1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Patch - 1/9

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Recursive, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Willy_the_Kid

Willy_the_Kid Chieftain

Are Barbarian Encampments supposed to give you Culture when you clear them without the Authority Policy?

DeAnno and Bromar1 like this.
  2. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

Thank you. Works perfectly now. I got confused as the attachments mentioned hotfixes when I thought they were in main install. Agree wording might make less confusion. I know it is new pach as declared war on Korea upon meeting them, & could also denounce them, which you couldn't do before at war.

One thing not connected to this patch is a comment on Ancient Ruins. I never use them , as unbalance the game, but forgot to turn off when testing game. Absolutely ridiiclous. In half a dozen goes found six ruins, as I did using unpatched version a few minutes before, impoving unit, adding citizens, gaining culture, & other things. How all these super beings are populating the countryside I have no idea. They seriously unbalance the game, which probably explains why I always start of so slowly.

3. R3P0

R3P0 Chieftain

@Recursive Noticed in my game with Germany they seem unusually aggressive with regards to spreading religion. Germany was Prodistant and had gotten Borobodur and were literally converting my cities in 1 shot despite me removing all of their religious affiliations from my cities

4. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

One performance issue has been identified (upon city conquest), others will be investigated on Tuesday. Problems seem to be from HungryForFood's extra building checks, which he'll fix soon.

Hotfix with a temporary fix for the city conquest issue and a couple other fixes (including for AI making friends right after war) should be posted sometime today.

5. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Oh, so I was not daydreaming! Has this been reported on GitHub?

6. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

No, I have never reported it & was never sure if it is a bug or a feature. As I said it used to be that a unit went to your city, then you moved it out if other unit was there.

vyyt likes this.
  7. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

I noticed this too, and I kinda like it.

8. Recursive

Hotfix #3 posted. Fixes several issues with AI behavior, the major performance slowdown when capturing a city, the AI making friends immediately after war, a few tech issues with unique units, and HungryForFood's AssignStartingPlots.lua fix for the 43 Civ versions.

(Savegame compatible.)

Original post has been updated with the latest files, redownload and follow the instructions in the post to install the latest hotfix.

The original post's ZIP files contain the patch AND all three hotfixes. Instructions in the original post have been clarified to explain this.

Enjoy! :king:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  9. chn398

chn398 Chieftain

Thanks for all the great works ! Can't wait to try the play !

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Standard Immortal Communities with Ottomans. DV on Turn 343.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-11_3-49-42.png

Getting back into the Immortal Saddle, this game was another easy win for me. I had an early scout and used it to oppress India with an early war declare. Got a worker, and just parked my scout outside. India was TERRIFIED! He kept his settler and worker in his base until he had 9 warriors! Never even attempted to kill my scout (it was so bad i've reported it on Github). Suffice it to say India was plenty weakened, and when I came after him in Medieval...he had literally one spear to defend his capital. I almost felt bad for the guy...but he will be much happier as my vassal.

I continued to develop quite well, and Theodora surprised with me a vassal request! I had to pay her a decent amount to get her to commit, but a very small price to pay. Meanwhile Korea and I became defensive pact buddies, so the whole continent was locked up tight. No one declared on me the entire game, likely too scared of my military power.

Morocco out teched me for a time, but with spies going to work I eventually caught up.

Korea started doing what Korea does, and teched like a mad man in the late game, but our pact had ended, and it was time to put an end to that. A quick war, though I did get a scare when he threw a GDR at me! (it takes a LOT of machine gun fire to kill a GDR.... a lot). But ultimately Korea had no military machine, I had a full 55 supply and the ability to just print military units (freedom + industry) whenever I needed it, so Korea stood no chance. I then picked up the hegemony for an easy win.

The notes:

1) So in my previous game I noted how a vassal is critical for a DV. Well 2 vassals is basically an automatic DV...though I did go for more vote wonders and policies this game I didn't need them for hegemony.... I had 62 compared to the 44 needed.

2) I do think Theo vassaled too easily in this game. I like that the AI is thinking about it now, but while I was decently strong when Theo committed I was not a superpower yet, and I think she caved too easily.

3) Just noting how different the CS game is on Immortal compared to Emperor. On Emperor you can brute force CS if you commit, but on Immortal the AI gets ludicrous influence totals.

4) Deal wise I didn't see anything crazy. I will say I think the AI still overpays for strategics, and underpays for luxuries in the late game (just a bit, its not way off). I did not get nearly as many declare war on X person requests.

5) I did see more allowances for tech trading, though civs like Korea literally wanted 450 GPT to pick one up....I at least appreciate it its an option.

6) I definitely noticed the increase in WC importance. DOFs were often made or broken after a vote. It was nice, felt like the dynamics were shaking up.

7) Korea was an interesting case this game. We didn't always see eye to eye, but we were good neighbors to each other, and therefore held a DP for a large part of the game, so that was nice to see.

8) Strategically something I've been trying more lately. I've noted (ie complained) that Industry is much more backloaded than Imperalism or Rationalism, so I've been doing some more GW rushes earlier. This means going Arts processes more heavily, and bulbing GW for raw culture instead of works a little sooner. I've found it works pretty well, once I get lower in the policy tree Industries bonuses start to kick in, and I can build buildings so quickly running processes for a while to boost the culture is not a big price to pay. And then once you get broadway that is a very large culture engine in the late game.

9) I was there was something in the game that made diplomats settle quicker. I really want to do some vote trading, but it takes a long time to get the diplomat ready that I lose out on a lot of other benefits.

10) Its not definitive, but I felt like dig up someone's archeology didn't have any penalty if I apologized. It should to be a small penalty but now I don't think there is one at all, so possible bug, I'll try to keep an eye out for it.

11) There has been some comments about Religion being "mandatory" in a game, this was a good counterexample. Even with a crazy good festival pantheon start I was a few turns short from founding. My two neighbors got religion, which gave me stupas and orders in most of my cities. I let them battleground over my heart, and found the religious unrest wasn't too bad once I got temples. Ultimately I was able to get out a few more GP in Industrial with the faith I saved, and because of my shared religion it made Theo much nicer to me (perhaps even contributed to her fealty). So there are some advantages to not having a religion, and ways to play around it...at least on Immortal.

11. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Attached a screenshot, but guessing the AI not accepting peace even when you've got 100% war score on them (AND have taken two of their three cities) is a bug?

Situation is: Playing as Arabia, King, Epic speed, 16 civs on a Huge Communitas v.79 map (incidentally only generated 3 CSes). Community Patch + add-ons + 43 civ DLL + Enlightenment Era for VP (works fine) + a number of compatible civ mods (either JFD's or some 'compatibilized' Colonialist Legacy/Sukritact/MC civs) + some compatible add-ons (Historical Religions, R.E.D., Quick Turns, etc.). Started on the second Beta hotfix.

Just as I was entering the Industrial Era the AI went nuts and everyone (including long-time friends) Denounced and then Dowed me. Beat most of them off but was only able to peace out three non-neighboring civs; Shoshone (my closest neighbor) won't peace out as shown in the screenshot despite getting decimated. Updated to hotfix three and still no peace. Is this a bug or some kind of "The player is getting close to winning so we need to suicide!" thing (which would be kind of an unfun design choice)?

Cheers, otherwise having a blast revisiting Vox Populi. Arabia was fun in Vanilla, but it's totally awesome in the mod.

Attached Files:

12. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

I find that they sometimes get a cooldown to accept peace deals whenever you take a city from them. Not sure if that is always the case though

13. Recursive

Would need logs to debug, post a bug report on Github please.

Make sure logging is enabled: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...d-bug-reports-to-github.655371/#post-15681894

14. Myarta

Myarta Chieftain

When you say issues past turn 500 aren't addressed in this version yet, do you mean CTDs way out there? I like to play a nice high turn count game, but had been waiting for VP to stabilize so I don't run into a save being useless in the mid 1900s from crash issues.

Thank you so much for all the other fixes and enhancements. I guess I could play this version and rush a bit more, knowing it might not go longer than ~500ish.

15. Rean

Rean Warlord

IIRC they won't make peace if they think they can capture/retake a city, which generally is because they have troops around a city you just captured.

Heinz_Guderian likes this.
  16. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yeah, given that I wiped their army multiple times and there were no troops within three-four tiles of either city, that's not the issue :p I'm uploading a bug report now on the Github.

17. Recursive

Fixed...AI was refusing to make peace if they were in a coop war...ever. Old code I forgot to remove :)

JamesNinelives, vyyt and cpm4001 like this.
  18. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Ah! And I'll bet that was because the Shoshone and Greece DoWed me simultaneously (didn't even realize it was a coop war). Thanks for the help, figure I'll keep going on and finish the game anyway (I mean, killing the Shoshone means one fewer nation to get Influential culture on... ;) )

19. Rosie McCattail

Rosie McCattail Chieftain

Are the resource monopolies still broken on savegame load?

20. Padre19

Padre19 Warlord

will there be a hotfix 4?

SuperNoobCamper likes this.