Nerds in Space

my opinion is that we are in position enough to settle in and build space. If Joao starts running away, we can probably either militarize or go into espionage mode and sabotage all his projects.

Okay, short turnset and report, because I'm not really feeling up to dealing with this at the moment

If someone wants to take Joao on, feel free. All units are unmoved so far this turn, although a transport or two might be on a goto to bring workers around, as I wasn't expecting this.

I had brought most of our fighting force (around 8 units) to Sally's island for inventory control purposes. On the bright side, the transports and destroyers are there too.

Refrigeration in, artillery in 4ish.

If no one wants it, I might try it again this weekend, but it's unlikely, so don't hesitate to jump in.

Attachments

• King Dork AD-1875.CivBeyondSwordSave
    647 KB · Views: 62
I'm gone this weekend, but whoever has to deal with it, good luck!

Well, Joao, you've forced our hand, but you will only bring DOOM upon yourself! You dare challenge the Nerds?! We'll bury you with our Magic the Gathering cards and our sci-fi memorabilia!! MwahahahahaHAHA!!

Yeah, OK. Be careful. Since he declared, he probably has something ready. Our first focus should be on rebuilding our fleet so that we can control the sea. After that, we can control the tide of battle. And yes, that was a pun.

I think I am up now - I have the save and should be able to play either tomorrow or Saturday.

Not too worried. I think we can build defense better than joao can wage amphibious warfare. Might lose some periphery, but I bet we'll see empty ships only for the first 10 turns.

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. I am planning to play tonight but I will be checking back - I hope some of you guys check the forum and post a comment or opinion on this info -

We have 2 great scientists and 2 great generals waiting to be used. I have no opinion on the great generals except maybe to settle them in one of our higher production cities, any thoughts? With the great scientists, I am inclined to have the one in Rome settle as Rome is currently our highest :science: producer and already has an Academy. I am inclined to use the second one to build an Academy in Mecca, our second highest :science: producer.

Please, anyone from the team reply on this and advise.

I think the scientist usage is fine, unless they can bulb any good techs. Settled generals is fine, too.

1875 AD - Inherited Turn
Settled scientist in Rome and built Academy in Mecca. Settled one of the great generals in Mecca. We actually do not have a lot of units. Drafted out of Rome, Mecca, and Mon Calamari

1876 AD
Hoth Base Camp - University -> Infantry
Najran - Customs House -> Infantry
Draft from Hoth Base Camp, Hajran, and North Hoth

1877 AD
Pay to keep food in granary in Damascus

1878 AD
Rome - Supermarket -> Battleship
Hawulti - Granary -> Courthouse
Fasil Ghebbi - Library -> Courthouse

1879 AD
Artillery in - select Flight

Kufah - Bank -> Machine Gun
Basra - Harbor -> Theatre

1880 AD
Zara Yaqob demands Biology - I tell him no.

Boudica wants us to join her in war against the Khmer - I tell her no as well.

1881 AD
Mecca - Bank -> Battleship
Medina - Observatory -> Destroyer
Massawa - Lighthouse -> Work Boat
Addis Ababa - Theatre -> Buddhist Temple

1882 AD
Sitting Bull demands we cancel our deals with the Khmer - I decline as we are currently getting 16 gpt for our dye from Suryavarman

Absurd - Harbor -> Drydock
Minoan - Theatre -> Courthouse
Settle the second great general in Rome

1883 AD
Joao II founds Creative Constructions

1884 AD
Rome - Battleship -> Battleship
We pop iron in our mine that was already producing tin by Rome making it a nice 9 :hammers: plot

It's hard to see, but there's an anvil behind the 4 :hammers:

1885 AD - Stop Here
Antium - Forum -> Work Boat
Massawa - Work Boat -> Work Boat
Tokonda - Theatre -> Courthouse

Some units have movement still available. I have been trying to gather a force and head westward with it, since I was figuring on attacking Joao's capital. He has a couple of destroyers heading towards our territory. He pillaged a lot of our fishing boats, we will need more of those built up. We may want to change our EP focus since I am unable to see Joao's power.

The save ~

Attachments

• King Dork AD-1885.CivBeyondSwordSave
    659.2 KB · Views: 56
Hmm. Sounds like a good set. Losing fishing boats is pretty much to be expected, I think. I like the Battleship builds! They should help us take out Joao's Destroyers, since he can't build Battleships of his own just yet.

Joao founding Creative Constructions is a bit more worrying, though. Do you think that he's going for a cultural victory? In that case, we will definitely have to eliminate his most cultured cities.

Rome and Mecca are our best cities for battleship builds right now. I could get them in 4-5 turns in Rome depending on overflow, and about 6 turns in Mecca. We may want to set these two cities on a semi-permanent battleship pumping duty.

Sorry all. I meant to have played before now. I had a really long set and write-up with passing the torch. I'll play tomorrow.

okay. I played, but am too tired to write it up tonight. We're back in peace, but rather ready for another war should the fancy strike us.

okay. I played, but am too tired to write it up tonight. We're back in peace, but rather ready for another war should the fancy strike us.

You know, if you keep deleting the great conversation threads I'm having on your TSotF forum, I may have to stop posting there altogether!

Now, the "I am new here xbox" guy has been lurking at the forum for a long time, so he must be a big fan. :lol:

Quick report, nothing splashy.

I played 10. In the beginning, I took stock of our tech situation. Still close enough to parity for me.

Next IT action was to check the victory conditions. Joao won't be going culture this game.

I also turned all EP to Joao, so we could see his power and, ultimately, his research and builds.

Stupid random event.

I was counting on a war keeping Zara behind even further.

We birthed a great artist in Mecca

Option 1 is to use his GA to swap civics. We're starting to get bunches of emancipation redfaces.

Option 2 is to build an airport and send him here.

We can't get open borders with Zara, so we can't evacuate our troops. An artist bomb might make the city stable in our favor.

I had been taking out Joao's destroyers with battleships, so I decided to test the waters the moment he would talk.

I took it, figuring we could redeclare in 10 turns with a war on our terms. With bombers.

Couple more random events. These things are starting to get...frequent.

Roster:

• Bindamel
  • Ozbenno -- OOP
  • mlinneak
  • Rex -- Just played
  • Whosit -- Up

Attachments

• King Dork AD-1895.CivBeyondSwordSave
    670.3 KB · Views: 59
9k EPs against Zara and we have a 128% loading for mission costs. That means he must have pilled over 20k on to us.

9k EPs against Zara and you bunch of slow witted losers have a 128% loading for mission costs. That means he must have pilled over 20k on to Rex's backside.

I wouldn't bother about the artist bomb - I am pretty sure you will be very disappointed in the results.

9k EPs against Zara and YOU have a 128% loading for mission costs. That means he must have pilled over 20k on to YOU.

I wouldn't bother about the artist bomb - I am pretty sure you will be very disappointed in the results.

There you go, Ruff. I fixed it for you. :D I'm certain you didn't mean to imply that you were back on the team after abandoning us so heartlessly.

ohh ooh - did someone get their nosie a little out of jointie because a big bad lurker helped the team move forward and then couldn't commit to being a permanent team asset?
Spoiler :
funny how the written word never carries the same degree of humour as the spoke word
Guess you just have to view me as one of those sub prime collateralize debt obligations and write me off as a non performing asset

Anyway, Ruff is right: The Artist won't do anything for that city. Honestly, we're probably better off gifting it back to Zara if we're not planning to go to war with him again. Otherwise, I'd build some Bombers and some Marines and fight another brief war to take Matara, which should relieve the pressure from Yeha.

I will probably grab it sometime this weekend, but I'll probably play only 5 turns or so. Or maybe two sets of 5 if I find enough time for that. Lousy old computer.

Umm, wait, we're not going to have Bombers, are we? We need Radio. I guess we can build a couple of Carriers and 6 Fighters to put on them and try to make due with that for Aerial bombardment.

Sorry guys, it looks like I'm going to need a skip after all. :(

I think, maybe, it might be better if I jump in at times when I know I have the free time I need to handle this game?

If it makes things any better, I am re-watching the original Star Wars trilogy while I do my work.

Top Bottom