New Beta Patch - April 7th (4-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't that make Arabian UA incredibly powerful? Late game you get a TR completion every 1-2 turns.

Arabia's UA is also substantially less powerful in the late game - GPP, Culture and Science are much more useful in the early game. The Culture and Science don't scale by era, and the GPP is applied randomly. They were already receiving the Tourism bonus, so that doesn't change.

If it turns out to be OP it can be reverted, but as Gazebo often says, playtest first :)

Did the 'Trade' window become all wonky? If there is a deal they now report the value as -X and they tend not to accept them. They might accept them if it's a GPT deal but it's no-deal if it's flat gold. Fine. But there is a limit at which they type out that the deal is acceptable, one value (one gold away from acceptable) at which it's impossible and then the next value after that is just a negative number. So you don't really know if the negative number is beyond impossible or just a negative number.

Example; I offer to sell Askia 2 iron.

459 gold + 2 gpt = -2 value
458 gold + 2 gpt = impossible (i gather this then is -1 value)
457 gold + 2 gpt = acceptable (they will accept this)
456 gold + 2 gpt = 1 value (they will accept this)

Why is the 459g and beyond deal not listed as "impossible" to. It's somewhat annoying. I find it takes longer now to get the "best" deal, certainly so when doing all gpt deals as they then will accept a certain amount of negative values. I get the feeling that previously the "acceptable" window was larger. I wouldn't say it's a bug or anything, more of a nuisance.

Last edited:
Just analysing promotions. Barbarian Penalties have strange values:
  • BP I: -20% (was -30%)
  • BP II: -10% (was -20%)
  • BP III: -10%
All are lost with upgrade so they don't stack. What's the point of BP III?

the trade route change for arabia is really cool, it was one of a few civs that was extremely shoe-horned into one playstyle with limited alternatives. I wanted to try statecraft with bazaar when too many artistry competitors...

Unrelated, with previous version Urbanization didn't work on GP tiles for me, couldn't find if others saw that.

I've noticed what I think if a bug in pathfinding on this patch. Anyone else seeing this?

If a embarked unit wants to get to a water tile that is dark it needs to be moved one tile at a tile (so that it can see the tile it is moving to), or it will take a circuitous route.

Spoiler :
20200408210541_1.jpg

What is their current gold amount? (Just in case it's 458 gold)

What is their current gold amount? (Just in case it's 458 gold)

I don't recall the exact amount now, but it was not all his gold. He had spare flat gold even after the deal should have been done. I guess my bother was why wasn't everything beyond "impossible" also listed or noted as "impossible" but instead get a negative number. That would make it a lot easier or simpler to find the actual acceptable deal value since. In this case tho you should know that all negative numbers are impossible deals since it also included flat gold but if it was/is NOT a pure flat-gold deal (or only GPT deals if you will) it takes a bit more zeroing in since you don't know if the negative is just a negative or if it has gone past the impossible stage.

I don't recall the exact amount now, but it was not all his gold. He had spare flat gold even after the deal should have been done. I guess my bother was why wasn't everything beyond "impossible" also listed or noted as "impossible" but instead get a negative number. That would make it a lot easier or simpler to find the actual acceptable deal value since. In this case tho you should know that all negative numbers are impossible deals since it also included flat gold but if it was/is NOT a pure flat-gold deal (or only GPT deals if you will) it takes a bit more zeroing in since you don't know if the negative is just a negative or if it has gone past the impossible stage.

OK. I haven't seen what you are experiencing in my games before, although I haven't really investigated it.

OK. I haven't seen what you are experiencing in my games before, although I haven't really investigated it.
I guess what I was wondering was if it was new cause I don't recall seeing it before either and I found it weird and strange.

Has the cost of wonders been somehow adjusted? I noticed they have seemed to be was faster to build overall. Perhaps they aren't being adjusted for game speed?

Has passive religious pressure been changed? I'm struggling to get double digit pressure, but my other civs are in the high double digits in my cites.

Is it safe to switch to this version from the previous ? Any issues ?

See my comment above:
If a embarked unit wants to get to a water tile that is dark it needs to be moved one tile at a tile (so that it can see the tile it is moving to), or it will take a circuitous route.

Otherwise none that I've noticed. Also, don't forget you can check the Github page for issues that are currently open! :)

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

Version 3-15-2 the Stone Works says "requires improved marble near this city". But I am nevertheless able to build it. The closest improved marble is 7 hexes away from the city and it is property of another Civ.

Is this supposed to be so ?

Did the 'Trade' window become all wonky? If there is a deal they now report the value as -X and they tend not to accept them. They might accept them if it's a GPT deal but it's no-deal if it's flat gold. Fine. But there is a limit at which they type out that the deal is acceptable, one value (one gold away from acceptable) at which it's impossible and then the next value after that is just a negative number. So you don't really know if the negative number is beyond impossible or just a negative number.

Example; I offer to sell Askia 2 iron.

457 gold + 2 gpt = acceptable (they will accept this)
456 gold + 2 gpt = 1 value (they will accept this)

Why is the 459g and beyond deal not listed as "impossible" to. It's somewhat annoying. I find it takes longer now to get the "best" deal, certainly so when doing all gpt deals as they then will accept a certain amount of negative values. I get the feeling that previously the "acceptable" window was larger. I wouldn't say it's a bug or anything, more of a nuisance.

Version 3-15-2 the Stone Works says "requires improved marble near this city". But I am nevertheless able to build it. The closest improved marble is 7 hexes away from the city and it is property of another Civ.

Both of these are bugs. Please report on Github.

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

Actually stone works requires just one quarry at workable distance. If you have stone or a quarry luxury, it works too.

Edit. The bug is the text.

Actually stone works requires just one quarry at workable distance. If you have stone or a quarry luxury, it works too.

Edit. The bug is the text.
I don't have any marble or stone in the city. I guess then it is a text bug and does not require any quarries.

Any Jade or Salt?
Nope. None of them either. That city had only a regular hill mine.

EDIT: Correction, there is a stone quarry worked by the capital next to the city. Technically the stone quarry is within 3 hexes of the city even though another city is working that tile. I guess that explains it.

By the way, these citadels are they supposed to do proximity damage even if they have been pillaged ? I thought pillaging stops the effect until repaired but nonetheless citadels keep doing damage to my units.

Last edited:
One trick, when there is sheep / horses / cattle near a city, is to switch the tile between cities to enable the city to build stables and increase unit supply, if unit supply is tight. I don't usually do the same for stone works, because it isn't that strong a building, but the same principle applies.

Pillaged citadels shouldn't be doing damage to adjacent units. That should be a bug report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom