[R&F] New Features Video

Some good points. Shades of blue would certainly work for an ocean faring Civ.

While all this sounds reasonable though, I don’t think they are going to leave South America with only one Civ through the first expansion pack.

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely that South America won't be getting a civ this time. But that being said, really studying the picture, his nose also seems to look more Polynesian than Native American. Perhaps he could have a nose like that if he is from the far south of the Americas, like Chile and Argentina, so the Mapuche idea is still on the table here, but I would lean more towards Polynesian because of his nose.
And yeah, to me that headband looks kinda fuzzy, which would fit well with a Polynesian style headband, rather than a material headband typically used by South American native peoples.
This one is yellow, but as you can see, Polynesian leaders did wear such things...

I'm also trying to work out what he is wearing, as we get a glimpse of it. It's not much to go on...Could be a cape, which would work well for the Mapuche idea, but that would not rule out Polynesia either.

I mean, Zulu are only confirmed, because Scotland is confirmed and the leak said both.
Essentially, yes. We can hold out hope and dream that it's not the Zulu, but well... it's over. The Fat Lady has sung, the Titanic has hit the iceberg, the bartender has called Last Call, the fifer has sounded the retreat. We've lost. We get one cool semi-surprise, one insta-meme, and one horse that has been beaten to death so hard that the zombie-horse is begging for mercy.

Essentially, yes. We can hold out hope and dream that it's not the Zulu, but well... it's over. The Fat Lady has sung, the Titanic has hit the iceberg, the bartender has called Last Call, the fifer has sounded the retreat. We've lost. We get one cool semi-surprise, one insta-meme, and one horse that has been beaten to death so hard that the zombie-horse is begging for mercy.
Not sure what is what. I like both Inca/Mapuche and Scotland. :p I love bagpipes.

ShakaZulu can be both a dead horse and an insta-meme for all I care.

Not sure what is what. I like both Inca/Mapuche and Scotland. :p I love bagpipes.

ShakaZulu can be both a dead horse and an insta-meme for all I care.
Scotland will be an insta-meme. I mean... let's be honest, how many of US could make a Scotland civ and completely avoid any references to Braveheart, Mel Gibson, or Highlander? I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do it.

And we already know the Civ devs see the humor in what they design (I give you, by way of example, Gilgabro saying, "You mad?")

This is a little disappointing. At least they have unique city art.

It’s also weird, I notice those pikemen have beards. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that wasn’t exactly the Aztec (or any other Native culture I’m aware of) fashion...
You're wrong: some Native Americans did wear beards.

But yes, broadly speaking, plucking the beard (and often body, too) was a common Native American fashion.

Scotland will be an insta-meme. I mean... let's be honest, how many of US could make a Scotland civ and completely avoid any references to Braveheart, Mel Gibson, or Highlander? I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do it.

And we already know the Civ devs see the humor in what they design (I give you, by way of example, Gilgabro saying, "You mad?")

The chance might be low, but there is still hope! Hope! Not much though.

Wouldn't the blue on the map also point to Scotland as well, not just the Mapuche. I mean the colour blue is often associated with them and their flag has it too.

I know the evidence is there for Mapuche but I still think it could be other civs too. Polynesia, possibly some other Native American civs. Im not a history expert but there has to be other civ leaders that wear headbands like that. I know Polynesia does, but the problem is I couldn't find a single leader who even some what resembles that portrait.

Side note:

This is the week they decided to "take a week off from First Look videos" and less than 7 hours from the normal "First Look" time, we've now confirmed all 3 of the remaining Civs and their leaders.

Nice work, Firaxis. Well played.

Honestly... I think there's a overusage of the word CONFIRMED in these forums... Deduced should be used, expected also, but from MY point of view, nothing in here is CONFIRMED !

Wouldn't the blue on the map also point to Scotland as well, not just the Mapuche. I mean the colour blue is often associated with them and their flag has it too.
There was no Scottish leader and it looks like the map and all the Civs were revealed.

Honestly... I think there's a overusage of the word CONFIRMED in these forums... Deduced should be used, expected also, but from MY point of view, nothing in here is CONFIRMED !

Yeap, that's what I was trying to save above, but you just said it far better!

You know I hope they keep teasers for DLC Civs too. Its fun to try to figure it out and I enjoy waiting for it.

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely that South America won't be getting a civ this time. But that being said, really studying the picture, his nose also seems to look more Polynesian than Native American. Perhaps he could have a nose like that if he is from the far south of the Americas, like Chile and Argentina, so the Mapuche idea is still on the table here, but I would lean more towards Polynesian because of his nose.
And yeah, to me that headband looks kinda fuzzy, which would fit well with a Polynesian style headband, rather than a material headband typically used by South American native peoples.
This one is yellow, but as you can see, Polynesian leaders did wear such things...

I'm also trying to work out what he is wearing, as we get a glimpse of it. It's not much to go on...Could be a cape, which would work well for the Mapuche idea, but that would not rule out Polynesia either.

Not too bad, yeah. I’m certainly in favour of a Oceanic Civ returning in Civ VI. :)

You may be on to something, anyway.

Research has found many similarities between Mapuche and Polynesian cultures, including pre-columbine chickens that have been determined to have come from Polynesia by analyzing their DNA.[4] One of the earliest human occupation sites of the Americas, Monte Verde, lies within what was later to become Mapuche territory, although there is currently no proved relation between Monte Verde people and Mapuche.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Mapuche

A good article here, as well:

http://islandheritage.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RNJ_24_1_Ramirez_Aliaga.pdf

I know I am. I'm a little annoyed by some of the beelining and problems like the AT crews appearing too early (not to mention too numerous and essentially taking the place of infantry type units)>

Yes the problem isn't the Ai doesn't have money to upgrade or built modern unit its he doesn't have the technology to do it.I'm pretty annoyed by the fact i still have to fight of knights with my infantry at the modern era its annoying.

the fact you can go straight to the renaissance if you research shipbuilding. There are so many jumps to other era's that the game goes way to fast( great person generatior gets destroyed)or techs that don't lead to anything like
Military Tactics.

Thats something i noticed in gods and king we got a new tech tree and big changes in this expansion nothing

Why not make a new technology with the pike and shot as unit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom