New Civ Tweet... what could this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not DLC, because we didn't had cinematic trailers
It seems like screaming for an expansion, but it could be the announcement of a new boardgame or a mobile game?

They confirmed it isn't a boardgame, okay. More hopes for an expansion! :) If it would be an announcement, it would be sooner than expected. April / May / June release probably (however they announced the base game of Civ VI very late actually)

Can't wait until Tuesday...

2. It's still a lot more fun than every other strategy game, even in its
present incomplete form.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there a lot more people playing Civ5 than Civ6? If true, then your claim that 6 is more fun than every other strategy game doen't stand up to scrutiny.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there a lot more people playing Civ5 than Civ6? If true, then your claim that 6 is more fun than every other strategy game doen't stand up to scrutiny.

A lot more people own V than VI because it has been out for 6.5 years longer, so not really a fair comparison.

A more interesting comparison would be % of owners currently playing either game, or % of people who own both that are playing V vs VI.

It was posted on the Civ VI Twitter feed so I don't think it makes sense for them to be teasing a totally different Civ game on this account. I'm sure it will be something to do specifically with Civ VI!

The account is for the franchise (@CivGame, created in 2009), same for the facebook page. They posted about revolution II back when they launched it and more recently the board game.

The account is for the franchise (@CivGame, created in 2009), same for the facebook page. They posted about revolution II back when they launched it and more recently the board game.

Well then. They are clearly fools! :shifty:

I would be really surprised if it wasn't specific to Civ VI though.

Your argument is fatally flawed: civ 5 has been out for over 6 years.

Six years, yet it's done a remarkable job at retaining players. Can the same be said for Civ6?
As I say, a more interesting comparison would be % of owners currently playing either game, or % of people who own both that are playing V vs VI. Without having some of these numbers you can't really say that V has done a better job of retaining players. Total number of people currently playing V is meaningless. I'm definitely in the camp that has not gone back to singleplayer V since VI was released, although I do play multiplayer V because my friends haven't upgraded yet (for system requirements / financial reasons).

Six years, yet it's done a remarkable job at retaining players. Can the same be said for Civ6?

Considering that Civ VI have more owners playing than V (V have more people playing it because more people own it), yes, the same can be said about Civ VI. It's actually quite remarkable that Civ VI have a health player base despite its issues. As for fun, it's subjective and a matter of taste. I have fun playing it, just as much as I had playing V.

No, because it hasn't been 6 years yet. You don't seem
to be understanding something very fundamental.

It's perfectly possible that the Civ VI Twitter account can contradict that of Ed Beach's.

There have been numerous times the official Twitter account of an organization, the head of a division's Twitter account, and the head of an organization's Twitter account contradict each other.

This is why even verified Twitter accounts aren't fully reliable.

No, because it hasn't been 6 years yet. You don't seem
to be understanding something very fundamental.

What does age have to do with it? You didn't qualify your statement to account for age, you said it was the funnest strategy game on the market. Subjectively, I can't tell you you're wrong. Objectively, I can tell you there are MANY people who disagree with you wholeheartedly.

We are listing our accomplishments so I am saying HoF

That's how they do usually, backporting bug fixes and AI improvements to vanilla mechanisms, and that's why, even if it can be (very) frustrating sometimes time, I accept to buy an incomplete product, waiting for them to finish it : I know that they will finish it.

The day they stop providing what you call "free updates" to an incomplete product, is the day they lose me as a customer.

Well, the person I was responding to referenced 'late-game improvements'. To me, that sounds like they want new content added to vanilla, for free. Of course I think we should get free bug fixes and tweaks to existing content.

Also, calling Civ6 incomplete on launch is a ridiculous statement imo. Both when comparing to previous Civ games, and to the current games market as a whole.

What does age have to do with it? You didn't qualify your statement to account for age, you said it was the funnest strategy game on the market. Subjectively, I can't tell you you're wrong. Objectively, I can tell you there are MANY people who disagree with you wholeheartedly.

The issue is that you are trying to use a meaningless number to argue that objectively people prefer Civ V to Civ VI.

This seems like a silly debate to be getting into but what's the internet for apart from unnecessary disagreements? :)

Also, calling Civ6 incomplete on launch is a ridiculous statement imo. Both when comparing to previous Civ games, and to the current games market as a whole.
I agree. It may not be perfect but it's definitely complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom