New Content Coming to Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition

Wilde

Warlord
Supporter
Official statement from Firaxis (see this link):-

It’s important to us that wherever Civilization fans live around the world, that the Digital Deluxe edition provides a great value. We saw that prices with certain currencies didn’t live up to the savings we’re looking to deliver, and so we are excited to offer this new content at no additional charge to those who purchase, or already own, the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe edition.

In the coming months, we’ll be releasing two additional Civilization & Scenario Packs for Civilization VI that will introduce three new leaders representing civilizations from Africa and Southeast Asia. This content will appear automatically for purchasers of the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe edition upon release.

Moderator Action: Edited to reflect that this is a statement from Firaxis

Last edited by a moderator:
Source?

EDIT: I mean, I very much want to believe it, but I also want to be certain.

I wonder who will it be ... They said 2 civs but three leaders ... I'm really curious, but feel like the SE Asian may be the 2 leader one, with Vietnam : long time demanded, and knowing their like for modern history, I think they'll add Ho Chi Minh, and another one, like the Trung sisters or Le Loi, to avoid to frustrate players that do not want to play as Ho Chi Minh (although I really prefer the Khmer)

wait, these new civs are exclusive for Digital Deluxe Owners, if they are, that's the most stupidest move that The Civilization devs have ever made.

wait, these new civs are exclusive for Digital Deluxe Owners, if they are, that's the most stupidest move that The Civilization devs have ever made.

I'm too lazy to look up the threads complaining about the Deluxe Edition not having enough value and in some countries even being more expensive than buying everything seperately, so just go look them up yourself.

Great news! Very interested in what they'll offer.

More civs is always good.
Although I wouldn't mind some additional leaders for the current civs :)

Well, this is exciting news!
Question is how many of these three Civs are African and how many are Southeast Asian?
I can see it being two African, one SE Asian, or two SE Asian, one African. I'm leaning towards two African, one SE Asian...I can't expect them to give SE Asia that much attention, can I?

We saw that prices with certain currencies didn’t live up to the savings we’re looking to deliver, and so we are excited to offer this new content at no additional charge to those who purchase, or already own, the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe edition.

So they saw the complaints about DDE in certain other countries and this is how they handled it. Very nice.

Well, this is exciting news!
Question is how many of these three Civs are African and how many are Southeast Asian?
I can see it being two African, one SE Asian, or two SE Asian, one African. I'm leaning towards two African, one SE Asian...I can't expect them to give SE Asia that much attention, can I?
It's probably two civs and one of them comes with two leaders.
Another option is two civs and a second leader for India or Kongo.

It's probably two civs and one of them comes with two leaders.
Another option is two civs and a second leader for India or Kongo.

A new Civ will have dual leaders? That's a little odd.
Also, India counts as Southeast Asian?

Rereading it...it kinda implies DD owners will get "one" new DLC (all new content) but they are releasing two additional Civilization & Scenario Packs. Or, I read it as DD owners get something included but two paid for DLCs are also going to be available. So, maybe three new DLCs?

Top Bottom