New Building Preview: Suburb

Syrus_Knife

Sifted Silaphi
Hello all,

I was trying out to make a needed building, a suburb, grows your population more. Anywayz,

I can't test them out, so, somebody please tell me my flaws (Ukas...:rolleyes: ).

And if it looks nice with a screenshot (would be nice:))

Here it is.

SuburbSmall

SuburbLarge

Sorry matey, but I'm afraid I don't like it. :(

Apart from being too dark, it doesn't quite fit right with the usual Civ3 perspective.

Here is the large suburb, along side a grid showing the Civ3 tile edges....

Attachments

• suberb.gif
    suberb.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 199
Cyrus,

idea is good and apart from darkness pic looks promising, so I give few advices:

The background looks like you've stretched it from a much smaller pic. Take a some pic from art\civilopedia\icons\buildings and draw or copy and paste the grass of backgroung on top the existing building. Save it as empty grass pic what you can use every time when you start a new one.

Remember that when you paste a clip on the empty grass pic (like a building to work with) it should be on RGB mode. If it's indexed (what civ3 uses) it uses colors in the pic to replace every possible shade in the clip you are pasting. Use magenta as end color on your palette.

Work with details and everything which doesn't come anywhere near with civ standard.

Hope this helps, :)

Ukas

How did you guess? I cropped a section out of a AirportLarge I think :)

What program did you use? I am using Poser4 :D
I found a neat object and thought it would be a nice touch. But it is flawed, like always.

I'll try your advice and see what happens...:thumbsup:
Thanks

(it's Syrus!!!) :p

I'm using Photoshop 7.0 which is an excellent program for the purpose. But I guess Poser4 (checked the manufacturer's site) should work fine.

I'll attach a pic where you can see my earlier stuff with their new equivalents. Last years I've done stuff the traditional way so my "skills" with computer were well forgotten.

There's the slave plantation, concentration camp and that Moai Eastern Islands tourist site.

Attachments

• oldstuff-newstuff.jpg
    oldstuff-newstuff.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom