New Cumulative General History Quiz VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if we consider separate Chinese dynasties as separate empires, then there should probably be USSR right next to Russia in top 10....

Since it's been 72 hours...

Find something that connects these things/persons togheter. This question is perhaps more general knowledge than history knowledge...

Upper right corner are the bridges of Könisberg, and most probably Euler.

Upper left could be Immanuel Kant, other famous Königsberger, and thus down left would probably be the coat of arms of the town.

Down right is probably some other famous man from there, I just can't tell who.

So my guess would be: Königsberg.

Indeed - all correct! :goodjob: Your turn, Atticus.

A little hint for the last person: Do you know any other names for Königsberg?

Kaliningrad
The coat of arms is also that of Kaliningrad, technically. Historical coat of arms is that red-and-white(silver?) on the ship. I didn't know it, looked it up and thought I'd clarify.

Thanks for clarifying, Yeekim. Now it should be easy to id the last person. :)

I must admit that I was inspired to make the quiz due to your old avatar, Dachs. So it was in a way nice that I posted this after you had changed avatar. By the way, why all the changes? Identity (avatar) crisis? :D

Well I had some doubts that it could be Kalinin, but was too unsure.

Ok, here's next question: Legend says that the kings of playing cards are certain rulers of the past. Who are they? (No need to know which king is which ruler)

I must admit that I was inspired to make the quiz due to your old avatar, Dachs.
The Teutonic Knights are...were...have been awesome. :p
Olav said:
By the way, why all the changes? Identity (avatar) crisis? :D
Kinda. I think that my avatar should reflect me, my current interests, and mentality, and I change it semimonthly to keep up a semblance of that. I doubt people will expect the second February avatar. :evil:
Name at least two companies that were part of the IG Farbenindustrie AG conglomerate, and why they were joined together.
Bayer and BASF were two of them. I think that the Farben companies were already working very closely with one another from war experience, and decided to merge in order to provide more powerful competition and reclaim prewar dominance, something that only became possible when the German economy started to stabilize after '24. Carl Duisberg at Bayer was the prime mover, wasn't he?

What treaty saw the transfer of western (or 'Royal') Prussia from the control of the Teutonic Knights to the crown of Poland?

Nah. :p Nice try though.

Second Treaty of Thorn, after the Thirteen Years' War against the Prussian Confederation.

Right, I'm looking for a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom