New Beta Version - March 1st (3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes your cities grow a little less, but having a wide empire that doesnt matter that much to u either, like the unit production handicap.

But it matters to the AI, so you never make peace.

IDK about you, but war weariness affecting my empire happiness and by supply cap makes me want to peace out sooner or later.

IDK about you, but war weariness affecting my empire happiness and by supply cap makes me want to peace out sooner or later.

Yeah, supply cap can be a problem.
You really start these wars with like 70-80% of your max supply.
And its a problem for the AI too so.. And it has to produce units too. And has probably higher war weariness than you have, after you razed some of its (usually island) cities and killed lots of units.

Yes this strategy is the best in 1v1 and gets worse the bigger map you play. But in the standard 10 civ setup its still pretty effective.

Also you have to peace out if you are declared war on by another AI just to have the supply to defend yourself.
But from my experience that doesnt happen too often. (Another solution could be a diplo penalty, if you refuse to make peace with whom, who wants to make peace with you.)

Last edited:
And its a problem for the AI too so.. And it has to produce units too. And has probably higher war weariness than you have, after you razed some of its (usually island) cities and killed lots of units.

Yes this strategy is the best in 1v1 and gets worse the bigger map you play. But in the standard 10 civ setup its still pretty effective.

Also you have to peace out if you are declared war on by another AI just to have the supply to defend yourself.
But from my experience that doesnt happen too often. (Another solution could be a diplo penalty, if you refuse to make peace with whom who wants to make peace with you.)

You are just less pressured to make peace than the AI is. Maybe youll win your SV 5 turns later than you normally would, but the AI will win its SV 50 turns later than it normally would.

That assumes you are winning. If you are loosing the opposite is true. The player might tend to loose fewer units than the AI but loosing cities has a big impact. And if you are gaining cities you then have to deal with the unhappiness that comes with them.

That assumes you are winning. If you are loosing the opposite is true. The player might tend to loose fewer units than the AI but loosing cities has a big impact. And if you are gaining cities you then have to deal with the unhappiness that comes with them.

Well, in case you are winning, you can abuse the AI
In case you are losing the AI lets you make peace

"And if you are gaining cities you then have to deal with the unhappiness that comes with them"

Thats a good point, but you are razing cities in this strategy mostly, and unhappines is a lesser problem than supply cap anyways.

But yeah still sometimes you must make peace.

Its not very broken, just broken.

This version is super boring. Why AI even when declare war they do nothing? Example: Shaka has gigantic army near China borders where is city wchich 8 units around and they both do nothing?
Shaka should just crush China defense in several turns but almost all the units just shuffling or sleep. Every war looks like that. Only ships are fighting. ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz

I know how Siam works, and It's doubtless he got that head start that way. In comparison, Venice (tradition) was at 6:c5citizen: the same turn, and Attila was at 5:c5citizen:. Whatever the case, being 3:c5citizen: over a comparable civ's start would be a UA unto itself, but Siam is also getting boosts to :c5culture:/:c5faith:/:c5food:/:c5science: early by simply meeting civs. He sailed into a comfortable lead without really doing anything, and I don't think that's fair. I am not alone in noting Siam's recent winning streak; many of the recent game reports people have posted have also featured Siam runaways. A reduction to early friend/ally CS yields should help with Siam's newfound power surge.

My main qualm, however, is that he in't allied to a single religious CS. I am. My faith output should roughly match his, and I am generating literally all of my faith from a single Holy city. Why, then, am i putting out 6 pressure from my holy city and 1 pressure via trade routes, while his 3rd city is pushing 91 pressure? A TR from my holy city to a nearby Buddhism-converted CS is pulling 6 pressure in. I am literally at a -5 pressure per turn deficit against the AI's religion from my holy city. This is absurd, and I am convinced it is a bug.
I think I can see a river, which borders siams city and the CS. Iam not 100% sure, but isn't the pressure calculation using a similar mechanic as the trade routes one, which can use rivers like roads? In comparison to that, your city has hills, desert and forests between. Might have an influence, but I agree, it's for that state of the game an extremely high value.

[
Doesn't really play a matter in higher difficulties, cause the AI has higher supply cap and production discounts on its units.
On immortal, the AI has a supply cap of 130% in comparison to the human. At a war weariness of 30%, AI has still a supply cap of 91% of your initial cap, while you are down to already 70%.
Your production cost have raised to 130%, while the AI has to pay only 104% of the normal cost, even less, the later the era is.

Thats to some degree OK, but not, if I am clearly winning the war and even able to capture one of enemy cities, having higher war weariness than the AI.

[

Doesn't really play a matter in higher difficulties, cause the AI has higher supply cap and production discounts on its units.
On immortal, the AI has a supply cap of 130% in comparison to the human. At a war weariness of 30%, AI has still a supply cap of 91% of your initial cap, while you are down to already 70%.
Your production cost have raised to 130%, while the AI has to pay only 104% of the normal cost, even less, the later the era is.

Thats to some degree OK, but not, if I am clearly winning the war and even able to capture one of enemy cities, having higher war weariness than the AI.

"On immortal, the AI has a supply cap of 130% in comparison to the human"
Actually increasing with AIPerEraModifier too, according to the wiki. Ok maybe you cant rly force it to hit its supply cap, but the other points still apply.

You are killing much more of its units if its a long war and you can afford to be carefull.

" Thats to some degree OK, but not, if I am clearly winning the war and even able to capture one of enemy cities, having higher war weariness than the AI"
If you can win the war you dont need to hinder that AI anyways.

Its for declaring war on the leading AI which you wouldnt be able to beat instantly anyways and it cant do anything about it. Which is my problem

"Your production cost have raised to 130%, while the AI has to pay only 104% of the normal cost, even less, the later the era is."
Lets say you have 30% the AI 40%war weariness
You are not losing units but killing 1-3 (or more) a turn on avarage depending on the era. You are not building units. The AI is building 1-3 units a turn at 140% of its normal price for it, instead of buildings etc. Should you make peace if nothing else happens? No, with peace you lose more than the AI with which youd make peace with.

Except that you could use your army to actually take cities instead (of other AI), but thats situational.

But tbh I initially thought these numbers were different (AI would get more weariness, less supply cap) so I can see other stuff being more important currently.

Actually increasing with AIPerEraModifier too, according to the wiki. Ok maybe you cant rly force it to hit its supply cap, but the other points still apply.

You are killing much more of its units if its a long war and you can afford to be carefull.

" Thats to some degree OK, but not, if I am clearly winning the war and even able to capture one of enemy cities, having higher war weariness than the AI"

Its for declaring war on the leading AI which you wouldnt be able to beat instantly anyways and it cant do anything about it. Which is my problem

"Your production cost have raised to 130%, while the AI has to pay only 104% of the normal cost, even less, the later the era is."
You are not losing units but killing 1-3 (or more) a turn on avarage depending on the era. You are not building units. The AI is building 1-3 units a turn at 140% of its normal price for it, instead of buildings etc. Should you make peace if nothing else happens? No, with peace you lose more than the AI with which youd make peace with.

Except that you could use your army to actually take cities instead (of other AI), but thats situational.

But tbh I initially thought these numbers were different (AI would get more weariness, less supply cap) so I can see other stuff being more important currently.
To be clear. Iam winning the war. But my war weariness is higher than from the AI, which makes no sense. I have killed much much more units, trade routes, captured a city, pillaged their tiles, killed CS allied units too.
Why should my war weariness be higher than theirs?
The same thing happens, if I only defend my self. I remember 2 month ago, someone attacked me and lost maybe 30 units while I had lost 2, pillaging and trade route kill was the same on both sides. But the war weariness was nearly the same.

Iam simply annoyed to get punished for being attacked from AIs, which see the need to go for peace much later than me, even Iam a very successful defender.
And everything gets even worse, if those AIs have picked authority, cause ..... -25% war weariness reduction? Yeah, sure... create a mechanic to stop warmongers but then give them right at the start of the game an option to greatly reduce the effect of war weariness...

Does anyone else have the feeling that tributing is kind of underpowered now? Maybe it was overpowered before, but at least my perception of it is that it is way worse now

Does anyone else have the feeling that tributing is kind of underpowered now? Maybe it was overpowered before, but at least my perception of it is that it is way worse now

Don't know myself, but I'm seeing the AI do it quite a bit in the early game at least. The AI seem to be doing as well with Authority as with any other policy too in my games.

I would say it's definitely less yields. The tribute mechanic from authority seem to give less yields too, but I didn't see it that problematic. A small buff?

Winning wars is...broken? No. It’s just winning.
G

Winning wars is...broken? No. It’s just winning.
G
Yes, its stronger than it should be imo, because after like 100 turns you are not really winning the war anymore, you are just stalling and freezing the warscore and the AI must build units at 140% of their normal price... For ever. It cant reduce its warscore no matter what, if you dont make peace.. And you wont because you dont suffer that much from it as the AI. Despite you are not winning, just stalling.

I mentioned in a previous beta how an AI civ started and finishing a wonder on the same turn, and I was satisfied that it was to do with GPs and other factors.

Now I have just seen my own wonder being created instantly 5 turns ahead of schedule.

I cannot make any sense of some of these instant yields. I understand this is integral to efficient play, but to a casual player like myself, it is unfathomable. I just want to be able to understand where the numbers are coming from, but every turn there is all these bonuses and instant yields, and it really puts me off trying to work out what is going on.

I mentioned in a previous beta how an AI civ started and finishing a wonder on the same turn, and I was satisfied that it was to do with GPs and other factors.

Now I have just seen my own wonder being created instantly 5 turns ahead of schedule.

I cannot make any sense of some of these instant yields. I understand this is integral to efficient play, but to a casual player like myself, it is unfathomable. I just want to be able to understand where the numbers are coming from, but every turn there is all these bonuses and instant yields, and it really puts me off trying to work out what is going on.
All instant bonuses a player can get is included in the EUI and ingame wiki. Only the AI bonuses are not included.

You chopped a forest, started working more prodction tiles, engineers, started prod TR to that city, had a population born with aqueduct having built, and maybe im forgeting stg.
All included in the EUI and ingame wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom