New Exploit?

I agree with what Renata said. One of the reasons we voted to allow cancelling bad events, or even why it was brought up in the first place, was that it would be impossible to police whether someone quit out from them or not. It's just as easy to quit from a slave revolt as from a bad event without a choice. The rule should go for all events, you can cancel any you like - even the good ones if you find them cheesy. ;)
Except this MAY be policeable, if THE event ALWAYS happens after the turn (as in this case), it shows up in the log!

It showed in the log because he took the option instead of cancelling it. If he cancelled it with the cheat it would not show!

Except according to this post..." Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Not quite sure what you mean by the 2nd point...?

Dave, can you please reload then from cav scout's last login. The RE happened after we'd ended turn."

Once you end the turn...force quitting should not make a difference.

No, I believe it's an artifact of how the Pitboss/sequential turns is working. I think, in a single player game, it would really be an event at the start of their team's next turn, but of course you can stay logged into Pitboss and so it came up there. (So hypothetically if they logged out, and then no one on their team logged in until the clock ran down and all the other teams played, it would come up on their next turn, and no other team would know yet) If they succeed in canceling it the other teams would probably not know either way.

But how the event is logged is irrelevant at this point. There was ample opportunity to speak up about particular events/concerns, both here and to your own team (whichever it is, but you didn't convince them to vote otherwise). So the decision really is that teams can cancel any event they want.

The rule should go for all events, you can cancel any you like - even the good ones if you find them cheesy. ;)
Indeed. I'd even encourage everyone to consider canceling their good events! (Everyone except Saturn, of course.) :D

Once you end the turn...force quitting should not make a difference.
But it's make, that is fact.
That was the original exploit with me. I quit after EoT to discuss the situation, but after this, there was no event anymore.

So now that it seems that all the teams have voted and we know that a team can choose to ignore a random event, (and we all know how to do it)

How do we treat the case where a team screws up and the event happen:

Example:

Turn End.

Turn player chooses one of the cases instead of exiting the game... a "Misclick"

Are we going to allow a reload for this?
Or is this considered a misclick just like sending your worker the wrong way?

I think you'd have to consider it a missclick and keep it, because some events are positive/negative events with chances in them (ie herbalist), so if you allow a reload after one of those events, then that team has an unfair advantage because they know what the RNG will give them (eg it could be construed that the turn player acted to take advantage of the system allowing a reload if the event was bad, but if the event was good then it would be kept).

I agree with Krill here, you'd have to cancel immediately or not at all. No reloads.

So in that case Kaz gets a reload here since they weren't sure on the rule, but after that, no reload for a negative event. If you avoid it great, if you screw up too bad.

:agree:

You're allowed to cancel negative events. If you fail to cancel - that your bad. Just like everything else in the game. :yup:

Okay. So now that we've come to a decision, when's the game coming up? Haven't heard from DaveShack in ages. :)

You're allowed to cancel negative events. If you fail to cancel - that your bad. Just like everything else in the game. :yup:
:agree:

We just had the misfortune of getting the event before the rule had been finalised :sad:

Top Bottom