1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - April 20th (4-20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

I declared war on my weak neigbor to build a landmark on his territory so I can get another +1 happiness in all cities.
    Happiness he will miss out on. But he thanked me with a +20 diplo bonus because he is thankful I created a landmark for him. Makes no sense.
    Human players would be angry that I stole their landmark bonus effect.

2. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Well, he does still get the landmark itself to work ( if it's in range). That is why the diplomacy bonus was there in the first place. If we want to keep this interaction diplomacy positive, then the happiness bonus would need to go to the civ whose territory the landmark is in by default, only going to the civ who built it if it was in neutral territory.

How did this landmark bonus happen? It started with a desire to have a better bonus for building them built inside of city states, but is now a key balancing factor for happiness.

3. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Chieftain

The bonus has been changed to +3 global in the new version, instead of +1 per city... Issue closed. Next! ;)

4. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

What? Changing the global bonus doesn't interact with the issues in how it's used specifically in foreign territory.

5. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Chieftain

I was addressing your strong wording at the end: landmarks should not be a key factor for happiness in the new version. They certainly give a boost, but with the empire modifier softened they should not be the lynchpin.

I don't see the diplomatic modifier vs happiness boost as a big issue - just my opinion.

6. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Landmark :c5happy: bonus, and I'm the one that suggested it. I suggested it as a sort of "low point over the fence" because Landmarks needed something to boost their usefulness, and to give some reason to build them outside your territory. There has been some suggestion that the happiness bonus was, and still is, a band-aid for a different feature to come later. I dunno, we'll see if it's here to stay.

Rekk likes this.
  7. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Happiness is now balanced with Landmarks in mind. One can expect to have at least one landmark per three cities (if not closer to one landmark per city), before even looking outside a player's own borders. That's a significant bonus.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  8. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Not a fan too. I think +3 is still too much happiness. There were other solutions which could have been picked. Tourismn or culture bombs. GA points. Triggering WLTKD in capital. Permanent +3 :c5science:/:c5gold: in capital.

9. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

It's fine. Especially since, on the version I'm working on now, both the builder and the owner (if not the builder) get the bonus.

G

JamesNinelives, chicorbeef and Bhawb like this.
  10. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

That is the best solution.
    He doesnt lose anything but saves cost for the archaeologist, and I get a little bonus for my effort.
    Win-Win. Perfect. Then the diplomacy bonus makes sense.

JamesNinelives and Bhawb like this.
  11. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Chieftain

I am enjoying the current version (things feel balanced - challenging but not overwhelming), but I have to say I'm exited for what comes next. It really feels like the mod is moving forward, to me anyway.