New Beta Version - December 20th (12/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished a game with a SV to test the new Information Era stuff and I liked it ! The production on ISS is a great idea and gives a nice boost to CERN and Hubble Telescop. It could maybe be toned down a bit ? 1400 production/technology is a lot. But I won't complain if it remains as it is, it speeds up the last few turns when nobody can actually stops you and you are just waiting for the parts to finish.
Also, the +2food on water tiles from the Hydro Power feels useless : coastal cities already have plenty of food and late game food is not that valuable.

CTD on 393 =/.

No minidump crash sadly. Mods:

_ Vox Populi + EUI
_ Promotions flag
_ 3rd-4rth components + Pineappedan Unit tweaks
_ faster craft animations
_ improved city view
_ Playing custom civ: Liegi Israel.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0393 AD-1766.Civ5Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Not sure if I've asked this before, but are we supposed to be able to dig archeology with great generals?
If you pop a gg on a dig site it instantly digs it and instead of a citadel you get a culture tile.
I havent tested with other great people if they work the same, anyone knows maybe?

It seems that the "civilized mission" policy in the "Imperialism" Branch is a bit broken.
I already get the per era modifier for buildings even I didnt have a courthouse in the city.
And ît seems that offices from corporations count as "ancient" buildings, cause I get the era bonus 6 times while beeing in the atomic era.
Is this simply a description error or are those bugs?

I also think, that offices should be a high priority building in puppets, especially if Order is taken.

report it

Fantastic mod! I cannot imagine Civ 5 without it!

"Way of the Pilgrim" founder belief:
On standard speed, it works fine giving 15 tourism and 15 culture when spreading to foreign cities as per description. However, on marathon speed, it gives 30 culture and 90 tourism even without other religions. As it is scaled with followers of different religions, if there are a few followers, it is scaled, but tourism yield is always 3 times that of culture.

Even with a few followers, this means hundreds of tourism with a single spread, this makes very easy to achieve influental culture with an adversary. Is this intentional, or a bug to be reported?

Offices are considered Ancient Era buildings, this can be seen with IGE.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or i'm just misinterpreting it but Atilla's tile acquisition UA seems to work only on plains and grass lands not on lakes, coast, ocean or tundra.

Offices are considered Ancient Era buildings, this can be seen with IGE.
I know, its also in the civilopedia, and its nitpicking, but its simply strange that those offices are not from the same era as the corporation.
I'm not sure if it's a bug or i'm just misinterpreting it but Atilla's tile acquisition UA seems to work only on plains and grass lands not on lakes, coast, ocean or tundra.
Intended.

I never had this issue before but only this city had it's production at this state for a long period, no event effects were active, no one had any spies and no war weariness or unit supply deficiency.
I tried clearing cache and reloading but the same city stayed in this state.
Is it a bug or there is something i'm missing here ?

I never had this issue before but only this city had it's production at this state for a long period, no event effects were active, no one had any spies and no war weariness or unit supply deficiency.
I tried clearing cache and reloading but the same city stayed in this state.
Is it a bug or there is something i'm missing here ?

That looks like your install gone whack (or mod conflicts).
The only production bug I've seen was, for awhile conqured cities could have zero prod from center tile, but I think that one got fixed.
A common issue is if you are subscribed to civ5 steam mods, no idea why, but it seems to break things.

Is there a too high risk of AI pushovers in the early game?
I removed Poland from the game with 2 archers and a scout (emperor diff epic speed).
Yes both his cities were flatland and he was progress (no extra city str or hammers) but yeah it felt like cheating.
The lowered city strength seems a tad low and its extra vulnerable (even in capital) before walls are up.

The only production bug I've seen was, for awhile conqured cities could have zero prod from center tile, but I think that one got fixed.
A common issue is if you are subscribed to civ5 steam mods, no idea why, but it seems to break things.
It's not just any mods, it's mods that are part of VP or share the mod ID (= for example anything including WHoward's Various DLL Components, Community Patch, More Luxes (the original)). It's because if the mods share mod ID, the game will automatically overwrite our VP version of the component with the Steam mod.

I'm not using any mods other than VP, community events, advanced setup, faster aircraft animation and promotion flags and non of them are installed via steam subscription.

Last edited:
I'm not using any mods other than VP, community events, advanced setup, faster aircraft animation and promotion flags and non of them are installed via steam subscription.

Have you tried playing with just VP to see if you get the same bug? If so, have you tried reinstalling the mod? :)

I haven't seen any AI great works available to trade for the past few games I've played. Is this intended behavior, or do I have a corrupt install? I hadn't played in a few months so my apologies if this was a change sometime that I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom