Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apache 5-3=2 If I had to pick only one Native American group for Civ, it would not be them. Only known for raiding Puebloans and resisting America.
Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17
Goths 17
Italians 9+1=10 Would rather Firaxis represent the Italian states as one, instead of multiple civs
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 21
Mexicans 2
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 10
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8
Vietnamese 19
Zimbabweans 21

@Xandinho Fair. Personally I'd like to see the Zapotecs in place of the Aztecs, but I think they're an unlikely inclusion in the face of the Aztecs and Mayans.

@Siptah I think you may be the only person who thinks the modern State of Israel makes more sense for inclusion than the Kingdom of Israel or the Kingdom of Judah. :p

Apache 2
Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 21
Mexicans 2 - 3 = 0 - And another modern postcolonial civ is eliminated.
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 10 + 1 = 11 - It's not about "geographical representation"; Arabia does not represent Aramaic or Syrian culture or history. And Zenobia, like Tamar of Georgia, is a great ruler with a big personality.
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8
Vietnamese 19
Zimbabweans 21

Apache 3 - I have a soft spot for them since M2TW.
Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 21
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 8 - At least Tamar ruled a proper country. Palmyra barely existed although I'll repeat I'd be happier counting Nabatea separately.
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8
Vietnamese 19
Zimbabweans 21

Apache 0 (3-3) = And they're out of the running. I'd much prefer to see the Pueblo, but as previously stated their descendants don't want them to be included. I hope we can at least get a Mesa Verde city state.
Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17
Goths 17
Italians 11 (10+1) = Anybody opposed to the depiction of the Italian city-states must on principle be opposed to the inclusion of the Greek city-states as well. Like the Greek civilization, the Italian city-states were bastions of culture with their own leagues, confederations and spheres of influence. Personally, I rather like what Firaxis has done with the separate Athenian and Spartan leaders. Bring on the Medicis, the Borgias, the Doges in the funny hats!
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 21
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 8
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8
Vietnamese 19
Zimbabweans 21

Last edited:
Missed two, will fix.

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17
Goths 17
Italians 11
Hebrews 19

Hungarians 18 (21-3)
I would rather see the Czech. Europe is too crowded anyway, and Hungary is a stretch when Austria, Poland, Russia, Byzantium, and the Huns are already in the series. It's going to be very difficult to down-vote in this thread without being culturally insensitive lol.

Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 8
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8

Vietnamese 20 (19+1)
I've been repping the Veitnamese in this series for a long time. Still surprised they haven't been included yet. Although, to be fair, part of the reason I wanted them in Civ 5 was so that I could have another civ with which to hear that game's kickass Asian soundtrack.

Zimbabweans 21

It's not about "geographical representation"; Arabia does not represent Aramaic or Syrian culture or history.
Of course not, that statement was meant...uh...satirically? I'm not an English major. It was meant to convey that it's silly to want another civilization from one area where existent civilizations where while saying that we can't have another civilization because we already have one from that region.

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17
Goths 17
Italians 12 (*broken record sound*)
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 5 (I like people that weren't captured)
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8
Vietnamese 20
Zimbabweans 21

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 17 + 1 [18] (A chance for a scientific/cultural Native American civ doesn't appear very often. Native American civs in general don't appear very often.)
Goths 17
Italians 12 - 3 [9] (Just to avoid the inevitable TSL fustercluck that this would cause with Rome. I'd rather see the most important Italian city-states, like Genoa or Venice, get their own separate civs.)
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 5
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8
Vietnamese 20
Zimbabweans 21

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 18
Goths 17
Italians 9
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 5 + 1 = 6 (Stop hating on one of the most interesting civs in this grouping, especially given that it would represent a nation not represented previously in Civ, a Romanesque desert group with powerful Persian-like cavalry and an amazing history. The agenda for Zenobia would be an easy fit (and in fact Zenobia was one of my first suggested leaders which I created for the Design-your-own-Civ thread for that reason). Zenobia in a short span of years carved out a huge empire, and was only defeated as a result of one battle against the Romans, though she had many victories before that and the Roman Emperor even instructed his soldiers not to directly engage the Palmyrene Cataphracts (this was key to keeping his army lines unbroken so he could win). We need more warrior queens, and one from the Middle East is a good fit, especially given how operatic her life story is. Don't even get me started on how great the architecture/music would be for this civ in-game. You'll be seeing green everywhere then.
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 8 - 3 = 5 No. What leaders would you pick? What agendas?
Vietnamese 20
Zimbabweans 21

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 18
Goths 17
Italians 9 + 1 = 10 I have already been against an Italian civ, preferring city-states to be represented. However, even wanting to see Italian city-states as civilizations (no matter how crowded Europe is), I must confess that civilizations with only one city are not so viable, even though they have a different gameplay. Therefore, I prefer an Italian civ with different leaders capable of representing different cities: a leader for Venice to be the capital, another leader for Florence to be the capital...for example.
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 15
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 5 - 3 = 2 For the same reason of my first post, I do not know if we have enough information to elaborate civs.
Vietnamese 20
Zimbabweans 21

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 18
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 19
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 12 (15 - 3) If we're talking about unnecessary civs, I'm surprised why not many people have mentioned this one. They'd be better off as alternate leaders with extra UUs for India.
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 2
Vietnamese 21 (20 + 1) An interesting civ with lots of history and culture. Count me in!
Zimbabweans 21

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 21
Cherokee 18
Goths 17
Italians 10 + 1 = 11 I don't get how this is still missing in civ games.
Hebrews 19 - 3 = 16 same as yesterday, much better suited as a jerusalem city state
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 12
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 2
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 21

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22 (21 + 1) Bayinnaung ruled the largest empire in the history of south-east asia
Cherokee 18 This thread seems to have been unintentionally rigged against the natives of North America! Kingmaker chose three Civs of this type (Apache, Mississippians and Cherokee), but none of these seem to be popular among voters here
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 9 (12 - 3) Same as Mobfire
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 2
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 21

Getting my daily votes out of the way just a touch early because I might not have time later.

Armenians 22
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19 (18+1) I really don't get why there's not more love for the Native Americans. Personally, I'd love to see at least 3, and maybe 5-6 civs for them. The Iroquois (for the NE) are obvious because of precedent, but the Cherokee (for the SE) are very well-known as well. After that, let's add a Plains group and one each for the NW and SW. Plus the Mississippians -- Cahokia was bigger than Paris in the Middle Ages.
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18
Mughals 6 (9- 3) I figured an additional Indian leader was sufficient as well, but the Mughals have a lot of supporters on the forums, hence their inclusion.
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 2
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 21

Edited for a response @Zaarin below: I picked the Apache as a SW substitute since they are well known and the previously-intended Pueblo are no longer an option. The Cherokee may be the most famous of all Native American tribes (along with the Sioux) and the Mississippians were the greatest urban culture north of Mesoamerica.

Since these are never-seen civs, I did not include the Sioux, Shoshone or Iroqouis.

I tried to pick options I thought we might be liable to actually get, given 2K has to approve as well as the tribes themselves. Sorry if people don't like them for some reason. :sad:

Last edited:
Armenians 22 + 1 = 23 -- One of Armenia or Georgia is #2 on my civ wishlist (after the Tlingit), and since convincing people that a Zenobia-led Syria would be perfect seems to be a lost cause...
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 18 - 3 = 15 -- Quigaltam can lead the Mississippians when Romulus Augustulus is chosen to lead Rome. :rolleyes:
Mughals 6
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 2
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 21

Edited to adjust for The Kingmaker's vote.

@The Kingmaker The Native Americans on this list aren't popular because you chose the wrong tribes. :p

Armenians 23
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 15
Mughals 6
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 22 + 1 = 23
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Toltecs/Zapotecs 2 - 3 = ELIMINATED
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 21

The Phoenicians were excellent traders and invented what would later become the alphabet. It would be difficult to design a fun Toltec/Zapotec civilization without ending up like Age of Mythology.

Armenians 23
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19
Goths 17
Italians 10
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 15
Mughals 6 - 3 = 3
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 23
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 21 + 1 = 22

Civ 6 needs a civilizationthat directly benefits with mines over luxury resources and Zimbabwe would be a great choice, heck, it's a wonder but not a civilization in Civ 6.
Mughals should be an offshoot of India not their own civilization.

Armenians 23
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19
Goths 17
Italians 10+1=11 I prefer a singular Italian civ, than multiple ones
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 15-3=12 Not enough information to create a leader with an agenda, I think Mound is a generic UB/I name.
Mughals 3
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 6
Phoenicians 23
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 22

I tried to pick options I thought we might be liable to actually get, given 2K has to approve as well as the tribes themselves. Sorry if people don't like them for some reason. :sad:
You could have put something Aborigine Australian on the list.

Armenians 22 + 1 = 23 -- One of Armenia or Georgia is #2 on my civ wishlist (after the Tlingit), and since convincing people that a Zenobia-led Syria would be perfect seems to be a lost cause...
I'm not against Syria itself, I think more civs from that region would be great, but come on man, the Confederate States of America lasted longer than the Palmyrenes.

Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19
Goths 17
Italians 12 (You know, gelatto is pretty good. Anyone here have a strong preference between gelatto and ice cream?)
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 12
Mughals 3
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 3 (https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.27249744.9981/flat,800x800,070,f.jpg)
Phoenicians 23
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 22

Armenians 23
Ashanti 22
Burmese 22
Cherokee 19
Goths 17
Italians 12-3=9 Too similar to Rome
Hebrews 16
Hungarians 18
Mississippians 12
Mughals 3
Nubians 23
Palmyrenes/Nabateans 3
Phoenicians 23
Swahili/Kilwa 22
Tibetans 21+1=22 Aside from China, who doesn't like Tibet?
Vietnamese 21
Zimbabweans 22

Edit: Added Armenians back in (didn't notice the post before me left them out)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom