Never before seen wonders II - Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duomo di Milano - 20
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 13
Hwangnyongsa - 26+1=27 - A better non-stone wonder than Serpent Mound.
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 14
Serpent Mound - 4-3=1 - All the options above are better.

Duomo di Milano - 20
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - (13+1)=14 It's a good choice for an Armenian wonder
Hwangnyongsa - 27
Serpent Mound - 1-3=0 I rather eliminate it by my hands than the stone/and wood-obsessed Czech

Duomo di Milano - 21 (20+1) looks good and unique
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 11 (14-3) what should this bring? adept a foreign religion if you do not have one?
Hwangnyongsa - 27

Duomo di Milano - 21 - 3 = 18 With Serpent Mound out, I can worry about taking this out.
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 11
Hwangnyongsa - 27 + 1 = 28 Accumulating score to guarantee this the first place.

I see a fierce race in this final stretch :popcorn:

Last edited:
Duomo di Milano - 18
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 11 - 3 = 8 (Not exactly a world wonder. Impressive, yes, but looks more like a cool unique improvement than a wonder, in both size and architecture.)
Hwangnyongsa - 28
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 14 + 1 = 15 (Still think this ancient wonder is amazing; and better than the overrated Duomo di Milano, which architecturally was considered too much a mix of different styles to really succeed as a piece of important architecture. Also, Hatshepsut's temple has mystique, which the Duomo di Milano rather lacks.)

Duomo di Milano - 15 (18 - 3) -- There are many Gothic cathedrals I'd rather have.
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 9 (8 + 1) -- I'd point out that, given that Judah is not a civ in game, Christianity is foreign to every single civilization in game; how is that even relevant? Unfortunately, few of the religious wonders in-game are really useful if you're not aggressively pursuing a religious victory; that doesn't mean they're not beautiful or worthy of inclusion. It's simply a matter of fact that religion, more than anything else, has motivated our forebears to create beautiful wonders. As for unique improvement, a monastery would be an excellent unique improvement for either Armenia or Georgia, but given that Armagh already has that as its suzerain bonus I'd be surprised if that happened.

Hwangnyongsa - 28
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 15

Duomo di Milano - 15
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 10 (9 + 1) Deserving of a spot.
Hwangnyongsa - 25 (28 - 3) Really don't understand the appeal of this one.
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 15

Duomo di Milano - 15
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 11 (10+1) I think this one is unique enough and represents a region that has really been underrepresented.
Hwangnyongsa - 25
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 12 (15-3) I've already stated my opinion.

Duomo di Milano - 15
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 11+1=12 - Caucasus has never been properly presented in game - we have only City-States. Adding a Caucasian wonder should improve the situation. Also, it's the oldest cathedral in the world, so why not to add it?
Hwangnyongsa - 25
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 12-3=9 - While great choice, I think that second purely Egyptian wonder isn't so necessary right now.

Duomo di Milano - 15
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - (12+1)=13 It's unique compared to your typical Gothic cathedral.
Hwangnyongsa - (25-3)=22 It has too big of a lead here.
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 9

Duomo di Milano - 15
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 13+1=14 It's age and beauty justifies it's place.
Hwangnyongsa - 22-3=19 It's not that great to justify it's lead.
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 9

Duomo di Milano - 15
Etchmiadzin Cathedral -11 (14-3) I just can not imagine a meaningful and for this computer game appropriate effect for this beautiful Cathedral.
Hwangnyongsa -19
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 10 (9+1) This will look great on the map.

Duomo di Milano - 15 - 3 = 12 Interesting, but it can wait.
Etchmiadzin Cathedral -11
Hwangnyongsa -19 + 1 = 20 For me, any of the wonders of the list are worthy first place, but we already have Italian and Egyptian wonders in the game, and few wonders from the Far East. Etchmiadzin Cathedral is very interesting, but I think a pagoda more singular at the moment. So I want to make Hwangnyongsa the first place.
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 10

Duomo di Milano - 12
Etchmiadzin Cathedral -11 - 3 = 8 (This is not a world wonder. This is a nice building. I've seen plenty of those in my tours of Europe, but I wouldn't make them world wonders even if central to Armenian religion)
Hwangnyongsa - 20
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 10 + 1 = 11 (Considered one of Egypt's greatest temples, fitting into the pharaoh and afterlife mystique so central to Egypt's worldwide image; an elegant structure, and very impressive)

Duomo di Milano - 9 (12 - 3) -- It's painful to downvote anything at this point, but honestly this wouldn't even make a top 10 list of Gothic cathedrals. There are so many better options.
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 9 (8 + 1) -- There's nothing else like it in the game: it's both beautiful and significant.

Hwangnyongsa - 20
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 11

Duomo di Milano - 10(9+1) Well I searched up "Top 10 list of Gothic Cathedrals", every single list I found featured the Duomo di Milano.
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 9
Hwangnyongsa - 17(20-3) Impressive but has too large of a lead and I want this list to be a bit less obvious in what wonder is going to win.
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 11

Duomo di Milano - 10
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 9+1=10 - It's the oldest cathedral in the world and also a nice choice to represent Caucasus.
Hwangnyongsa - 17
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 11-3=8 - I'm afraid that another Egyptian wonder isn't very necessary right now.

Duomo di Milano - (10-3)=7 For an Italian Cathedral wonder, I prefer St. Peter's Basilica or the Duomo in Florence (which won last round).
Etchmiadzin Cathedral -(10+1)=11 It's a recognizable wonder and represents an area never covered in Civ games before (except for Yerevan CS)
Hwangnyongsa - 17
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 8

Duomo di Milano - 7
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 11 - 3 = 8 (Little known and unfortunately, it makes sense why. This is not an impressive structure. Looks more like a regular abbey in size than a cathedral, and would be better suited as the basis for a unique improvement than a world wonder (to be fair, the same could be said of Brandenburg Gate, which was a world wonder in Civ V).)
Hwangnyongsa - 17
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 8 + 1 = 9 (One of the biggest tourist draws in Egypt, home to one of the most important ancient empires.)

Duomo di Milano - 7
Etchmiadzin Cathedral - 5 (8-3) this had to die without me for some days
Hwangnyongsa - 17
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut - 10 (9+1) I can not help myself, but that should have been a ww already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom