New Civ Tweet... what could this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea. At first I thought it was to do with the new board game coming out, but then I realised the date is after its release.

I have no idea. At first I thought it was to do with the new board game coming out, but then I realised the date is after its release.
It might however be connected with the board game nonetheless. Maybe a board game live stream. The wheel with the eras might appear there to mark in which era you are right now.

We haven't seen a cinematic tease since the launch trailer right? All other videos have only had in-game animation or dev interviews.

Also, the time is listed as Pacific, which means this probably originates from 2K marketing. However, it's the usual 10am EST slot that we are accustomed to.

If it is an expansion announcement, it’s definitely coming a lot earlier than expected. With that said I wouldn’t rule it out; for all we know, there could be 3 slightly smaller expansions this time around, or some other form of content release more in line with the new Take Two marketing direction.

If it is an expansion announcement, it’s definitely coming a lot earlier than expected. With that said I wouldn’t rule it out; for all we know, there could be 3 slightly smaller expansions this time around, or some other form of content release more in line with the new Take Two marketing direction.

The fact that this tease is cinematic, and one we haven't seen before, is indicative of something that has a larger budget than the TToAH or First Looks. I think the chances of an expansion being announced so shockingly soon are relatively high. Maybe not 50%, but close. Both the expansions for Civ V had new opening cinematics.

The fact that this tease is cinematic, and one we haven't seen before, is indicative of something that has a larger budget than the TToAH or First Looks. I think the chances of an expansion being announced so shockingly soon are relatively high. Maybe not 50%, but close. Both the expansions for Civ V had new opening cinematics.
The wording does suggest the HoF though. Maybe it‘s a DLC that adds gameplay things without being a full expansion. Or would they advertise an expansion with the HoF as a main feature?

I think the chances of an expansion being announced so shockingly soon are relatively high.
I agree it's incredibly early for an expansion - would have thought they would have wanted this holiday season for sales first. My guess is something to do withe board game.

So.. Ed Beach has done few interviews out of the blue, where he hints about Civ 6's future. And now this.

The board game comes out this week so it's definately for that.

I guess Expansion is likely,,

By the way, on the wheel there's like one extra era than in Civ 6, if those are indeed eras:

Medieval (Knight's helmet)
Renaissance ( Musket, painters gear, telescope)
Industrial (train and coal, tophat and cane)
Colonial/Imperialistic(?) ( Rifle, Tropical helmet, Gramophone)

As usual i put my trust on Eagle Pursuit to read through the firaxis fog of minor details.

Lets combine all the smart brains of the civfanatic community and figure out what is happening on November 28th.

I`ll say the expansion is still like 6 months off at least, My expectation is still summer `18. It could be a double sized patch in januari? With an innovation that should belong to an expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom