New civs for RFCE 1.2

Choose your civs:

• Total voters
Scotland will counter England (or finally make it become Super England), the only nation in RFCE that keeps losing 1/4 - 1/3 of its own territory over and over again to that minor revolution mechanic. Once I've seen Germany taking Scotland because England wasn't fast enough to reconquer it (I think they might get tired). Actually in most of my late games, Europe is battling Europe, and England says it's part of someone's alliance, but in truth it's just waiting for the next Scottish rebellion

Agreed. I voted Scotland.

Alright, after 38 votes:

1. Aragon - 32
2. Novgorod - 31
3. Morocco - 29

4. TO/Prussia 23
4. Scotland - 23
6. Crimea - 22

7. Sicily - 18
8. Egypt - 17
8. Tunesia - 17
10. Denmark/Norway - 16

After 50 votes (+12):

1. Aragon - 37 (+5)
2. Novgorod - 34 (+3)
3. Morocco - 33 (+4)
4. TO/Prussia - 31 (+8)
5. Scotland - 30 (+7)
6. Crimea - 26 (+4)
7. Egypt - 23 (+6)
8. Tunesia - 21 (+4)
8. Sicily - 21 (+3)
8. Denmark/Norway - 21 (+5)

It's rather balanced I have to say

PS: I quite enjoy theses civ polls
I made one for new civs in Civ V (even though I don't even have that game, prefer Civ IV way more :mischief:)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=460009
Go and vote on some more civs if you are interested
And as we are in RFCE, don't forget the European ones, Hungary in particular ;)

PS2: wonder poll: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=485488

I planned to close the vote after the companies are in
But we can set a real deadline for the poll:
Maybe next Friday, so the 1st of March

Where's the Sultanate of Rum? There was place for it in the RFCE++ map and I'm pretty sure that this map is going to be the same as RFCE++. This civilization would make Anatolia much more interesting, but I guess it's not on the top of the list right now. The five most important civs to include right now (and I would much rather have them all included) would definitely be Prussia/Teutonic Order for the more conflicts needed in this region and it's good for historical accuracy, Morocco because the area is completely empty, Tunisia because again the area is completely empty, the Crown of Aragon because they are the ones who create Spain's Mediterranean empire, and the Kingdom of Scotland because the war for the British isles should be much harder for the English than them just capturing one small sparsely defended city.

Where's the Sultanate of Rum? There was place for it in the RFCE++ map and I'm pretty sure that this map is going to be the same as RFCE++. This civilization would make Anatolia much more interesting, but I guess it's not on the top of the list right now. The five most important civs to include right now (and I would much rather have them all included) would definitely be Prussia/Teutonic Order for the more conflicts needed in this region and it's good for historical accuracy, Morocco because the area is completely empty, Tunisia because again the area is completely empty, the Crown of Aragon because they are the ones who create Spain's Mediterranean empire, and the Kingdom of Scotland because the war for the British isles should be much harder for the English than them just capturing one small sparsely defended city.

I agree. But most TO, Scotland, and Aragon. If it is between adding more to an empty land or adding more to a boring land, I'd pick the latter.

Rum, Serbia, Bohemia, Lombardy
All 4 were in ++, but missing from this poll
In my opinion those civs won't have enough space on the map, and/or not really needed for gameplay

After 50 votes (+12):

1. Aragon - 37 (+5)
2. Novgorod - 34 (+3)
3. Morocco - 33 (+4)
4. TO/Prussia - 31 (+8)
5. Scotland - 30 (+7)
6. Crimea - 26 (+4)
7. Egypt - 23 (+6)
8. Tunesia - 21 (+4)
8. Sicily - 21 (+3)
8. Denmark/Norway - 21 (+5)

It's rather balanced I have to say

PS: I quite enjoy theses civ polls
I made one for new civs in Civ V (even though I don't even have that game, prefer Civ IV way more :mischief:)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=460009
Go and vote on some more civs if you are interested
And as we are in RFCE, don't forget the European ones, Hungary in particular ;)

PS2: wonder poll: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=485488

Final result with 70 votes (+20):
1. Aragon - 47 (+10)
2. Novgorod - 46 (+12)
3. TO/Prussia - 44 (+13)
4. Morocco - 42 (+9)
5. Scotland - 40 (+10)

6. Crimea - 35 (+9)
7. Sicily - 32 (+11)
8. Tunesia - 31 (+10)
9. Egypt - 30 (+7)
10. Denmark/Norway - 29 (+8)

What about Crimea, Sicily, Tunesia, Egypt, do you plan to add them?

IMO Crimea and Tunesia would do the best for gameplay / be the most fun among the left-out civs.
Not sure if I will include any more civs, but if I do, those 2 are my preferred choices.

Honestly with this projection Arabia and Egypt can be pretty well merged without really affecting anything. If you decide to expand a little further like you did for 2.0 that's a different story, of course.

Sicily seems a little short-lived to me, but I suppose there's no harm to it. Tunisia and Crimea I would definitely support adding.

Aragon is my new favourit! awsome civ. i wold add only two sidenote: 1, change the dates for 2. & 3. uhv, cos not a big difference, but you do not need 12 city to fullfill 3. uhv. thus it seems logical to change their dates. 1444 controll ect, 1482, have 12 seaport.
2, it would be better if they could start a bit earlier. wont do a big thing, just better keep the balance on the peninsula. so only for gameplay reasons.

Honestly with this projection Arabia and Egypt can be pretty well merged without really affecting anything. If you decide to expand a little further like you did for 2.0 that's a different story, of course.

Sicily seems a little short-lived to me, but I suppose there's no harm to it. Tunisia and Crimea I would definitely support adding.

I agree on the Arabs and Egypt - there isn't enough map space in the south east to fit them both in a viable manner imo. Maybe just add an event to the AI Arabs to change their name and give them a new UU to reflect the rise of the Fatamids then Mamluks?

Don't agree on Sicily tho' - the Kingdom of Sicily existed in one form or another from 1130 to 1816. They were vassals for much of that time, but the same can be argued for Burgundy and other civs imo. I think their addition would give a good balance to the centre of the Med, and would put more pressure on the human Byzantine Empire which at the moment has it a bit too easy in the Balkans.

Top Bottom