enemy territory. I would suggest a formation of 3 UH-60 Blackhawks for the unit model. The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment was created after the failure of Operation Urgent Fury to provide air support for special operations missions. The "Nightstalkers" specialize in flying at low altitude at night to avoid detection.

4. New Mechanic: Aircraft Carrier zone of control. Uncontrolled territory inside a certain distance (perhaps equal to the carrier's Line of Sight) is considered part of the owner's empire. (This comes into play with the next idea).

5. New Technology: In-Flight Refueling. Depends on Advanced Flight (at the very least). Aircraft movement within non-hostile territory (self, open borders, or unclaimed) over land, and up to x(10?) tiles over water costs no movement points. Re-entering non-hostile territory (on land) or an (owned by self) aircraft carrier's zone of control (at sea) resets movement points.

Also I'd like to see the enhanced unit automation mod that was mentioned previously integrated in.

Ive noticed a little problem with upgrading units, lots of the new units will upgrade for 20 gold while some other units will cost you around 200 and you get a worse unit for spending more.

Upgrade costs are based on the difference in :hammers: costs between the units. Because many of the new units are close in :hammers: costs, they cost little to upgrade.

Upgrade costs are based on the difference in costs between the units. Because many of the new units are close in costs, they cost little to upgrade.

But for 20 extra gold you get alot better unit.

First of all, great mod. I did find one thing I didn't like, though, and it sort of cascaded into a page of ideas by the time I got out of class today. Here we go:

1. The unique SF units (Delta Force, Spetznaz, SAS) should be have their nationality concealed, same as regular SF units.

2. Allow helicopters to load onto aircraft carriers, along with any passengers they may be carrying.

3. New unique unit: 160th SOAR. Rewarded to the first player to research the tech that allows transport helicopters. Transports up to 12 (may be a bit high) infantry units, with the ability to stealthily enter enemy territory. I would suggest a formation of 3 UH-60 Blackhawks for the unit model. The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment was created after the failure of Operation Urgent Fury to provide air support for special operations missions. The "Nightstalkers" specialize in flying at low altitude at night to avoid detection.

4. New Mechanic: Aircraft Carrier zone of control. Uncontrolled territory inside a certain distance (perhaps equal to the carrier's Line of Sight) is considered part of the owner's empire. (This comes into play with the next idea).

5. New Technology: In-Flight Refueling. Depends on Advanced Flight (at the very least). Aircraft movement within non-hostile territory (self, open borders, or unclaimed) over land, and up to x(10?) tiles over water costs no movement points. Re-entering non-hostile territory (on land) or an (owned by self) aircraft carrier's zone of control (at sea) resets movement points.

Also I'd like to see the enhanced unit automation mod that was mentioned previously integrated in.

How about getting the Tirpitz, or USS Iowa or something when you discover Sloped Armour (I think that's the tech you need). Would just be a beefier battleship. The fear of the Tirpitz even moving tied up half the British Navy during WWII...?

How about getting the Tirpitz, or USS Iowa or something when you discover Sloped Armour (I think that's the tech you need). Would just be a beefier battleship. The fear of the Tirpitz even moving tied up half the British Navy during WWII...?

Or maybe the Yamato, seeing as it was the largest battleship of its day.

Is this mod primarily in Python or XML?

could you(bobebrown) make more scenarios maybe a more modern scenario? for the mod. by the way love the mod:goodjob::goodjob:.

I love this mod.
A few requests though.
1. name units is a generic way. strategic bomber, not b52. air superiority fighter, not mig. i use a vulcan for Britain, tupolov for russia.
2. add a ww2 halftrack (m3ht). same stats as inf but move 2 needs oil, costs more. upgrades to cold war apc (m113), then mech inf.
3. add a ww2 mounted/tracked artillery. same stats as artillery but move 2, needs oil, costs more upgrades to mobile artillery
4. add a bombard or mortar between treb and cannon, needs gunpowder, copper or iron.
5. add a trench inf. needs assy line. bonus on defense. machine gun gets bonus vs trench inf.
6. early tanks should come after trench inf on the tech tree. continuous track after assy line.
7. allow macemen, pikes, longbow to upgrade to muskets.
8. dreadnoughts and battleships should come earlier in the tech tree.
9. add an early cruiser with dreadnought.
10. separate light bomber, close air, ac130 in separate upgrade path.
11. add military police. defend only, more garrison culture, sees spies.
12. add a seaplane tender with pioneer aviation, upgrades to ww2 carrier. carries 1 or 2 aircraft (biplane era)
13. add a streamship before transport. needs steam engine and coal.
14. add a truck. assy line, defend only (weak) carries 2 foot solders or guns. upgrades to halftrack.
15. add a canoe. sailing, seacoast only, can enter enemy territory.
16. consider allowing cavalry to upgrade to armored car as well as helicopter.

please dont add many (any) new techs, the tech tree is already getting pretty long.
no more new tanks unless the early early tanks are steam tanks.

regardless, it should be easy to have all the ww1 stuff at the same time. trench inf, artillery, early tank, truck, armored car, cavalry, early fighter, early bomber, dreadnought, seaplane tender, steamship.
also the ww2 stuff. inf, mounted artillery, various tanks, halftrack, recon car, fighter, bomber, light bomber, battleship, carrier, transport.
I love hearing suggestions! Some good ideas there that I will look at this weekend when i am playing. But i do not think i would add military police because they can never be as good as Modern Infantry with Urban tactics I and II.
I've been playing this mod and enjoying it for a while now. One of my favorite features is trhe Unit Naming, unfortunately the new untis would not be named by the game. So I added the code that would make it work. I am uploading the file in case anybody else wants unit names for the new units.

The units are named using the DEFAULT one I'm not too sure hot to add the customizable catagories. So, to change how they are named, you must change the DEFAULT unit naming style.

Just unzip this xml file into ...\Neoteric World\Assets\Config and replace the old one. You need to put the file in the ZIP folder here, not the entire folder.
Ty! I'll include that in any update.
I'll have to have a proper look at the upgrading this weekend to make sure its all balanced and I have not made anything inpractical to upgrade.

Always wanted to include a BlackHawk model but I dont think there are any great ones, maybe I missed it? With regards to the Special Forces, thats an easy change and probably one that I should have done on release. Your last idea would need SDK changes and new code written which would take too much time to create.

The difference between a Light Tank and a Medium Tank isn't that great really, hence it's just 20 gold cost...surely...?
Yea thats it. It is a small difference but I wanted it like that because it allows a smooth progression through the ages and If you are in a heavy war, a couple points on strength can make a huge difference when your opponent is using a lower tank version.
Potentially. I want to include the Bismark too, So check that out this weekend.
Or maybe the Yamato, seeing as it was the largest battleship of its day.

Is this mod primarily in Python or XML?
XML, SDK and Python.
could you(bobebrown) make more scenarios maybe a more modern scenario? for the mod. by the way love the mod:goodjob::goodjob:.

I would love too, but they really take a huge amount of time to create. I started one but never finished it, takes many many many hours to get perfect for a release for other people to use.

Hiya u might have missed our last post so just asking again,
is it possible that me and my GF could grab a copy of your mod with the WW1 units in?

This would be really appreciated.

I've been playing this as I rediscover civ 4 and I wanted to say thank you for making this mod.
Would it be possible to have an option to limit the number of civs in the custom game menu?
Is it possible to get a conquest victory on archipelago as new civs are always appearing?
Did anyone else notice that there are two dreadnoughts? One of them just needs renaming.
The BBC gives a free broadcast tower in every city but so does the Eiffel Tower. My suggestion would be to have the BBC world service which would give +100% revolutionary sprit to all civs your at war with and +50% for all civs you don't have a open borders agreement with to replicate the cold war. It would be like the Statue of Zeus.
The Bismark would be good, say a 60 strength battleship to destroy enemy ships but like any other battleship it would be vulnerable to air power if left on it's own.
Also I was able to station early bombers on my carriers, is that right?

Great Mod. I've played a few games with it and and its been all around excellent. Kudos.
I've had a few issues I was hoping you could help me troubleshoot.
1. DCM options selected in the bug screen (active fighter defense, enhanced bombing, etc) aren't activating. other mods i've used w/ DCM and BUG work so I'm not sure what the problem is.
2. arcology graphic is huge, covering entire empire instead of city. Kind of a nitpicky thing as it doesn't affect gameplay, but it can make the screen cluttered.

notes: BTS 3.19, latest download of mod, running on XP SP2

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. And again kudos one of the best mods I've played in years.
Thanks

Yes the patch fixes archology shielding graphic issue.

My apologies because I did say I would put out another update but I will not be putting another update for this mod so this is the final version (+patch). I've added all the features I wanted in this mod and I am glad people are enjoying. If Civ5 is better than Civ4 then I hope to make a mod for that.

That's a shame that this wont be developed further. I felt it just needed tweaking, as people play test it, and updating when component mods get upgraded. There's enough units and techs already.

I'm playing only this mod for 1 month in Civ. :crazyeye:

There are two problems.

Radioactive dust appears on impassable months. And I can't clear them. :mischief: Is this a problem? I think yes. :confused:
Spoiler :

Second problem is appears future era and maybe (I can't remember) other eras. Unit naming script's errors like this:

Error in unitBuilt event handler <bound method BuildUnitName.onUnitBuilt of <UnitNameEventManager.BuildUnitName object at 0x3C9F7570>>

See it in:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom