Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you need to reinstall? Lol I started a game and it works pretty well even though I just replaced the old files with the hotfix

Noticing this on HF 1, so seeing if this is addressed in HF 2 or is intended.

Ghandi is SUPER friendly with me. I declared on him early, took a worker, held him up forever. As soon as we peace, he offers me a DOF. Then I go to war and vassal him, immediately DOF.

The second DOF may be the way it works now. The first DOF sounds like what I see in my games — a curious shrugging off of bad feelings after an early war.

Curious as to what Recursive says.

There are now separate functions for AI DoFs/approach towards their masters and towards anyone's vassals; these DoFs don't count against their global DoF limit (unlike DPs, this isn't really an issue, because vassals have no political independence anyway), and the willingness check is much simpler.

Non-nuclear Gandhi has high FRIENDLY bias and Forgiveness, it may just be a quirk of his AI. If this is happening consistently with different AIs however, let me know.

In general, you should see AI being more willing to make Declarations of Friendship, Defensive Pacts and generally be dynamic in their diplomacy. It beats everyone hating you for millenia. :lol:

There are however benefits to staying allies for a long time!

Id settle for finding the beta files which im not seeing :(

@R3P0 , they are at the end of the first post in this thread, as attached ZIP files.

@DukeBrani I see the zip files but please note all I see are the hotfix files at 2.9MB it seems to me that's a bit small to contain all these fixes.

VP Normal EUI Hotfix 2.zip
File size:
2.9 MB

that's the hotfix. It's not all the VP mods, so that's why it's smaller, and that's why the first step is to reinstall VP.

Oh you need to reinstall? Lol I started a game and it works pretty well even though I just replaced the old files with the hotfix

The .zip files include both the patch and the two hotfixes I made.

The patch isn't very large compared to VP as a whole; it's an update to database files, LUA and the DLL. Also it's compressed. :)

I started beside the aztecs, who were hostile pretty much from the start. He declared on me in a war that lead to nothing, and when we peaced out he was friendly and asked for a declaration of friendship like the turn after. A little bit strange but not a big deal for me

I started beside the aztecs, who were hostile pretty much from the start. He declared on me in a war that lead to nothing, and when we peaced out he was friendly and asked for a declaration of friendship like the turn after. A little bit strange but not a big deal for me

Ah. I know what's up. It is indeed unintended behavior; WAR/HOSTILE/DECEPTIVE weight is zeroed out for a while after a Peace Treaty, leading to FRIENDLY weight being worth more.

I'll post a third hotfix in a bit, I guess. :)

Just had my First CTD with the 1/9 Beta, ever since 10/2 ive been having CTD completely random. Files are on the GIT

Before the crash was loving the changes, love how it takes longer now to make settlers

Last edited:
Seems to be some issues with turn times, I'll do some performance testing and I'll post a third hotfix with fixes for whatever's up and the post-war DoF issue tomorrow...

The last attack for Capturing cities takes so much time and freezes before the dialogue to puppet/annex/raze shows off.
Was Rome in the game? Are you playing with any mods?

Was Rome in the game? Are you playing with any mods?
No, i played two games *still midway in both of them* and Rome was in neither matches.
I use the same mod list i always use; 4th UC, Enhanced Naval and Air warfare, Unique citystates, infoaddict, advanced setup and promotion flags

No, i played two games *still midway in both of them* and Rome was in neither matches.
I use the same mod list i always use; 4th UC, Enhanced Naval and Air warfare, Unique citystates, infoaddict, advanced setup and promotion flags
Is your 4UC the latest version (v62)?

@SuperNoobCamper can you send me your save file? Mods are all the latest version yes? I'll try to load it and see if I can recreate it while in debug.

Last edited:
This just seems to be the December version, & cannot see any different changes in there. I download the installer with the old patch. Am I supposed to be downloading something else. There are four files on the bottom of your post, which seem to be hotfixes. Are these supposed to be installed as well, as confused. I tried the downloaded version to test it. Declared war on Inca, but couldn't denounce him, so sure this is old version.

This just seems to be the December version, & cannot see any different changes in there. I download the installer with the old patch. Am I supposed to be downloading something else. There are four files on the bottom of your post, which seem to be hotfixes. Are these supposed to be installed as well, as confused. I tried the downloaded version to test it. Declared war on Inca, but couldn't denounce him, so sure this is old version.
@youngsteve , look at the bottom of the first (@Recursive ) post in this thread. There you should see 4 attached ZIP files. Download the one of your choice (e.g., EUI with the normal number civs), and then follow other steps in the post.

@Recursive , perhaps it may be helpful to add "(attached ZIP files at the end of this post)" to step #2 in your post to clarify instructions further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom